343: Force challenges to unlock BP
Me: Tries to complete challenges
343: Put me in a game where I can’t do challenges
Me: Leave game
343: Bans me
Me: …
343: No comment.

Edit/update:
I purchased the BP so I can get cool unlocks. I want to get those unlocks, otherwise I wouldn’t have purchased the BP. I’m going to try to get the unlocks in the most efficient way possible. I’m getting punished for it.

There are VERY simple solutions to fix it. For example, let me choose which gametype to play. Let us veto/vote on maps. Don’t have such specific/arbitrary challenges. Give us XP for performance and playing the objective in games.

Those saying “don’t leave, you ruin it for others” - … Don’t blame me, blame 343. I don’t have a ton of time to play, I don’t want to play games that aren’t going to make me progress in the BP. I’m going to continue to leave/AFK until it’s fixed.

16 Likes

Stop leaving games :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

Leaving a game is ruining the experience for others - you deserve the ban AND game modes that aren’t for your challenge.

Edit: I am not an advocate for the BP system, the challenges and how they work together - I’m not entirely against OP.

8 Likes

The fact that 343 designed the BP and challenge system this way is a joke. I don’t care what people say. This is the worst progression system in gaming history.

9 Likes

Can’t you wait 10-15 mins for the match to end? Have fun playing instead of going straight for challenges. You don’t get a game you need, so what, yeah get mad or annoyed a bit, but don’t ruin it for other players by leaving.

4 Likes

This is the worst progression system in gaming history.

Lootbox progression says hi.

343: Force challenges to unlock BP

You can get a level per day easily without needing to do a single challenge now and you’d still finish before the battle pass is over.

Sorry, but you deserve getting banned for being a loser that leaves games.

3 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from. But if you can not acknowledge their BP/Challenge/Progression is a terrible system, you are part of the problem.

I purchased the BP so I can get cool unlocks. I want to get those unlocks, otherwise I wouldn’t have purchased the BP. I’m going to try to get the unlocks in the most efficient way possible. I’m getting punished for it.

There are VERY simple solutions to fix it. For example, let me choose which gametype to play. Let us veto/vote on maps. Don’t have such specific/arbitrary challenges. Give us XP for performance and playing the objective in games. He11, I’m not even asking for a solution… just an acknowledgment from 343 that this is a broken system and they are working to fix it.

2 Likes

I agree everyone had the assumption of playing well would equate to more XP like APEX or COD. I feel 343i is in the process of addressing that even if it’s slower than we like. While I enjoy challenges/achievements I feel it’s a balancing act to have enough meat on a BP to make it rewarding when you play but not have it be blazed through in a week/month. Looking at this I feel it’s better to start out too restrictive on XP and BP progressing and slowly release the flood (no pun intended) of XP vs. starting with too much and restricting it later.

I really get the impression this view is a generational thing. The kids who are getting into Halo now are obsessed (probably from all the adderall lmao) with challenges and digital clothes they don’t know how to have fun without getting something in return.

3 Likes

No :slight_smile: let me choose my game mode instead.

6 Likes

Imagine blaming someone for leaving a gametype they don’t want to play.

Imagine in 2021 not having a button to choose slayer, or CTF, or action sack, or any other particular playlist.

Imagine acting like people annoyed with their 10th not-slayer game in a row, when all they want to play is slayer, are losers.

I just treat all the gametypes like secondary slayer because I want to play slayer, not seed-collection-simulator or Total Control, which is slayer with extra steps and a 25% chance of stalemating.

8 Likes

Right? In soooo many ways, Halo Infinite has regressed instead of progressed.

I don’t even want to start talking about the regression in customizability of armor/icons/colors…

2 Likes

It’s 100% generational. Back in my day you were free to quit and nobody cared and you did not get banned. Now you have to stay in a game with team 2 AFK players or a team who does not play the objective. My favorite is when the enemy team is also not playing objective and are just farming out kills on you and the 3 people who could not 3v1 a bot with it’s shields off. God forbit you ruin the amazingly fun experiences in those games by backing out.

God help you if you have one hour a day to play and just want to progress some challenges to get the weekly unlock without spending 10-15 minutes in game modes you do not need.

4 Likes

Calm down…have some dip.

I’d love some dip…dip the f outa these games without a ban aaaaaayoooo.
Nah jk I’d love some.

I’d rather the game have a system where it puts quitters and other grievers in their own MM lobby instead of banning them. I’ve seen ranked games get abused with people shooting their teammates until they have enough and shoot them back and having the game kick them out for betrayal. Than there are the bans for the game crashing. I’m neither a fan and hater of quitters but the ban system is flawed and primed for abuse. If someone wanted to they could get on a VPN ,make a few hundred dumby accounts and DDOS the majority of the playerbase into bans.

But if you can not acknowledge their BP/Challenge/Progression is a terrible system

I’ve frequently complained about it elsewhere.

Leaving games and making your team get stuck with crappy bots isn’t “the most efficient way possible,” especially since you almost certainly knew you’d get a ban at some point.

hahahah i feel you.
I had a stronghold challenge (win 3 games) and 10 games in a row i had slayer, ctf and odball… stronghold didnt exist anymore… i went to the darkside and became a quitter.
I was lucky and did not get banned.
Then i got a Odball Challenge (win 3 games)… oh boy 343 really hates me

I’ve been stuck on the last challenge, Win 3 Slayer, and out of the last 24 games only a single Slayer match. I’m just AFK’ing the matches now. I don’t even care

I mean, on the subject of Bans for leaving games, I do believe that there’s something to be done.
There’s multiple reasons a person can leave (Or be forced to leave a game). These can range from:

• Bad Connection
    *Game Crashing (Specially recurrent on PC)
    *Game Freezing (Specially on console)
    *Just plain being a -Yoink!-

Notice that most of the times leaving a game is not the player’s fault, however the player is punished for it…

So yeah, I agree that, while this is a Beta still, I’d hate to see some of what OP mentions be in the Golden Master release…

Just my thoughts…

People leaving wouldn’t be a problem if they could choose which gamemode they wanted to play and only play that gamemode :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes