Infinite Ideas

So, I’ve been poking around the forms and have seen so many good posts. And they’ve inspired me to compile my list based off things I’ve seen here in the fourms that I think would make for some interesting additions, I don’t expect any of these to actually happen, but it’s fun to think about, especially when 343 pokes around on the forms looking for ideas. Be sure to post your own ideas down!

-Challenges with enticing rewards are definitely a good way to keep the player base engaged, just look to reach as an example… even though they only rewarded credits/xp, they were a reason to jump on. Cosmetic unlocks would be an awesome thing to do, either armor, coatings, or heck, even both. Not saying give them out like candy or anything of course… but maybe give out a certain amount of cosmetic items a week though challenges.

-As for gameplay activities in the open world in campaign… well I believe that since the campaign is basically what the $60 is paying for it’s only fair that it’s filled with content. And, I believe that having content like public event style missions are a good idea, some could be something akin to firefight where you can choose to jump in and wipe out hordes of banished which could doing various things like trying to break into a forruner weapon cache being defended by prometheans that you can claim after the dust settles to maybe an all out battle between the banished and prometheans… could even go try to save some Marines that were shot down or ambused by the banished. Or, maybe close to when Halloween rolls around they can have mini flood invasions you can stomp out for some spooky flood cosmetic loot for MP… or something similar to what I saw on one of the replies on here, have the ability to maybe build and place pre-built UNSC structures/mounted turrets/vehicle and weapon depots in areas that you can eventually take control over that you can occasionally defend from the banished or whatever might be giving your base the stink eye.

-Armor customization is awesome, being able to put your own stamp on anything is always satisfying, why should games be any different? That’s why I’ve been overjoyed to hear that they’re doing an expanded version of Reach’s armor customization for infinite, now, it’s a shame that I can’t put images on here but after looking at 343’s Halo wars 2 designs, I just can’t help but want them in the game… the Omega team Spartans have some really cool attachments to their armor as well as just interesting armor in general, even something I found called a Spartan sniper from Halo wars 2 which just might be concept art but think it would be a shame to not utilize these designs, even if only aspects of them… heck, they could even jump back into Bungie’s halo reach concept art bin for some cool ideas

-And another couple things, after completing the campaign maybe they could make it so there’s a co-op dedicated version (that you can play solo if you desire) of the campaign open world that you can jump in with friends that could have special and unique challenges/events/missions/enemy types/vehicles/weapons/etc in addition to what was already available… plus you can play as your MP Spartan… I know it’s kind of a big ask, but it would be pretty damn sweet for us campaign and firefight nuts and I’m sure a lot of other people would enjoy it, and I’m pretty sure it would help keep the game alive for a long time, especially if it gets updates. Or, they could make it so after finishing the campaign they could have the ability to play as your MP Spartan if you choose to, it’s a small thing, but lost planet 2 did it and in my opinion it added to the replay value.

Whatever happens, I really hope they hit the mark on this one, infinite looks so promising.

I totally agree. I would love to see challenges in campaign and multiplayer rather daily, weekly etc. I like the gameplay activities you have and they did tease some gameplay activities in Decembers Inside Infinite post. I can’t wait until flighting and the release, the game is looking amazing

Non-luck based armor unlocks, like in previous halo titles. Like getting a new armor every 5 levels are getting credits to buy armor like in reach. But the challenges look really cool.

> 2533274848460159;1:
> So, I’ve been poking around the forms and have seen so many good posts. And they’ve inspired me to compile my list based off things I’ve seen here in the fourms that I think would make for some interesting additions, I don’t expect any of these to actually happen, but it’s fun to think about, especially when 343 pokes around on the forms looking for ideas. Be sure to post your own ideas down!
>
> -Challenges with enticing rewards are definitely a good way to keep the player base engaged, just look to reach as an example… even though they only rewarded credits/xp, they were a reason to jump on. Cosmetic unlocks would be an awesome thing to do, either armor, coatings, or heck, even both. Not saying give them out like candy or anything of course… but maybe give out a certain amount of cosmetic items a week though challenges.
>
> -As for gameplay activities in the open world in campaign… well I believe that since the campaign is basically what the $60 is paying for it’s only fair that it’s filled with content. And, I believe that having content like public event style missions are a good idea, some could be something akin to firefight where you can choose to jump in and wipe out hordes of banished which could doing various things like trying to break into a forruner weapon cache being defended by prometheans that you can claim after the dust settles to maybe an all out battle between the banished and prometheans… could even go try to save some Marines that were shot down or ambused by the banished. Or, maybe close to when Halloween rolls around they can have mini flood invasions you can stomp out for some spooky flood cosmetic loot for MP… or something similar to what I saw on one of the replies on here, have the ability to maybe build and place pre-built UNSC structures/mounted turrets/vehicle and weapon depots in areas that you can eventually take control over that you can occasionally defend from the banished or whatever might be giving your base the stink eye.
>
> -Armor customization is awesome, being able to put your own stamp on anything is always satisfying, why should games be any different? That’s why I’ve been overjoyed to hear that they’re doing an expanded version of Reach’s armor customization for infinite, now, it’s a shame that I can’t put images on here but after looking at 343’s Halo wars 2 designs, I just can’t help but want them in the game… the Omega team Spartans have some really cool attachments to their armor as well as just interesting armor in general, even something I found called a Spartan sniper from Halo wars 2 which just might be concept art but think it would be a shame to not utilize these designs, even if only aspects of them… heck, they could even jump back into Bungie’s halo reach concept art bin for some cool ideas
>
> -And another couple things, after completing the campaign maybe they could make it so there’s a co-op dedicated version (that you can play solo if you desire) of the campaign open world that you can jump in with friends that could have special and unique challenges/events/missions/enemy types/vehicles/weapons/etc in addition to what was already available… plus you can play as your MP Spartan… I know it’s kind of a big ask, but it would be pretty damn sweet for us campaign and firefight nuts and I’m sure a lot of other people would enjoy it, and I’m pretty sure it would help keep the game alive for a long time, especially if it gets updates. Or, they could make it so after finishing the campaign they could have the ability to play as your MP Spartan if you choose to, it’s a small thing, but lost planet 2 did it and in my opinion it added to the replay value.
>
> Whatever happens, I really hope they hit the mark on this one, infinite looks so promising.

I’m very curious to see how they incentivize exploration. The campaign world will have to be very flushed out, with lots of dynamic events and missions, in order to justify the open world. I’ll be honest, I absolutely love Halo, but if you took a world as empty and scripted as the original campaigns, and made it open, it would be very dull. I’m hoping to see lots of missions that are indicated not only on the menu map, but can be visually located through the campaign. I.e. the blue energy spikes that have been shooting out of those towers since Halo CE, those would be an awesome indicator for a specific kind of mission that relates to repairing the ring or unlocking it somehow, each being a location with unique challenges etc. that you have to complete (i.e. one of those has a human ship crashed into it, one is a Banished base, one is empty except for sentinels, etc.

A second great one, based on the 2018 trailer, would be marines popping orange smoke. Imagine how sweet it would be if you see orange smoke wafting over a ridge-line, run up there to see marines defending a crashed pelican or lifeboat. You rescue them and call the pilot in for evac. These marines then go reinforce something along the lines of Alpha Base from Halo: The Flood. Perhaps throughout the game you find missions to go salvage human vehicles or weapons caches, rescue captured forces, or save isolated outposts. As you progress, these UNSC forces become a part of the game, or can perhaps be called in (how cool would it be to get stuck in a firefight then call in a pelican full of marines, or later on an ODST drop or Spartan squad.)

The key to me is that the Campaign be a fun, standalone experience, with all kinds of unlocks and progression that are both cosmetic and not and are not connected to multiplayer. I have no interest in running around in an open world Halo if I can’t customize my campaign armor (a la reach,) or upgrade my skills/armor. I really really particularly would emphasize that I don’t want to find that multiplayer cosmetics are somehow an incentive in the campaign. That would sort of ruin the game for me, since I have always been a campaign/narrative player. Sure, those same armor pieces can be unlock-able for mp, but I certainly don’t want to run around Zeta Halo looking for pizza assault rifle skins for MP. Would happily explore to find upgrades, new armor, weapons, etc., but with an emphasis on actual progression and stockpiling.