Infinite Forge: Scripting

Hey, 343! Since you’re still working on Forge for post launch…
We have some ideas for you!

Here’s mine:

Point Value
Point value scripts that can be used for multi-value conditions and the like. Gameplay example:

> As a side objective, players will find fusion cores on the map. If they deliver these cores to their team’s stockpile, they see that the stockpile changes to represent their current haul. When the stockpile gets big enough, a terminal appears, and they can spawn a vehicle. The more of these fusion cores they save up, the better the vehicle they can spawn! Once a vehicle is spawned, the stockpile resets.

Scripting example:

> Fusion core is assigned a point value. Each team has a zone that acts like a ‘scoreboard’ condition. When a fusion core is placed in the zone, it will add its point value to the scoreboard. When the scoreboard reaches a set value, it will send a message to activate its script. This ‘scoreboard’ does not affect the game type score unless the players want it to!

this could also potentially be helpful for racetrack maps, mini golf, and who knows what else!

I second this

Definitely would use this for a halo wars inspired game.

Just hoping with the addition of AI in the game that Forge will have it. I always wanted to play Custom games with AI.

> 2533274844788302;4:
> Just hoping with the addition of AI in the game that Forge will have it. I always wanted to play Custom games with AI.

For sure! Not just spartan bots, but marines, banished, and sentinel AI’s! Would be great if we could set them up to make custom story stuff, like have speech bubbles pop up for them.