Infinite Forerunner/Prometheans

**My Concept**
**Since these foes are likely here to stay and will be involved in Infinite, I really hope (and believe) they are getting a good artistic redesign, so that they fit in with the designs in the game. Personally, I would love to see something like what I doodled in the concept link above. Something less floaty and detached with a look that fits in with the appearances of forerunner constructs we are familiar with from the past, such as the sentinels. I do enjoy the weapons of the prometheans having that aggressive orange, but everything else should be forerunner blue.

4 and 5’s forerunner designs are neat, but I don’t think they should have taken the direction they had.

Side note: the asymmetrical stuff in my doodle is just to show the hidden layers

> 2533274816257608;1:
> My Concept
> Since these foes are likely here to stay and will be involved in Infinite, I really hope (and believe) they are getting a good artistic redesign, so that they fit in with the designs in the game. Personally, I would love to see something like what I doodled in the concept link above. Something less floaty and detached with a look that fits in with the appearances of forerunner constructs we are familiar with from the past, such as the sentinels. I do enjoy the weapons of the prometheans having that aggressive orange, but everything else should be forerunner blue.
>
> 4 and 5’s forerunner designs are neat, but I don’t think they should have taken the direction they had.
>
> Side note: the asymmetrical stuff in my doodle is just to show the hidden layers

I for one hope they make Forerunner foes more flowing than the boxy design they used for Halo’s 4 and 5.

I’d be okay with the Prometheans having a more, let’s say, traditional Forerunner design along the lines of that doodle. You can easily spin the new design as Cortana shifting their look to make them more palatable to worlds and people she’s conquered. You don’t want robots with skulls wandering around. However, given what the Knights are, it’d still be insidious for her to try and hide that by making them look more like machines when they are people.

It’s hard for the Prometheans. Because they can’t just be turned into the ancient, dead, monolithic art style from the OS, because they have to be appear alive. It was really neat when the reason Forerunner technology on Requiem looked the way it did was because it wasn’t left dormant for 100,000 years, it was active and maintained. But when they carried that art style outside of Requiem it kind of ruined what made Requiem special in the first place.

> 2533274810177460;4:
> It’s hard for the Prometheans. Because they can’t just be turned into the ancient, dead, monolithic art style from the OS, because they have to be appear alive. It was really neat when the reason Forerunner technology on Requiem looked the way it did was because it wasn’t left dormant for 100,000 years, it was active and maintained. But when they carried that art style outside of Requiem it kind of ruined what made Requiem special in the first place.

Very true. Sometimes there is “too much of a good thing.” They could’ve had the art designs different for certain planets/Shield Worlds, even for certain types of Promethans and Forerunner AI.