Infinite flight thoughts and a couple questions.

OK so first off, my impression was mostly positive however there is some feedback I want to log.

1. Can I mute my AI? I’m not sure how helpful fret and lumu were in practice and while I liked them as characters they frustrated me in some scenarios and a toggle be great. One in match if possible.

2. Aiming feels a little strange on console not sure if that’s just me or not. Sort of sluggish.

3. Is there any indicator for when the grapple shot is gonna work vs not? I’m sure i missed it cause it would be odd to not have ui hud indication of if it’ll stick or not. The range was shorter than expected. Not quite titanfall 2 smooth but pretty good.

4. If I pick up over shield or camo id like the option to hold the pick up input to auto equip on pick up.

5. AR feels slightly too effective at range.
    I like its so viable it just edges out some stuff as its got such a low skill floor that it is almost always a good choice of weapon. A slight reduction in effective range would be great.

6. Clamber is really fast, I understand it is to make the game feel fluid but it leaves little incentive for trick jumps and the maps have some clear jumps intended to reward higher level play but clamber sort of makes the risk feel pointless. A slower animation on it would really encourage more interesting plays or so I feel.

7. Side kick changes the meta in a great way. Commando is a very smart addition makes significant changes but retains dna of multiple br alts of the past and is effectively the best iteration of the needle rifle and carbine to date with a nice amount of recoil and 20 rounds feels spot on.

8. The lack of player collision negatively impacts the fun factor as it removes that quintessential halo chaos.

9. The physics on grenades, rockets and particularly the gravham is the most underwhelming element in the game by far and really hurts the fun factor of the game. Especially with marketing all up on the phrase sandbox.

10. Finally is it just me or can you sit on a friendly grenade like its nothing? Not sure if i imagined this as I was solo queue all flight but I could have worn i pushed through my teammates nades a few times and that feels like it ruins coordination in a pretty major way.
    I can see why this and points 8 and 9 would be put in as part of the F2P design goals but surely mechanics that encourage team coordination is better than making it feel like 4 ethereal beings phasing through one another?
    If nade indicators for teammates is deemed necessary id take it over the detached feeling the games lends to sqauds in the flight.

I agree with you regarding some of the player/sandbox collision and physics. Some players have been able to adjust physics in custom games already, so perhaps this is just off for these flights, but could be changed in the future.

Honestly, a lot of these points you make I can get with, but they are minor griefs. My biggest red flag is the lack of progression system and way challenges take up that progression. It seems so archaic the way per match progression and player levels are omitted. I literally spent about $80 on Monster energy last fall for a bunch of 2xp, only to find out that it doesn’t seem to be usable with the way that progression is earned (If I use a 30 minute XP boost but am unable to earn any challenges while playing, it’s completely wasted, as their is no per match/performance XP).

To me, this screams that the higher ups are requiring the multiplayer to be built in a specific way to incentivize their monetary system. I’ve loved the flight so far, but the way it’s going, I would have much rather had to purchase a multiplayer with a more typical progression and XP system, than get this version of it.

> 2533274831621903;2:
> I agree with you regarding some of the player/sandbox collision and physics. Some players have been able to adjust physics in custom games already, so perhaps this is just off for these flights, but could be changed in the future.
>
> Honestly, a lot of these points you make I can get with, but they are minor griefs. My biggest red flag is the lack of progression system and way challenges take up that progression. It seems so archaic the way per match progression and player levels are omitted. I literally spent about $80 on Monster energy last fall for a bunch of 2xp, only to find out that it doesn’t seem to be usable with the way that progression is earned (If I use a 30 minute XP boost but am unable to earn any challenges while playing, it’s completely wasted, as their is no per match/performance XP).
>
> To me, this screams that the higher ups are requiring the multiplayer to be built in a specific way to incentivize their monetary system. I’ve loved the flight so far, but the way it’s going, I would have much rather had to purchase a multiplayer with a more typical progression and XP system, than get this version of it.

Ya I sort of let the progression out of this because I feel like the powers that be have requirements on how they want that to be.
But I agree whole heartedly its one of the most needlessly over thought systems ive seen.
I’m worried they don’t have enough content like gearsb5 so the xp system is artificially bloated and slowed down to hide it.
Time will tell