Infinite Console On Demand or Made to Order

Considering the console shortage due to Covid, and the potential scarcity of any potential Infinite themed Console, I think it’d be in most Halo fans’ interest, if it was either Made to order, or, made On Demand for a period of time where you could order it.

Meaning, we’d have a window of say, a month, to order our own exclusive Infinite Themed Console, and the orders we make would ensure that we get it.
And not be at the mercy of scalpers, store fronts which crash due to high traffic or a low amount made.

Edit:

And now we got to see an actual console, against all odds.
Sold out fast basically everywhere if I understood it correctly.

Ebay has them for around a thousand dollars, prices will probably go up as well.

Could we perhaps unite in this, and attempt getting Microsoft / i343 to make an “on demand” run for this console?

Considering the shortage going on, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was no Infinite themed console at all.

> 2670661386182421;2:
> Considering the shortage going on, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was no Infinite themed console at all.

This is a real risk, I suspect it will take over a year to really get us back to normal on supply for console internals.

> 2670661386182421;2:
> Considering the shortage going on, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was no Infinite themed console at all.

But shouldn’t the only difference be the plastic on the outside? It’s not like it needs a special Halo-themed CPU and GPU. Heck they could probably easily just take Series Xes that are already fully assembled and just swap the internals into different shells, if they need to.
If Infinite consoles end up being in very short supply and are scalped for even more absurd amounts, that would be frustrating for gamers but MS wouldn’t care

Knowing how bad the global shortage is, I don’t think there’s going to be any surplus of consoles, let alone special editions for at least another 2 years…

It is already tough to get a regular Series X. I couldn’t imagine how difficult it would be to get a special edition.

Hopefully by the time infinite is out for at least a year, maybe a window of at least a month as you mentioned for a special edition could be possible. Who knows, we will have to wait and see, I suppose.

> 2670661386182421;2:
> Considering the shortage going on, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was no Infinite themed console at all.

Henche the usage of “potential”.

If there is one, the ordering should be made so that they know how many are in demand, and that those who order get it.

> 2533274819029930;4:
> > 2670661386182421;2:
> > Considering the shortage going on, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was no Infinite themed console at all.
>
> But shouldn’t the only difference be the plastic on the outside? It’s not like it needs a special Halo-themed CPU and GPU. Heck they could probably easily just take Series Xes that are already fully assembled and just swap the internals into different shells, if they need to.
> If Infinite consoles end up being in very short supply and are scalped for even more absurd amounts, that would be frustrating for gamers but MS wouldn’t care

That would be something they could do, wouldn’t be difficult to update a few software things either if they want different sound. LEDs might be an issue if they want different colors on lightning.

Well, incase they’re going to make Infinite Consoles, let’s hope MS do care. Games Workshop has started to somewhat try to improve the scalping situation.

> 2533274903878267;5:
> Knowing how bad the global shortage is, I don’t think there’s going to be any surplus of consoles, let alone special editions for at least another 2 years…

Depends entirely on how they handle it.
Yes the shortage is bad as it is, but they could’ve planned ahead somewhat.
And, in either case, it’d give MS an exact figure on how many specials are required.

> 2533274993584694;6:
> It is already tough to get a regular Series X. I couldn’t imagine how difficult it would be to get a special edition.

Which is why it should be On Demand ordering.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there will be an Infinite Console (although I have been holding out for one too). I think there will be a number of custom Halo Infinite controllers though.

> 2533274795383780;9:
> Unfortunately, I don’t think there will be an Infinite Console (although I have been holding out for one too). I think there will be a number of custom Halo Infinite controllers though.

Indeed, but in the case that there is one, this is the way I’d like them to handle the purchases.

I’d buy in a heartbeat! (Even though I’ve got the Series X anyway) But sadly don’t see it happening, at the very least a year even 2!

> 2533274903878267;5:
> Knowing how bad the global shortage is, I don’t think there’s going to be any surplus of consoles, let alone special editions for at least another 2 years…

We might not see special edition consoles until the slim models are released…aha.

Motion carried. I, too, would love to see a themed console, but it’s extremely unlikely due to all of the aforementioned. Controllers on the other hand are probably going to very much be a thing, and in fact I hope so because I was on Reddit yesterday and someone was showing off their Halo 3 limited edition controller, and let’s just say that my jealousy was entirely too much.

Already made the decision if I can’t buy a Series X at a store I’ll have to pay extra and buy it off a scalper.

This is a great idea & one I’d be interested in! I would not mind a bit waiting for my order to be completed. I hope this idea takes!

Made In Order with The Game Because I Have The Series X

> 2533274795123910;1:
> Considering the console shortage due to Covid, and the potential scarcity of any potential Infinite themed Console, I think it’d be in most Halo fans’ interest, if it was either Made to order, or, made On Demand for a period of time where you could order it.
>
> Meaning, we’d have a window of say, a month, to order our own exclusive Infinite Themed Console, and the orders we make would ensure that we get it.
> And not be at the mercy of scalpers, store fronts which crash due to high traffic or a low amount made.

I couldn’t agree with you more. I am dying for a Halo Condole. Microsoft should take orders for them. This way it is guaranteed sale and they know they are getting their money.

Great Idea, I hope Microsoft is reading this post. Lol.

I honestly doubt there’s gonna be a themed console.

> 2535469888311475;18:
> I honestly doubt there’s gonna be a themed console.

Buut, as in the OP, if there is, that’s how I’d like them to handle orders.

It doesn’t matter if they take orders or if they just sell them usual at retail, there is a limited quantity to what they can produce. The turn around for chip manufacturing is upwards of 14 months, so I highly doubt they are coming from the factory any time soon. Someone mentioned the only way they would be able to create a themed console would be to set aside existing supply and swap out the exteriors which is already an issue. MS would need an extra reserve of consoles lying around somewhere which I find hard to believe considering how retailers are all fighting each other for stock. The only way to fight off scalpers would be for retailers to require a credit check of some kind. For those living in the States the easiest way to pick up a console without paying scalper prices is too opt for Xbox All Access which is a payment plan for the console and 2 years of Games Pass ultimate. This option is almost always in stock at major retailers for at least a few days, because they run a credit check to approve what is essentially a loan. An approval process on who can buy what at X quantities would stave off scalping.