Infinite Campaign Theory

TLDR: Halo Infinite is divided into Acts which are sections of the campaign which will play very similarly to HCE, H2, etc.

I’ve been thinking about why this game is called Halo Infinite, and the idea of the mobius strip came to mind.

A mobius strip is essentially a 3D surface with only one side. You may ask what significance does this have, well a mobius strip is basically a 3D version of the Infinity symbol :infinity:. Story wise, I believe we will keep moving forward but eventually end up in the same spot we started, as if we are traveling across the surface of a mobius strip.

What does this all mean?

The pilot of E216 finds Chief floating in space and the two of them are almost immediately located by one of Cortana’s Guardians. They then fly to a nearby Halo ring to evade the threat. Stranded, the two set off to explore the ring in order to find a way off and eventually back to Earth.

After some exploration Chief discovers the Ring’s Cartographer and learns the location of the Ring’s Control Room and the presence of a Flood containment facility. He begins to fear that the Brutes might be plotting to unleash the flood once again.

Master Chief finds himself face to face with a high ranking Brute named Hyperius. The Chief challenges him in an effort to stop the flood from being set free. Hyperius incapacitates the Chief and continues on his way.

When Chief wakes up he finds that the Ring has started to break up and he must go to the Control Room to figure out what is going on. He encounters a monitor there and learns that the Brutes have activated the Ring and that the Flood are being sent to Earth. He is also informed that he must go to the Flood Containment Facility to retrieve an important asset. (The containment facility lies on part of the ring that is currently disintegrating).

Arriving at the facility Chief finds himself reunited with Cortana. He is skeptical at first but as we know Cortana set out to protect humanity from itself at the end of H5G. The two join up and find themselves navigating through the disintegrating ring, on their way to a Guardian which will take them to Earth…

This is the end of Act 1

So in essence we find ourselves replaying Halo CE in the events following Halo 5, then we go to Earth ala Halo 2…

I don’t dislike this idea. They would just have to be very careful to not completely lose the player with too much unexplained stuff going on, but having both the player and the player character a bit confused as to what’s going on can be a great storytelling tool if used sparingly.

> 2533274883561809;2:
> I don’t dislike this idea. They would just have to be very careful to not completely lose the player with too much unexplained stuff going on, but having both the player and the player character a bit confused as to what’s going on can be a great storytelling tool if used sparingly.

I would imagine if my theory was true there would be a few more details along the way. As much as possible I tried to refrain from writing a novel.

That being said I think it would be really cool if the campaign did mirror the existing Halo storyline.