Infinite Campaign - Play Anywhere

I’ve read that the Halo Infinite campaign supports xbox play anywhere (the game in the xbox pc app also has the XPA logo). I’ve purchased the game on disc for the xbox, but even after installing it and signing in with my live account, the PC is telling me I need to buy it again when I select campaign from the menu.

Anyone else having this issue?

From the Xbox Support site:

• Customers are unable to download or install Halo Infinite (Campaign) on PC devices.
    • Customers should uninstall and then reinstall the HD texture pack. Afterwards, try launching the game.
    • If the issue still persists, un-install and re-install the full game.

There’s another thread on here (can’t remember the title) and the notes above was one of the solutions.

The other was to go to Windows settings, then Repair and Reset both Halo Infinite and Gaming Services apps.

Oh, and last resort, good old uninstall and re-install.

Edit: spelling

Isn’t play anywhere just for digital games and not disc?

1 Like

Ha ha! Went over to the Xbox website and searched ‘Play Anywhere’ and lo and behold:

Purchase an Xbox Play Anywhere digital game, play it on Xbox and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost.’

1 Like

When you get it working just be really careful not to sign in to two devices at the same time same account - you can easily lose your campaign progress to a vanished or corrupt save.