---INFECTION---

You enter a Halo 4 lobby of 16 players (or more if the game can handle it). Game type? Infection.

You enter the game, but instead being green, you are infected with the Flood. You have no energy sword, but a over-grown arm used the same way. You dont evade like in Reach, but jump very high and far, like Flood Combat Forms. When you die from a Infected, you countdown normally, but the camera stays view of your body while its being infected. You then respawn as a infected Flood the same spot you died on, and you have a banshee-like scream when awoken that stuns any humans trying to spawn-camp for 5 seconds.

The game will start with 3 Flood combat forms, and the rest Spartans (or forerunners)

How does this sound for a new Infection game type?

I like the fact that you would spawn (come back to life) where you die. That will prevent camping… It would make the game more acctive. Instead of waiting for the zombie to come. I think for the spawning thing it would be a lot better if the zombie has like 2 lifes. 1st life to spawn with and the 2nd life to come back to life where you died. After that then you accually respawn.

> I like the fact that you would spawn (come back to life) where you die. That will prevent camping… It would make the game more acctive. Instead of waiting for the zombie to come. I think for the spawning thing it would be a lot better if the zombie has like 2 lifes. 1st life to spawn with and the 2nd life to come back to life where you died. After that then you accually respawn.

thats a good idea, since the Flood sometimes do come back when you kill them.

> You enter a Halo 4 lobby of 16 players (or more if the game can handle it). Game type? Infection.
>
> You enter the game, but instead being green, you are infected with the Flood. You have no energy sword, but a over-grown arm used the same way. You dont evade like in Reach, but jump very high and far, like Flood Combat Forms. When you die from a Infected, you countdown normally, but the camera stays view of your body while its being infected. You then respawn as a infected Flood the same spot you died on, and you have a banshee-like scream when awoken that stuns any humans trying to spawn-camp for 5 seconds.
>
>
> The game will start with 3 Flood combat forms, and the rest Spartans (or forerunners)
>
>
> How does this sound for a new Infection game type?

Not bad, but why wouldn’t you have and energy sword? I’ve seen flood carrying the energy sword before. I don’t think the spawing where you get infected is a good idea though. But otherwise not bad. Just not full blown flood infected spartans, Still with spartan armor showing a lot, but with flood spores and flood stuff covering them. I don’t really know how to paint that picture just trying to describe it

> > You enter a Halo 4 lobby of 16 players (or more if the game can handle it). Game type? Infection.
> >
> > You enter the game, but instead being green, you are infected with the Flood. You have no energy sword, but a over-grown arm used the same way. You dont evade like in Reach, but jump very high and far, like Flood Combat Forms. When you die from a Infected, you countdown normally, but the camera stays view of your body while its being infected. You then respawn as a infected Flood the same spot you died on, and you have a banshee-like scream when awoken that stuns any humans trying to spawn-camp for 5 seconds.
> >
> >
> > The game will start with 3 Flood combat forms, and the rest Spartans (or forerunners)
> >
> >
> > How does this sound for a new Infection game type?
>
> Not bad, but why wouldn’t you have and energy sword? I’ve seen flood carrying the energy sword before. I don’t think the spawing where you get infected is a good idea though. But otherwise not bad. Just not full blown flood infected spartans, Still with spartan armor showing a lot, but with flood spores and flood stuff covering them. I don’t really know how to paint that picture just trying to describe it

I think the weapon system for the flood should work like this. All flood spawn with no weapons but they can easily use any weapon but in order to make the spartan a flood they have to touch them after they are dead. Something like that :slight_smile:

I’ve actually always wanted this, though I had never thought of them respawning where they died, that is an idea I really like as it promotes map movement rather than camping.

I would only support this idea if you could switch it off in the options. Infection can be used for much more than the typical “Zombies” idea. It’s a very useful gametype that shouldn’t be limited by player model.

I’d support it if and only if it is a) configurable, and b) the Flood effect can be disabled in the Custom Game options. Some people might prefer the classic way of showing Zombie status, and some gametypes, maps, and experiences may depend on a lack of the Flood aesthetic.