INFECTION

Will there be any infection game mode in infinite. It was nice in Halo 5 with the diversity of modes like alpha zombies,Brains and contingency. Will it. Be there on launch??? These bugged me in Halo 5 but I hope they have a good zombies mode in infinite or we might start having some problems 343.

I am hoping that on release the game will have at least Action Sack, Infection, SWAT, Team Objective, Big Team Battle, Team Slayer, and Free-for-all. Gamemodes will be added and taken away over the years, but as long as they have these, which is pretty much something for everyone to play, it will do just fine I reckon.

I like how you threatened them at the end lmao. But I am willing to bet there will be an infection game mode in Infinite.

I have no doubt game modes like infection, grifball, and other action sack type modest will be there. Not all of them may be there right at launch because they might want to do a rotating thing(unless they just have a general action sack playlist) but I think definitely within the first week or two. I would also expect them to eventually have a community game mode playlist to highlight different community forge maps and modes once people have had enough time to create new stuff from Infinite’s forge mode.

If they would add the flood in campaign, that would be nice too. I know some people don’t like the infection forms from halo 4 and halo 2 anniversary, but I like them.

> 2535430272250617;5:
> If they would add the flood in campaign, that would be nice too. I know some people don’t like the infection forms from halo 4 and halo 2 anniversary, but I like them.

They looked good but played like garbage.

And even if something looks great but plays trash, it’s still trash.

I mean zombies were way too OP and humans only survived if they were all in the exact same location with only one way to enter- if a zombie came near you would hear fireworks and that’s only on volume 5.

> 2535469655380581;6:
> > 2535430272250617;5:
> > If they would add the flood in campaign, that would be nice too. I know some people don’t like the infection forms from halo 4 and halo 2 anniversary, but I like them.
>
> They looked good but played like garbage.
>
> And even if something looks great but plays trash, it’s still trash.
>
> I mean zombies were way too OP and humans only survived if they were all in the exact same location with only one way to enter- if a zombie came near you would hear fireworks and that’s only on volume 5.

I agree. The infection mode in halo 2 anniversary was perfect for me. They didnt have slide or boost which made it harder for me to aim. At least that how I remember the game mode. I’m not saying they should disable the advance movement as a whole, but to nerf it in the infection game mode or something

> 2535430272250617;7:
> > 2535469655380581;6:
> > > 2535430272250617;5:
> > > If they would add the flood in campaign, that would be nice too. I know some people don’t like the infection forms from halo 4 and halo 2 anniversary, but I like them.
> >
> > They looked good but played like garbage.
> >
> > And even if something looks great but plays trash, it’s still trash.
> >
> > I mean zombies were way too OP and humans only survived if they were all in the exact same location with only one way to enter- if a zombie came near you would hear fireworks and that’s only on volume 5.
>
> I agree. The infection mode in halo 2 anniversary was perfect for me. They didnt have slide or boost which made it harder for me to aim. At least that how I remember the game mode. I’m not saying they should disable the advance movement as a whole, but to nerf it in the infection game mode or something

Right-But there are 10 non-infected players with 12 ammo in their pistols after they die, so in theory you could be last man standing and have (12*9=96) 96 spare ammo and one shot-headshot everyone to get 108 points-all in one round.

I enjoyed flood with the infection varient. It made perfect sense. I just hope they make them alot more flood like comparing it to Halo 3 vs Halo 5. To me the flood variants you played as in the newer games looked more like underwater creatures that grew legs and belonged to the pirates of the carribean saga more so then they did to the actual flood.

I would like to see a single-player (up to 4 ppl) survival version of infection where it is basically zombies from call of duty. I think that could fit very well.

I’m hoping the mode comes with a lot more customization options, to give players more freedom when creating fun mini-games that use Infection as a base.
Also, I’m a fan of the custom models for the infected, but it would be nice to be able to toggle them on and off.

> 2533274810945725;11:
> I’m hoping the mode comes with a lot more customization options, to give players more freedom when creating fun mini-games that use Infection as a base.
> Also, I’m a fan of the custom models for the infected, but it would be nice to be able to toggle them on and off.

Yeah, Halo 4 meant no duck hunt as zombies couldn’t hold any weapons.

I hope they do have infection at launch and that they keep the contingency gametype or something similar because it added more meaning to infection other than find a corner and camp by adding a sort of objective thing or they could add a sort of gametype which would be completing objectives like Halo Reach invasion to destroy a hive or something of that sort so kinda like Dead space 2 multiplayer

> 2535447291443771;13:
> I hope they do have infection at launch and that they keep the contingency gametype or something similar because it added more meaning to infection other than find a corner and camp by adding a sort of objective thing or they could add a sort of gametype which would be completing objectives like Halo Reach invasion to destroy a hive or something of that sort so kinda like Dead space 2 multiplayer

Yeah I hope they will keep somthing like Contingency, it was a wonderfull improvement !

> 2535436152010337;14:
> > 2535447291443771;13:
> > I hope they do have infection at launch and that they keep the contingency gametype or something similar because it added more meaning to infection other than find a corner and camp by adding a sort of objective thing or they could add a sort of gametype which would be completing objectives like Halo Reach invasion to destroy a hive or something of that sort so kinda like Dead space 2 multiplayer
>
> Yeah I hope they will keep somthing like Contingency, it was a wonderfull improvement !

Yea, but you could camp in the worst of places-on Coastal Highway right next to the opening of the tunnel is where many people camp. One every single person was there, giving me the “Ravager” medal.

I really liked the objective-based infection H5 introduced. On the other hand, I’m also quite fond of most infection modes on MCC (except Reach zombies, that’s not really my cup of tea). Infection matchmaking offering about 50/50 matches split in these two categories would be ideal for me.

> 2535469655380581;15:
> > 2535436152010337;14:
> > > 2535447291443771;13:
> > > I hope they do have infection at launch and that they keep the contingency gametype or something similar because it added more meaning to infection other than find a corner and camp by adding a sort of objective thing or they could add a sort of gametype which would be completing objectives like Halo Reach invasion to destroy a hive or something of that sort so kinda like Dead space 2 multiplayer
> >
> > Yeah I hope they will keep somthing like Contingency, it was a wonderfull improvement !
>
> Yea, but you could camp in the worst of places-on Coastal Highway right next to the opening of the tunnel is where many people camp. One every single person was there, giving me the “Ravager” medal.

As for this issue, I’m hoping that gamebreaking exploits will swiftly get countered with the placement of a 10 second death barrier. I know I run the risk of being a hypocrite, as it’s sometimes fun to actively seek those spots out, but it gets a bit stale when it happens game after game. Active support post-launch will help solve this issue, and keep the playlist healthier in the long run.

> 2533274826620064;16:
> I really liked the objective-based infection H5 introduced. On the other hand, I’m also quite fond of most infection modes on MCC (except Reach zombies, that’s not really my cup of tea). Infection matchmaking offering about 50/50 matches split in these two categories would be ideal for me.
>
>
> > 2535469655380581;15:
> > > 2535436152010337;14:
> > > > 2535447291443771;13:
> > > > I hope they do have infection at launch and that they keep the contingency gametype or something similar because it added more meaning to infection other than find a corner and camp by adding a sort of objective thing or they could add a sort of gametype which would be completing objectives like Halo Reach invasion to destroy a hive or something of that sort so kinda like Dead space 2 multiplayer
> > >
> > > Yeah I hope they will keep somthing like Contingency, it was a wonderfull improvement !
> >
> > Yea, but you could camp in the worst of places-on Coastal Highway right next to the opening of the tunnel is where many people camp. One every single person was there, giving me the “Ravager” medal.
>
> As for this issue, I’m hoping that gamebreaking exploits will swiftly get countered with the placement of a 10 second death barrier. I know I run the risk of being a hypocrite, as it’s sometimes fun to actively seek those spots out, but it gets a bit stale when it happens game after game. Active support post-launch will help solve this issue, and keep the playlist healthier in the long run.

Will be happy with glitch spots or hidden weapons as until some smart–Yoink- YouTuber leaks and gets all the three year olds from apex to make a -Yoink!- circle

I think a standard Infection mode would be fine but it be nice if they added in a survival mode where the ring was covered with Flood or maybe a Left 4 Dead style with player special infected.