INFECTION

WHAT THERE IS NO INFECTION?!? HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE THAT GAMETYPE

Apparently two months isn’t long enough for them to address it.

it’ll be here in the future im sure. They are just putting all there focus on other stuff atm. They want to make sure the stuff they promised with this update and the last work right.

Halo games die fairly quickly post Halo 3. I hated 343’s formula of releasing content that shipped with previous games, but I appreciate it now. Keeps the game alive with all these FPS games constantly coming out. & Gives different players (casuals, tryhards, etc) reasons to come back

My guess is that they’re planning to reveal old familiar game types as bundled “packages”.

Maybe there will be an Infection pack, with the game type, all new blocks, effects, etc.

Then, maybe later, they’ll release a “Sports Pack” with Grifball, Ricochet, etc.

It seems to be the way 343 is approaching the dev cycle process…similar to what Bungie and Activision did with Destiny:
Make a nearly complete game, then ship a bare-bones version, then slowly trickle in “New Content” (which was actually probably content that was already dialed in before launch) and then promote it like it’s all new and exciting.

Since the plan is for all “Free DLC”, then this would make sense.

> 2533274873814073;4:
> Halo games die fairly quickly post Halo 3. I hated 343’s formula of releasing content that shipped with previous games, but I appreciate it now. Keeps the game alive with all these FPS games constantly coming out. & Gives different players (casuals, tryhards, etc) reasons to come back

thats a stupid reason to hold infection back, theyre taking advantage of the customers because they know what the fans really want. oh well plenty of time to practice in forge, but infection better have amazing custom options otherwise it will feel like a kick in the face.

Why not make a custom verison of this.

I can see forge not being a game mode on match making yet because there have been lack of maps catered to the gametype. However I am disappointed that they didn’t add the gametype to custom games/forge so people can begin creating maps to support said gametype.