Infection or Flood?

> I’m happy I got the Flood gametype I asked for but in the end was also disapointed by customization.
> MM games are fun(only Hivemind) but customs seem to be lacking with creative mini-games.
>
> If you guys like Classic infection-there was a moded Flood Game type that made the Flood Into humans and could have weapons changed.
>
> If we could get that back to being popular we might just get it into MM to replace basic Flood.

I have that gametype, and will put it in my fileshare ASAP for those looking to download. As a side note I was also able to recreate Speed Halo due to this mod, so I’ll upload that with the mod too.

> Sorry that an option that should be in, isn’t. This is not Flood’s fault. That is 343i’s.

  1. I am not blaming the flood. I simply dislike it.

> Why in the world would you want the zombies to not look like zombies? Plus, it’s been asked for since Halo 3 first introduced Infection.

  1. Because there are gametypes where the “infected” aren’t supposed to be zombies. An example of this would be cops and robbers. Have you every played the Jaws gametype? Infected are sharks and are given a blue color to blend in with water. Also, people from Halo 3 never said: “We want the infected to look like zombies, <mark>even if it means losing 50% of customizable options</mark>!” Also, the sound that the zombies make are really annoying. Try playing a jail map with 11 flood all huddled together, it sounds like a bunch of people using lube and doing their business nonstop.

> The Flood HUD? Firstly, you do know that you can take it off, right? Secondly, harder to see? LMFAO! You have clearly never played a dark map as a Flood. The Flood’s HUD brightens the maps, not make it darker.

  1. If the Flood hud also adds a monotonic color yellowish filter. The colors are more monotonic. They may be bright, but they don’t stand out as much.

> Once again, another option that should be in Customs, but isn’t. Also, Hivemind does not have your Spartans with forced colors, so problem solved there.

  1. That option is very simple. It should have been a default option in the default gametype. It shouldn’t have taken this long to add that.

> [sarcasm]With that highlighted in mind, let’s get rid of all the aliens in Halo. I mean, who wants aliens to look like aliens. They should look like humans also. Heck, the Covenant vehicles? The Ghost, for example, should not be a floating car thingy, it should be a jeep. Aliens are aliens, and zombies are zombies. How stupid. You’re completely right.[/sarcasm]

  1. Gameplay } Graphics

If you want zombies that look like zombies, go ahead. This might surprise you, but many infection gametypes aren’t used for zombie vs human. GASP! Ever play cops and robbers? The cop should look like a blue spartan, not a zombie.

Have you ever played the infection gametype, speed Halo? It’s a bunch of humans on mongoose that are trying to kill the sniper. They are all humans, so they shouldn’t look like flood. Just because the gametype is called infection, it doesn’t mean that it’s only limited to zombies vs humans.

Your arguments are invalid.

> 5. Gameplay } Graphics
>
> If you want zombies that look like zombies, go ahead. This might surprise you, but many infection gametypes aren’t used for zombie vs human. GASP! Ever play cops and robbers? The cop should look like a blue spartan, not a zombie.
>
> Have you ever played the infection gametype, speed Halo? It’s a bunch of humans on mongoose that are trying to kill the sniper. They are all humans, so they shouldn’t look like flood. Just because the gametype is called infection, it doesn’t mean that it’s only limited to zombies vs humans.
>
> Your arguments are invalid.

So your argument for not having Flood exist is so Cops and Robbers, Jaws, and Speed Halo (yes, I’ve played them, even in Halo 4) can exist logically? 90% of the time I played Infection/Flood, it was because I wanted to play Zombies. The gametype was designed with Zombies in mind, so of course Zombies are going to be in it.

Hivemind, or rather Infection in general, has highly benefited with the zombies being actual zombies. It adds so much to the atmosphere, which makes Gameplay feel (and play maybe?) better.

Should there be an option where the Flood skin can be disabled so a Cop or a guy driving a Mongoose don’t look like zombies? Sure, I’m fine with that. But getting rid of the Flood skin entirely (after finally getting it after 5 years of asking for it) just because of some custom gametypes is just wrong.

Despite everything, I’m quite happy with Flood (when I play, anyway). Could do without the forced color on the Survivors, though. Bright, obnoxious, easier to see… and Jesus, such an ugly, snotty shade of green.

> So your argument for not having Flood exist is so Cops and Robbers, Jaws, and Speed Halo (yes, I’ve played them, even in Halo 4) can exist logically? 90% of the time I played Infection/Flood, it was because I wanted to play Zombies. The gametype was designed with Zombies in mind, so of course Zombies are going to be in it.
>
> Hivemind, or rather Infection in general, has highly benefited with the zombies being actual zombies. It adds so much to the atmosphere, which makes Gameplay feel (and play maybe?) better.
>
>
> Should there be an option where the Flood skin can be disabled so a Cop or a guy driving a Mongoose don’t look like zombies? Sure, I’m fine with that. But getting rid of the Flood skin entirely (after finally getting it after 5 years of asking for it) just because of some custom gametypes is just wrong.

All 343i had to do, was take regular infection and add a flood option to appearances.

But they didn’t. What I’m upset about is that, while they did add the flood skin, they remove a WHOLE bunch of options in the process.

Hence why I said, I prefer customizability over looking like flood.

My friends used to joke about this: “Halo 4 infection sucks, we could barely customize anything. Hey, at least we look like zombies!”

Well, if we were to take infection, and add a flood skin in the options, we’d get the best of both worlds. But until then, I prefer infection.