Infection or Flood?

Ok, the Halo 4 flood gametype is pretty neat. The infected finally look like zombies, but at what cost?

There are so many options that the flood game-type lacks, and it ruins a lot of things.

1. You can’t give the infected weapons. This prevents many infection gametypes, which were playable in the previous games, from working in Halo 4. A few examples would be Jenga, where the infected has a gravity hammer, and cops and robbers.

2. You can’t take the flood skin off the infected. Personally, I hate playing with flood. The constant sounds that they make are annoying. Also, it’s much harder to sneak up on humans and kill them when you are making loud sounds. I also dislike the flood visor. In some custom maps, the filter can make things much harder to see, and I prefer the normal array of colors.

3. You can’t remove the forced color on spartans, nor can you add a specific forced color on the infected and the living. As a spartan, I prefer playing with my own colors. At least let me do this on my custom games. The infected should also be allowed to be given specific colors to signify different things or to blend in with a specific map.

343i, the flood gametype is neat. However, I’d much rather have zombies that don’t look like zombies, but am able to customize almost every aspect of the game, than to have infected which look like flood but have almost no customization in game.

I like both gametypes.

I find flood more balance then infection. For the first time I don’t mined being the flood. Although I don’t like the strict colors, if anything I want a dark green over lime color green. But yeah the options aren’t that great.

Why can’t we have both gametypes?

This is were Hivemind comes in. Colors are used, and it is easier to sneak up on the survivors. I got a final kill assassination on one game because the player was busy holding off my team from the front.
As for the rest, I really do not mind.

> I like both gametypes.
>
> I find flood more balance then infection. For the first time I don’t mined being the flood. Although I don’t like the strict colors, if anything I want a dark green over lime color green. But yeah the options aren’t that great.
>
> Why can’t we have both gametypes?

I was talking about the gametype itself, rather than the MM versions. Halo 4 flood is more balanced in MM, but I’m talking about the gametype and its options as a whole.

Reach’s infection could easily be balanced by giving the infected shields, which is possible in the options.

However, you could barely tweak any of the options in flood.

If you were to take Infection and add the flood skin as an option in the traits, then you would have everything from both gametypes. What I’m saying is that the options of Infection, are a lot more customizable than the options in flood. This is a basic gameplay vs graphics scenario.

I’d much rather have the option to tweak gameplay and ascetics (infection), than just ascetics (flood).

> This is were Hivemind comes in. Colors are used, and it is easier to sneak up on the survivors. I got a final kill assassination on one game because the player was busy holding off my team from the front.
> As for the rest, I really do not mind.

You still can’t give flood weapons.

You still can’t force change colors of humans or the infected.

While this may not bother you, it bothers me and a bunch of other people who love playing un-traditional custom games.

Also, I can’t stand repetitive noise. The flood sounds annoy me a lot, which is why I don’t play much of Halo 4’s flood. Also, I’m pretty sure it’s harder to play as flood if you’re colorblind due to the filter.

Personally, I prefer classic infection, mainly for the fact that you could customise it a lot more than the ‘Flood’ gametype.

Seriously though, why couldn’t 343i just mix the two?

The ‘Flood’ gametype is good in concept, but because of the way it was implemented, it is, shall we say, lacking.

The classic ‘Infection’ gametype was best for customs. It could be changed to fit the creator’s wants. However, for those who wanted a infected look for the zombies, they were found wanting.

By mixing the two, we would get the best of both! Custom options would allow for ‘normal or flood’ look for the infected, along with custom options as a whole returning. We could change the weapons of the infected like before.

Now this is just an idea of course, and not a very well thought one at that, but it’s a start I suppose.

Both. Why should we chose between one thing versus the other? Both is better. More, not less.

I don’t like anything about Flood. The Flood skin is ugly (and I never asked for it), the stupid HUD effect is distracting, and there is no customization. I definitely prefer Infection and I don’t know what 343i was thinking when they butchered it.

We asked for a Flood player model for Infection, and 343 gave it to us. What they neglected to mention, and lied about a couple times, was that they removed a bunch of options and didn’t add anything else new to the gametype.

Why 343i, why?

Flood would be fine if they gave us the options to do what they want, but they didn’t.

And I have no idea why.

I’m going to blame dead-lines, unlikely it was budget, and I would like to think it wasn’t because they were too lazy, but we will never know the true reason.

Guess we are going to have to wait until Halo 5, because they seem to be doing nothing about the issue.

Both

Strictly looking from a playlist population point of view, we can instantly tell that most people preferred infection to flood. Why? Because the playlist was literally the most played playlist a few months before Halo 4 came out and leading up until its release. There were 10,000+ on that playlist at peak hours even though it was over a year following the release of Halo: Reach.

Sure they gave us cool flood models… but they took away everything else that made it the magic playlist. Zombies are now so overpowered it is nearly impossible to win as a survivor. A new and improved lunge that is so fast that zombies literally move faster than you can turn AND a shield? The magnum’s purpose is now pretty much destroyed, should have just replaced it with a DMR considering the decided to change the playlist so much.

Infection and BTB objectives was all I wanted to play in Halo: Reach, and when Halo 4 came out one didn’t exist and the other had changed for the worse :confused:

> it is nearly impossible to win as a survivor

That means it actually takes skill to get a clever. Not some Halo reach pistol camping.
99% of people who prefer infection are just criers mad that they cant camp with a pistol all day long.

I’m happy I got the Flood gametype I asked for but in the end was also disapointed by customization.
MM games are fun(only Hivemind) but customs seem to be lacking with creative mini-games.

If you guys like Classic infection-there was a moded Flood Game type that made the Flood Into humans and could have weapons changed.

If we could get that back to being popular we might just get it into MM to replace basic Flood.

Wheres your third vote, both?

> Wheres your third vote, both?

> > it is nearly impossible to win as a survivor
>
> That means it actually takes skill to get a clever. Not some Halo reach pistol camping.
> 99% of people who prefer infection are just criers mad that they cant camp with a pistol all day long.

I wouldn’t say that. Some people, myself included, prefered infection because of the customising you could do. Some of the custom gametypes I’ve seen look amazing, but unfortunately can’t be replicated in the ‘Flood’ gametype.

I didn’t like that pistol camping. It might of not been so bad if the pistols couldn’t be scoped, but I digress.

I prefer Infection. I don’t mind Flood, the problem is you can’t use any other weapon than the sword which really limits your custom game options. If Flood could be more customizable, I wouldn’t care either way.

> 1. You can’t give the infected weapons. This prevents many infection gametypes, which were playable in the previous games, from working in Halo 4. A few examples would be Jenga, where the infected has a gravity hammer, and cops and robbers.

Sorry that an option that should be in, isn’t. This is not Flood’s fault. That is 343i’s.

> 2. You can’t take the flood skin off the infected. Personally, I hate playing with flood. The constant sounds that they make are annoying. Also, it’s much harder to sneak up on humans and kill them when you are making loud sounds. I also dislike the flood visor. In some custom maps, the filter can make things much harder to see, and I prefer the normal array of colors.

Why in the world would you want the zombies to not look like zombies? Plus, it’s been asked for since Halo 3 first introduced Infection.

The Flood HUD? Firstly, you do know that you can take it off, right? Secondly, harder to see? LMFAO! You have clearly never played a dark map as a Flood. The Flood’s HUD brightens the maps, not make it darker.

> 3. You can’t remove the forced color on spartans, nor can you add a specific forced color on the infected and the living. As a spartan, I prefer playing with my own colors. At least let me do this on my custom games. The infected should also be allowed to be given specific colors to signify different things or to blend in with a specific map.

Once again, another option that should be in Customs, but isn’t. Also, Hivemind does not have your Spartans with forced colors, so problem solved there.

> 343i, the flood gametype is neat. <mark>However, I’d much rather have zombies that don’t look like zombies</mark>, but am able to customize almost every aspect of the game, than to have infected which look like flood but have almost no customization in game.

[sarcasm]With that highlighted in mind, let’s get rid of all the aliens in Halo. I mean, who wants aliens to look like aliens. They should look like humans also. Heck, the Covenant vehicles? The Ghost, for example, should not be a floating car thingy, it should be a jeep. Aliens are aliens, and zombies are zombies. How stupid. You’re completely right.[/sarcasm]

Infection