Infection not as good as it could have been.

While this topic is subjective I feel that after waiting 7 months for infection its not as good as it should be.

1.) The Dev maps are garbage please remove them and replace them with forge maps. I don’t like the maps anyway but even if I did they don’t go well with infection. The Flow isn’t right and there are too many spots for the humans to camp where the zombies can only come from one way. There are a lot of halo reach maps that have been remade that played so well in infection why not add those?

2.) Halo 5s infection mode sucks. Now some may really like the mode but I feel like its one of those games where your friend invites you and says “check out this really fun infection mod I just made”.

1. The alpha zombies have active camo. Although you can still see them its easy enough to pass right by them with out noticing.
  2. The alpha zombies don’t show up on radar. This adds more to humans camping.
  3. Power weapon on the maps.
  4. Humans spawn with an AR. While I understand the reason behind it, its still super annoying
  5. Humans can pick up ammo and weapon; Now this one I don’t mind as much but with all the weapons on map it makes it super annoying.
  6. ADS. Really, really? Would it really be that hard to add a option that lets you turn it off? I mean its the only Spartan ability you can’t do it too.

3.) Why can’t we have more game modes besides halo 5’s infection? Like these.

1. Infection: Zombies have Thrust and can’t sprint. Humans have shotgun/pistol and can’t sprint.
  2. Normal Alpha Infection: Alphas can thrust/sprint, normal zombies can’t use use thruster and are alittle slower the alpha. Humans have everything and shotgun and pistol only.

4.) Infection affects your Win/Lose. While this doesn’t matter to some it does matter to others. You have to come in first place to get a win. While even in reach it was like this it didn’t matter like it does in halo 5. Imagine this you have a 50 or 60% win/lose and after a few weeks of playing infection it drops down to lets say 39%. Now say you are in a company and they see this so they kick you out of it. You are trying to join a company but they see you have a 39% W/L ratio and they don’t want you to join because they think you are bad.

1. Make social have a different win/lose from your ranked win/lose
  2. Leaving a social game or lagging out should not get you banned from all of arena.
    -both of these affect all of social not just infection.

5.) Some users have been complaining about missing custom game features.

I’ll add to this list if I notice anything else after I play a little more. While these may seem like little issues to some think about this if you have a dam and you notice some cracks they are just little issues right? Well after awhile those cracks start to make a whole and that’s a big problem.

I’ll say this its better then halo 4’s flood mode. Although still I would just rather play Halo MCC or halo reach’s infection.

Then don’t play it.

> 2533274853708097;2:
> Then don’t play it.

Oh so the users aren’t allowed to give criticism as an attempt to improve a dying game that is losing population everyday to better games? If you are not going to give a constructive reply then don’t comment.

> 2533274853708097;2:
> Then don’t play it.

Well. How non-constructive of you. Obviously the OP created this thread because they enjoy playing infection and want it to be tne best it could possibly be. Noting the isues and suggesting possible fixes is a way of saying “this gametype needs improvement and heres why.” Don’t discourage people from playing Infection (or any other gametype for that matter) if they are merely trying to argue for the refinement of the gametype’s features.

Yeah I agree, I really wish we had pistols to start with. I played Halo Reach only for the infection. I loved the thrill of having 10 zombies chasing you down with only a pistol and a shotgun to survive. It was amazing to get overkills and running riots. Now I just die a whole bunch and get very few kills.

Played 1 match, and ummm yeah, back to BTB, where the big boys play.

I love it. Just like everything else in the game except the campaign. That’s unfortunate for you guys

I think this is hands down the best infection mode yet. If 343 does one thing well its balance, also those maps are pretty good.

As for the people that want magnum starts… Haha… you should have seen what happened when I picked one up with only 1 mag.

Reach Living Dead > Halo 5 Infection

'nuff said

Infection is so much fun! I have to be honest I felt it was really well done.

Though I don’t see any harm in saying they could add a few things. Remember just because it dosn’t have everything dosn’t mean it sucks.

Personally I didn’t find the mode much fun and wonder what all the clamour for it was. Each to their own. I’m back off to warzone.

> 2533274899748630;1:
> While this topic is subjective I feel that after waiting 7 months for infection its not as good as it should be.
>
> 1.) The Dev maps are garbage please remove them and replace them with forge maps. I don’t like the maps anyway but even if I did they don’t go well with infection. The Flow isn’t right and there are too many spots for the humans to camp where the zombies can only come from one way. There are a lot of halo reach maps that have been remade that played so well in infection why not add those?
>
> 2.) Halo 5s infection mode sucks. Now some may really like the mode but I feel like its one of those games where your friend invites you and says “check out this really fun infection mod I just made”.
> 1. The alpha zombies have active camo. Although you can still see them its easy enough to pass right by them with out noticing.
> 2. The alpha zombies don’t show up on radar. This adds more to humans camping.
> 3. Power weapon on the maps.
> 4. Humans spawn with an AR. While I understand the reason behind it, its still super annoying
> 5. Humans can pick up ammo and weapon; Now this one I don’t mind as much but with all the weapons on map it makes it super annoying.
> 6. ADS. Really, really? Would it really be that hard to add a option that lets you turn it off? I mean its the only Spartan ability you can’t do it too.
>
> 3.) Why can’t we have more game modes besides halo 5’s infection? Like these.
> 1. Infection: Zombies have Thrust and can’t sprint. Humans have shotgun/pistol and can’t sprint.
> 2. Normal Alpha Infection: Alphas can thrust/sprint, normal zombies can’t use use thruster and are alittle slower the alpha. Humans have everything and shotgun and pistol only.
>
> 4.) Infection affects your Win/Lose. While this doesn’t matter to some it does matter to others. You have to come in first place to get a win. While even in reach it was like this it didn’t matter like it does in halo 5. Imagine this you have a 50 or 60% win/lose and after a few weeks of playing infection it drops down to lets say 39%. Now say you are in a company and they see this so they kick you out of it. You are trying to join a company but they see you have a 39% W/L ratio and they don’t want you to join because they think you are bad.
> 1. Make social have a different win/lose from your ranked win/lose
> 2. Leaving a social game or lagging out should not get you banned from all of arena.
> -both of these affect all of social not just infection.
>
> 5.) Some users have been complaining about missing custom game features.
>
> I’ll add to this list if I notice anything else after I play a little more. While these may seem like little issues to some think about this if you have a dam and you notice some cracks they are just little issues right? Well after awhile those cracks start to make a whole and that’s a big problem.
>
> I’ll say this its better then halo 4’s flood mode. Although still I would just rather play Halo MCC or halo reach’s infection.

Forge maps are good? Dude, forge maps suck. So open with no cover. I played 10 straight games and infection never won. Like wtf.

I’d say I like it more than h4 infection and less than reach infection.

> 2533274847563380;10:
> Infection is so much fun! I have to be honest I felt it was really well done.
>
> Though I don’t see any harm in saying they could add a few things. Remember just because it dosn’t have everything dosn’t mean it sucks.

Oh no i’m not saying it sucks I just don’t think it was as good as it should have been after we have been waiting for so long.

> 2533274912401341;9:
> Reach Living Dead > Halo 5 Infection
>
> 'nuff said

Halo 3 Infection >>>>>>> Other games’ Infection/Flood.

Nuff said

It’s the human loadout my main gripe is with. That AR spawn, with nades, and pickup ammo from dead teammates gives humans such an advantage, especially compared to the other halo games. At least there’s no glitch spots like there were in reach but still I think the pistol would’ve been a better choice, with a lot less of the weapon pickups on the map. Make it feel like infection is about survival rather than going on killing sprees. You don’t even get points for surviving for longer, only if you survive til the end or are LMS. Those are my main problems, the rest I can deal with.

The human advantage is huge.

Basically find a corner of the map that only has 1 way in/out and camp

> 2533274912401341;9:
> Reach Living Dead > Halo 5 Infection
>
> 'nuff said

Too bad Reach was a horrible game.

That’s right m8, I said it. Infection is fine with me, the only issue I have is the completely random lunge distance for swords.

I’ve been saying to people all week to give it a chance and wait till after it comes out to review it. And now that I’ve played it, I’m going to have to agree. It just didn’t feel like infection should. It was more frustrating than enjoyable. And I’m going to say what everyone else is saying, because they’re right.

-Power weapons on maps. This is my biggest pet peeve with new infection. One of the fundamental aspects of the game type was you had your loadout, and that was that. I think that all the power weapons should be removed from the map.
-AR starts. I didn’t think this would end up being a big deal and I was wrong. The AR does not have a good reason to be part of infection. The zombies don’t have shields, because it is supposed to be easy to headshot them with a Pistol. Instead of the AR, players should start with a pistol. If not the normal one, then maybe the Boltshot or CE pistol. But the AR just isn’t a fun thing to be in infection, for zombies or survivors.
-Active Camo. I don’t think the zombies should be invisible to any degree, and should appear on radar.
-Movement. Aren’t zombies supposed to be faster? If you’re going to take sprint away from anyone, take it from the survivors, and give them the increased movement speed. I’ve also noticed that it can be a pain in the -Yoink- to get kills because sometimes the lunge misses, or only takes out the shields. And because the stroke is so slow, you usually only have one shot in getting the kill.

343 has made a good habit of listening to popular demands recently, and I’m hoping one of these topics catches their attention.

Wow, it’s hasn’t even been 24 hours since release and you guys are already hatin…

As for myself, i really liked it. It feels like the humans are a little op but considering the fact that every game I’ve played so far the infected won, it’s not as op as it looks like.

I can’t understand people saying humans are op and demanding in the same sentence a pistol start!?!? Like are you nuts? You know that one headshot can kill an infected, and combined with those sightlines humas would always win!

Oh and what are you supposed to do if you cannot collect ammo from the dead? Melee a zombie?

As for me I’ve played it a few times and it was fun, but it’s nothing i would play for hours. With that said back to the arena grind :wink: