>>>> Infection needs a lot more work <<<<

Just looking at the little effort and love that went in to Reach’s infection modes compared to Halo 3 is humiliating in a sense because of how it was overall the most popular custom game mode. So much more could have been done with it. What i expected from in reach was not present which should have present if they wanted to step up from Halo 3’s infection was simple.

-Infected player models (cracked visors, slouching zombie traits, maybe even flood look a likes).

-an actual zombie weapon as opposed to the sword, like the hands it self since sword lung is annoying

-A considerable more amount of zombie game modes, including the halo 3 base game modes (save one bullet, hide and seek ect)

-Zombie/horror maps for infection. well more specifically, to be able to forge the map with horror filters and place horror items (dead bodies, pumpkins would also be nice with some Halloween items)

-A well run zombie playlist with a considerable amount of developed and community support for maps and game modes.

Updated OP -

• In game music for specific events in any custom game mode (ie suspenseful music for beginning/first infection, when zombies begin to out number human more dramatic humans, and last man standing gets epic moral boosting type music, or really depressing music)
    There is more to list, but I would appreciate feedback.

Zombies could use a severed Spartan leg as a weapon.

> Just looking at the little effort and love that went in to Reach’s infection modes compared to Halo 3 is humiliating in a sense because of how it was overall the most popular custom game mode. So much more could have been done with it. What i expected from in reach was not present which should have present if they wanted to step up from Halo 3’s infection was simple.
>
> -Infected player models (cracked visors, slouching zombie traits, maybe even flood look a likes).
>
> -an actual zombie weapon as opposed to the sword, like the hands it self since sword lung is annoying
>
> -A considerable more amount of zombie game modes, including the halo 3 base game modes (save one bullet, hide and seek ect)
>
> -Zombie/horror maps for infection. well more specifically, to be able to forge the map with horror filters and place horror items (dead bodies, pumpkins would also be nice with some Halloween items)
>
> -A well run zombie playlist with a considerable amount of developed and community support for maps and game modes.
>
> There is more to list, but I would appreciate feedback.

A lot of this has been brought up quite a bit in the community, with dedicated maps for a dedicated playlist probably being the most asked for. I agree with a lot of what you are asking for, and to be honest none of it sounds beyond 343’s capabilities.

Hopefully they will ship with Alpha Zombie rather than wait to give it to us later on (shame on you whoever did that).

I would like to see a better Infection as well, Especially the Idea of the More detail, as in Zombie Looking Zombies, and all that Jazz.

Something which i have always liked for custom games is in game music through out. So you can decide for infection really suspenseful music throughout the match, or in specific places such as last man standing or first infection. Could also work for other custom game types.

I was hoping there would be more news on infection, and hopefully there will be more news on this subject. For me and a lot of people, infection was the party game mode for Halo 3. It was bare bones compared to what it could have, but was brilliant. Now imagine all this stuff. That would be awesome.

Now on the subject of how this could be relevant as a simulation in the multi-player, it could just simulate surviving the flood, with flood skins for the infected for example. So infected Spartan IV’s, and with AI flood for non-Spartans.

> I would like to see a better Infection as well, Especially the Idea of the More detail, as in Zombie Looking Zombies, and all that Jazz.

^This. Without the unnecessary caps.

it needs large sandtrap-like maps and vehicles and hammers to be honest. that’d be just heck of a lot of fun.

Infection was a lot of fun in Halo 2, and it was great in Halo 3 with gametype support, but in Halo Reach it just seems so dull. I figure its probably due to the lack of custom maps and instead the playlist just dropping you into Default Maps. Also on a bit unrelated note I also noticed a drop in the Forge Community, which directly affects Infection seeing as most of the entertainment from it was gained from the creative minds behind Halo 3s forge community which seemed truly lacking in reach. I cant tell if this is because the Custom Game/Forge system was either missing things, had some glitches and bugs, or if it was too easy to use. Either way if you are going to have an Infection playlist the least you can do is add some custom maps built around that, and not just drop people into the boring default maps that were built for competitive play.

Even as a great fan of Reach, i have to agree. Zombies is there but, its not nearly as great as the zombies that was in halo 3. They had some amazing maps and Zombies was never boring when it came up.

In Reach I barely play it because the maps are so lack luster =\ It doesnt make sense though since there are TONS of great forge maps in the zombies community… i dont understand why 343 doesnt take advantage of what bungie set out to do. Let the community’s great creations flow in matchmaking! :slight_smile:

Also acually good infection community maps and gametypes instead of terrible ones.

Instead of adding aesthetics, I’d much rather they make some great maps specifically tailored to Infection. Haunted houses and stuff like that… The community made some amazing ones in Reach.

It is a shame that 343 will probably not implement this changes which should have been started in Reach. Hopefully these ideas can be seen, since these ideas would defiantly make Infection a lot more impressive, and “realistic”. Hell infection related items that can be bought with these Spartan points would be nice, so new armour specific to someone if they are infected. This idea could also be used for VIP game modes, Regicide, or Juggernaut.

there shouldn’t even be an infection playlist imo. Look at what it has done to reach: Reach hass basically turned into a zombie game, with the infection playlist being the most populated.

The infection playlist draws players away from the actual competitive playlists. There is an excess of playlists in Reach, dividing the population, and infection and grifball worsen that issue even further.

We didn’t need infection playlists in Halo 3. Halo 3 was a fun, competitive game, and only in the weekends were we allowed to screw around in gametypes like infection or grifball. I had a lot more fun back then because it was a rare occasion AND the regular playlists were well populated.

And no, i don’t think that they need to give more ‘love’ to the actual gametype itsself. your ideas require them to draw new player models etc., which is building a mini-game into a game, when it is just supposed to be a gametype. It just requires too much resources.

Who the hell bumped this?