Infection Mode...

Since this is a next gen Halo game I want to see more than just graphical and gameplay improvements and innovations. Just a personal gripe, Infection mode in the Halo games felt a bit bare bones to be honest. It seems that infection in Halo 3, Reach, and 4’s Flood gametype was just about trying to kill each other and earning the most points to win with a “zombie” twist to it. Also playing as the zombies/flood was frustrating since the survivors had a huge (initial at least) advantage (in numbers and close and longer range weapons). While I did have some fun matches, I felt the infection needed more, much more, to actually earn it’s name as an infection gametype because I actually really like infection type modes in shooters. Halo 4 was where 343 got it somewhat right with Hivemind and Last Stand modes. Now those were pretty good. I feel that infection needs more survival like features and gameplay mechanics in them to actually make you feel (somewhat) like you’re actually trying to defend yourself against the zombie/flood horde instead camping in one spot and easily picking off infected players. What are your thoughts?

Infection is supposed to be more barebones compared to full fledged zombie games. It sounds like you want the maps to be more tailored to infection right? In Halo 3 they had some custom maps for infection and several community made ones as well. Infection already gives Spartans limited ammo, basic weapons, and limits infected to melee weapons only. The maps is really the only thing I can think of that would help make infection better. When I think infection I think of asymmetrical maps like a house to defend or a tower. Maybe the infected need a new mechanic to make their movements harder to predict? IDK just thoughts.

They don’t really need to tailor the maps for infection. Instead they could use larger scale maps and use forge to put up barriers that the humans need to bypass. Instead of a camp to survive have an objective based infection where the humans have to open up passages/turn on generators to get to a extraction point.
In Reach during invasion we had a drop ship come in to pick up a data core, why not one in infection to pick up survivors?

> They don’t really need to tailor the maps for infection. Instead they could use larger scale maps and use forge to put up barriers that the humans need to bypass. Instead of a camp to survive have an objective based infection where the humans have to open up passages/turn on generators to get to a extraction point.
> In Reach during invasion we had a drop ship come in to pick up a data core, why not one in infection to pick up survivors?

Now that sounds like a great idea for infection.

> <mark>Since this is a next gen Halo game I want to see more than just graphical and gameplay improvements and innovations</mark>. Just a personal gripe, Infection mode in the Halo games felt a bit bare bones to be honest. It seems that infection in Halo 3, Reach, and 4’s Flood gametype was just about trying to kill each other and earning the most points to win with a “zombie” twist to it. Also playing as the zombies/flood was frustrating since the survivors had a huge (initial at least) advantage (in numbers and close and longer range weapons). While I did have some fun matches, I felt the infection needed more, much more, to actually earn it’s name as an infection gametype because I actually really like infection type modes in shooters. Halo 4 was where 343 got it somewhat right with Hivemind and Last Stand modes. Now those were pretty good. I feel that infection needs more survival like features and gameplay mechanics in them to actually make you feel (somewhat) like you’re actually trying to defend yourself against the zombie/flood horde instead camping in one spot and easily picking off infected players. What are your thoughts?

Well then…
Prepare to be disappointed by every single game to come out…