Infection Mode for Halo infinite

I found 343’s use of flood form with Halo 4’s infection mode to be an interesting change and also it visually enhanced the atmosphere of fighting off a hoard of infected. For Halo Infinite instead of having different colored Spartans as infected like we have had in previous Halos, have the infected be flood consumed aliens like brutes and/or elites. Maybe to change up the mode to incorporate equipment by having two classes of infected. The brutes infected could be able to violently shove objects like crates and vehicles forward and the infected elites could have a grappling hook like equipment that of course is just a flood like tentacle. If class selection may create some gameplay issues the alpha infected could be a standard infected elite with tentacle and the newly infected take on the infected brute role.

The issue with Halo 4 infection was the strict rules that could be applied to the infected. You couldn’t have the really fun game modes that were invented in Halo 3. (Fat kid, cops, ghost busters, ect)

> 2533274863380818;2:
> The issue with Halo 4 infection was the strict rules that could be applied to the infected. You couldn’t have the really fun game modes that were invented in Halo 3. (Fat kid, cops, ghost busters, ect)

It would be done though. I think it would be cool to bring Flood back for Infection, but give the Flood all the same customizable traits as a Spartan. They could even make it so the Flood can have weapons other than the claw, since Flood are known to carry weapons.

Actually found the Halo 4 ‘Flood designs’ to be pretty bad, I get what OP is saying but I’d rather they use the infected models from Halo 2 anniversary’s infection mode since those designs are more faithful and actually look like the Flood while the Halo 4 designs more like skinny versions of Nemesis or Hell Raiser’s Cenobite.

> 2533274810177460;3:
> > 2533274863380818;2:
> > The issue with Halo 4 infection was the strict rules that could be applied to the infected. You couldn’t have the really fun game modes that were invented in Halo 3. (Fat kid, cops, ghost busters, ect)
>
> It would be done though. I think it would be cool to bring Flood back for Infection, but give the Flood all the same customizable traits as a Spartan. They could even make it so the Flood can have weapons other than the claw, since Flood are known to carry weapons.

The flood having access to customizable traits as a Spartan sounds fun to me and may add to the re-playability. Hell, 343 could try to go all out Left 4 Dead (not as overwhelming) and include flood types and adjust them to fit the game mode. However, for the people that prefer the more classic Infection, flood types could be a separate game mode or appear only once or twice in the rounds to make the game more tangible for everyone.

I saw a video by Sean W. It shows a Mega Construx set with a Spartan wielding a Green Energy Sword. I think we’re still gonna stick with Green Spartans with Green Energy Swords unfortunately. I really like the way H2A Infected look

Infection is gonna be epic on Infinite I’m sure.

What do you think about bot to help zombie ? I play to many game where there wasn’t enough zombie on the map. Sometimes it’s because the first zombies fail to infect survivors or because players quitt the game when they became zombies. I think a good infection game need a minimum of zombie to be fun and bot can be usefull for that. They could appear when needed, to replace missing playerfor exemple.

i would prefer it if they had both options in infinite for how the infected look but if they can only have one at launch (if the mode is even at launch) i would prefer just colored spartans.

As much as I would love a flood themed infection they absolutely butchered it in halo 4 and I really don’t want another copy of that. I would love it if they could have a helmet with a flood spore coming out of the visor and brutes and elites versions would be cool. However, I am not gonna fantasize about it since they don’t even have playable elites for multiplayer so I am completely fine with green spartans being the infected threat since they had the cool effect in Halo 5.

As cool as this sounds, I’d still want to have the different colored spartans as an option. In Halo 4, where infected were flood forms, it was really annoying to only be able to equip a sword to the infected.

> 2535436152010337;8:
> What do you think about bot to help zombie ? I play to many game where there wasn’t enough zombie on the map. Sometimes it’s because the first zombies fail to infect survivors or because players quitt the game when they became zombies. I think a good infection game need a minimum of zombie to be fun and bot can be usefull for that. They could appear when needed, to replace missing playerfor exemple.

Absolutely in accordance with this request, bots must be given greater use in all areas of multiplayer.

People are cofnusing the issue with the infection mode of 4. The issue was that customs didnt allow for customization. Having the dev made infection mode being like this has 0 problems with it. What matters is that the customs game settings allow for the creation of infection without the model swap.

This is a cool idea, infection is one of my favorite game modes… I’d also like to see as much flood in Halo Infinite as possible (campaign, infection, firefight, armor)

> 2533274824216729;1:
> I found 343’s use of flood form with Halo 4’s infection mode to be an interesting change and also it visually enhanced the atmosphere of fighting off a hoard of infected. For Halo Infinite instead of having different colored Spartans as infected like we have had in previous Halos, have the infected be flood consumed aliens like brutes and/or elites. Maybe to change up the mode to incorporate equipment by having two classes of infected. The brutes infected could be able to violently shove objects like crates and vehicles forward and the infected elites could have a grappling hook like equipment that of course is just a flood like tentacle. If class selection may create some gameplay issues the alpha infected could be a standard infected elite with tentacle and the newly infected take on the infected brute role.

I love this idea. I just hope they don’t put the multiplayer overlay like in slayer. Though it will be a bonus incentive for those who really want their armor to shine to not get infected.