Infection is more important than the falcon

There are members of the community who are upset that the falcon isn’t in this update, but you know what is?

Infection

You guys should be hyped for this.

I prefer Infection being added over having another vehicle.

I’m SUPER EXCITED to see what Custom Games the community thinks of this time around!

Can’t wait for it. The falcon was mostly painful memories for me. Glad, it isn’t in the game.

Should have been at launch… I dunno, it depends on the options infection brings with it. Don’t get to excited though.

I’m happy Infection is coming back. At the same time I get a laugh at the people saying how great 343 is for bringing it back when the people who asked for it were probably insulted and called entitled by those very same people for wanting it back and talking about it all the time.

In some ways I feel it’s a little too late, this update has been postponed a lot. And unless infection has more options than previous games it’ll probably not go down too well.

> 2533274812652989;6:
> I’m happy Infection is coming back. At the same time I get a laugh at the people saying how great 343 is for bringing it back when the people who asked for it were probably insulted and called entitled by those very same people for wanting it back and talking about it all the time.

There is probably a lot of overlap there.

> 2535412198452857;5:
> Should have been at launch… I dunno, it depends on the options infection brings with it. Don’t get to excited though.

It want in at launch though. That was 6 months ago. It’s here within a week, get over it already. We can’t go backwards and change the past.

I’m honestly not a fan of Infection or the Falcon. This whole thing with everybody raging out of their minds is a little weird to me.

Infection is an appreciated gesture but I’m concerned that it’s too little too late for the casual audience. 343i’s focus on the Professional crowd has hamstrung development and continues to do so. Along with MoR we’re getting a rebalanced Arena to bring maps more in line with the Pro Leagues. It’s very clear by now where the priorities are and what 343i and by extension Microsoft want out of Halo 5, the Arena is for the Pro players (until the community at large revolted and demanded casual playlists) and Warzone was for casual fun to milk every cent they can.

> 2533274838154555;11:
> Infection is an appreciated gesture but I’m concerned that it’s too little too late for the casual audience. 343i’s focus on the Professional crowd has hamstrung development and continues to do so. Along with MoR we’re getting a rebalanced Arena to bring maps more in line with the Pro Leagues. It’s very clear by now where the priorities are and what 343i and by extension Microsoft want out of Halo 5, the Arena is for the Pro players (until the community at large revolted and demanded casual playlists) and Warzone was for casual fun to milk every cent they can.

They tried to appeal to casuals in Halo 4. The game was panned by competitive players and the casuals didn’t support it enough to make it viable to do again.

They are having much more success focusing on the competitive side based on the amount of money community funded for the HWC and now the Summer Pro League. They need to go to where the market is.

> 2533274815582829;12:
> > 2533274838154555;11:
> > Infection is an appreciated gesture but I’m concerned that it’s too little too late for the casual audience. 343i’s focus on the Professional crowd has hamstrung development and continues to do so. Along with MoR we’re getting a rebalanced Arena to bring maps more in line with the Pro Leagues. It’s very clear by now where the priorities are and what 343i and by extension Microsoft want out of Halo 5, the Arena is for the Pro players (until the community at large revolted and demanded casual playlists) and Warzone was for casual fun to milk every cent they can.
>
>
> They tried to appeal to casuals in Halo 4. The game was panned by competitive players and the casuals didn’t support it enough to make it viable to do again.
>
> They are having much more success focusing on the competitive side based on the amount of money community funded for the HWC and now the Summer Pro League. They need to go to where the market is.

I enjoy both the competitive and social side of Halo, so doesn’t bother me at all.
I ended up leaving Halo 4 because it was over casual. I think Halo 5 has a good mix of both worlds.

> 2533274815582829;12:
> > 2533274838154555;11:
> > Infection is an appreciated gesture but I’m concerned that it’s too little too late for the casual audience. 343i’s focus on the Professional crowd has hamstrung development and continues to do so. Along with MoR we’re getting a rebalanced Arena to bring maps more in line with the Pro Leagues. It’s very clear by now where the priorities are and what 343i and by extension Microsoft want out of Halo 5, the Arena is for the Pro players (until the community at large revolted and demanded casual playlists) and Warzone was for casual fun to milk every cent they can.
>
>
> They tried to appeal to casuals in Halo 4. The game was panned by competitive players and the casuals didn’t support it enough to make it viable to do again.
>
> They are having much more success focusing on the competitive side based on the amount of money community funded for the HWC and now the Summer Pro League. They need to go to where the market is.

Casuals make up around 70-90% of a game’s population and without them, there is no Halo. As for H4, it was rejected by everyone because it copied too much from COD and people were turned off by that. Also, 343i didn’t make the game causal on purpose; they made it too causal accidentally just like they made H5 too competitive. They haven’t been able to strike a balance between the two audiences. Now they are simply saying who cares about the casual crowd, lets just cater to pros and hope that Halo recovers. They need to go where the market is but 343i is ignoring the larger portion of the market in their efforts to get there.

> 2533274833569045;13:
> > 2533274815582829;12:
> > > 2533274838154555;11:
> > > Infection is an appreciated gesture but I’m concerned that it’s too little too late for the casual audience. 343i’s focus on the Professional crowd has hamstrung development and continues to do so. Along with MoR we’re getting a rebalanced Arena to bring maps more in line with the Pro Leagues. It’s very clear by now where the priorities are and what 343i and by extension Microsoft want out of Halo 5, the Arena is for the Pro players (until the community at large revolted and demanded casual playlists) and Warzone was for casual fun to milk every cent they can.
> >
> >
> > They tried to appeal to casuals in Halo 4. The game was panned by competitive players and the casuals didn’t support it enough to make it viable to do again.
> >
> > They are having much more success focusing on the competitive side based on the amount of money community funded for the HWC and now the Summer Pro League. They need to go to where the market is.
>
>
> I enjoy both the competitive and social side of Halo, so doesn’t bother me at all.
> I ended up leaving Halo 4 because it was over casual. I think Halo 5 has a good mix of both worlds.

The biggest problems with 343i’s games were that they catered to one demographic to the detriment of the other. The largest complaint of Halo 5, even pre-release, was that there was a large focus on competitive play. They did this primarily because Halo 4 alienated the Pro community so here they were trying desperately to coax them back. Halo 5 has more casual playlists now, but this was absolutely not the case at launch.

Do you remember the attention that was given to Breakout? How it was supposed to be the Pro playlist? If someone could point me to any professional event that actually used this gametype I would be shocked. Because as it stands Breakout is the playlist I hop into when I feel like playing paintball but don’t want welts.

I didn’t care for infection much and I’m not going to play it either. The Spartan abilities will ruin it and the range of the H5 shotgun is too powerful.

Also Warzone INVASION am I the only one?

I can hardly wait to slay some zombies!

So they bring it back 6 months later, and you want us to be excited? Why? It’s about time they brought it back. We really shouldn’t even be having this discussion honestly.

Well playable elites are more important than both of those… Except infection is rather important… God I can’t wait to play it.

> 2533274879407634;19:
> Well playable elites are more important than both of those… Except infection is rather important… God I can’t wait to play it.

Indeed