Infection in Halo 5

I used to love playing the Living Dead playlist in Halo Reach, maybe I wasn’t up for a fierce competitive match and felt like playing some Zombies. Whatever the case, it was a very popular playlist, and one of my personal favorites. So you can imagine my disappointment at Halo 4’s Flood. It was boring, and didn’t really feel like infection to me. The Flood had a way OP lunge Range, and were a lot tougher than the older zombies. In zombie lore they die from a headshot, no shields=1 headshot kill. Flood just felt very different from the infection I know and loved, and I’m willing to bet a lot of people agree with me. Flood also hurt custom games considering that Infection was a huge part of that community, and well Flood is just not infection. Keeping that in mind, what should Infection be like in Halo 5? Should we have Halo 4’s newest successor to Infection (Flood), Halo 3’s infection, Halo Reach’s Infection, or should they focus on “more Important” aspects of the multiplayer? Let me know what you think about Infection in the next Halo game.

I want it to be like Reach infection, but the infected will look like the flood. I don’t want a claw to be forced on me. I should be able to wield any weapon like in previous Halos.

Yeah the flood have a creepy look. Maybe there should be an option in customs to choose which if the infected look like flood or not.

> I want it to be like Reach infection, but the infected will look like the flood. I don’t want a claw to be forced on me. I should be able to wield any weapon like in previous Halos.

I think the claw would be fine, as long as it’s on the left arm. If you look at the flood on Halo 1-3, they have a claw on the left arm, and a weapon on the right arm.

If they just made it so that the flood players melee with their left arm, then they can hold any weapon they like. Lunging would only work with a sword as per the norm. (If you remember, flood have used swords before as well) :slight_smile:

I want Halo 5’s infection to be it’s own thing.

Some of Halo 4’s option do bug me though. The lunge range and energy shields just irk me. I still love the new flood skins though, so cool!

What if in Halo 5 you could choose 1 of 3 different flood forms before you spawn. Kind of like an evolution of Halo 4’s Flood load out options.

More than anything though I’d like to see more innovation on Gravemind. There’s a lot more room for new features there.

I’d like to see Reach’s infected as an option along with a really slow form with a lot of health and a hammer (Fat boy/Flood tank form) as well as something that can shoot (Flood ranged form).

Halo: Reach Infection was by far the most even but Halo 4 Flood did have some merit. I did enjoy and was hoping one of the developers of Bungie brought a flood hit box design, then in Halo 4 343 Industries pulled this off. I have some improvements and feedback for how Halo 4 Flood Mode and Halo: Reach should come together making the best of both worlds.

Halo 4: Flood Mode
Pros
Awesome Flood Hitbox Design
Alternate Weapon to Energy Sword… Flood Tentacle
Creates a teamwork based game
Introduction of Hivemind

Cons
Thruster Pack made it ni impossible to pull off a clean shotgun kill.
Could not customize a flood match where flood could use vehicles or alternate weapons.
Hand gun headshots in 2 hits, rather than 3 hits.

Halo: Reach
Pros
Creates teamwork based game
Shotgun Range and Energy Sword Range balanced for bull trues
Hand gun headshots in 2 hits
Custom Infection matches

Cons
Evade made flood ni impossible to hit

So really the Halo 5: Flood Mode should have no thruster pack, evade or other dodging AA of that nature. PV and AC are accepted as they are visual enhancements and don’t mess with the game play. It should also have the option when in custom matches to give flood a variety of option like in infection on Halo: Reach. perhaps stronger magnum or weaker headshot resistance for Flood…

We should definitely keep the style of Halo 4 Flood; it just needs to be vastly expanded upon. Give us the option to toggle the Flood effect / a host of other features, allow us to give the infected weapons other than swords, and let us place weapons on the map.

Give us the most customization we’ve ever had in Halo 5. Don’t pull a Halo 4 and give us another castrated version with skins.

> What if in Halo 5 you could choose 1 of 3 different flood forms before you spawn. Kind of like an evolution of Halo 4’s Flood load out options.
>
> More than anything though I’d like to see more innovation on Gravemind. There’s a lot more room for new features there.
>
> I’d like to see Reach’s infected as an option along with a really slow form with a lot of health and a hammer (Fat boy/Flood tank form) as well as something that can shoot (Flood ranged form).

I love this idea, it could really be innovative and make flood something new and exciting, but as long as it doesn’t interfere with the core game play mechanic. Here are some generalised stats that maybe what we want in each? Item with asterisks are explain below.

Tank Form
Armor Ability: Flood Pheromone*
Weapon: Flood Fist*
Damage Modifier: 100%
Hit Box: Large
Health: 2x Overshields
Damage Resistance: 200%
Speed: Slow

Infection(Speed) Form
Weapon: Tentacle*
Damage Modifier: 100%
Hit Box: normal
Health: 100%
Damage Resistance: 100%
Speed: 200%

Ranged Form
Weapon: Spine Projector*
Damage Modifier: 200%
Hit Box: small
Health: 100%
Damage Resistance: 100%
Speed: 100%

Flood Pheromone: This armor ability is unique to flood game types. It works like Promethean Vision except everything is shades of brown and flood like, and enemies appear yellow with a slight yellow trail. This symbolizes the flood tracking its preys pheromones or by sense of smell.

Flood Fist: This weapon is unique to flood game types. It works like a Gravity Hammer except that it is design like a huge fist almost like Hell Boy’s large fist. When attacking, the Flood Fist lack lunging range but, it makes up for it in power, it creates shock waves and has a large area of effect, decimating foes within range.

Flood Tentacle: This weapon is unique to flood game types. It works like a Energy Sword, except that it is designed like a large flood claw or tentacle. When attacking the Flood Tentacle has a large range but, requires two successful hits to infect.

Flood Spine Launcher: This weapon is unique to flood game types. It works like a spiker and needle rifle… a spiker rifle if you will; the spines protrude out the flood forms back and flow to his arms. The spines propel out of the palm of the hand wounding enemies and weakening them for other flood forms.

Here are some links to better picture what each item or form should look like.

Tank Form: Flood Tank Form | Halo Alpha | Fandom

Infection Form: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_(Infection_gametype)?file=H4hd_9.jpg

Ranged Form: Flood Ranged Form | Halo Alpha | Fandom

Flood Pheromone: http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/1/18/Promethean_vision.png

Sorry I couldnt really find my weapon ideas…

I agree with brain, the flood physique was a nice touch but the claw should not be forced, neither the model itself if the gametype creator wants it so.

What about getting rid of the waypoint when the last man is standing.It really messed up some ideas. Also how about the choosing of the appearance of the flood colors or player colors. I really hated that i couldn’t change my colors to what i wanted.

I want to Have Reach style infection with Halo 4’s flood models. For living dead MM, we could have Flood models without the blurred vision. And custom games we could have flood models, but we could still hold weapons. And custom colors back,

Ugh, just revert Infection to its Halo 3 state and it’d be perfect because in all honesty, Halo 3’s Infection (especially the Custom Games options and Forge maps) was utterly perfect. Reach’s was substandard and Halo 4’s was atrocious.

Armor abilites does not fit into infection it takes away the survival feel from it i think that is why i like halo3 the most when infection became an official gametype.

I want the default to be like Hivemind. Everyone started with a AR, Flood/infected have decent shields, and the weapons are on the map.

Default Infection mode in every Halo game that has had it has been horribly lopsided and incredibly unbalanced and extremely unfun to play when you’re a zombie and incredibly boring to play as a human. H3, Reach, H4. I’ve played them all. They all suck.

Hivemind is the only decent take on the gametype and even it suffers from the fact that the scoring system is stacked against the Infected/Flood.

Meh humans were overpowered in Reach’s infection.

keep infection original flood hit ,Spartans shoot flood skins is cool and should stay if anything change maybe is have two flood types quick fast lunger normal or slow speed heavy hitter like how it was made in halo flood use’s sword and hammers simple as that!

Halo 2a had the flood right, a nice model that you can toggle, and you can customize the spawn weapons and stuff.

Thanks for a reviving a dead thread…
On topic, Infection in Halo 2 Anniversary is great. I would like to have a Flood-Firefight game mode and an Infection with possible Flood aspects.
Oh God, imagine Infection with the new grapple and thruster packs…

I hate infection, its nothing but camping on one single spot. Its extremely frustrating to play as a zombie, when the spartans are just making a camp on top of a cliff or a tower and you cant simply reach them when there are 3-7 shotguns pointed at you.
Easily my most least favorite gametype!