Infection in halo 4.

A lot of you guys have already heard what I want infection to be like. So what you guys want from infection?

As long as it’s not like Reach’s attempt… lol.

Balanced I guess. It should only come back if they can do it right on maps that would work well.

> As long as it’s not like Reach’s attempt… lol.
>
> Balanced I guess. It should only come back if they can do it right on maps that would work well.

I was thinking humans could have no radar and zombies have Promethean Vison.

I’ve literally copied and pasted this twice already, but… I hope you guys don’t mind me doing it a third time. ^o^

• Zombies should earn more points for infecting a human. As it is in Reach, zombies lack the incentive to run out and infect since they’re barely rewarded.
  • Humans should NOT start with a pistol. They should start with a Shotgun and/or Assault Rifle. Their ammo should be scarce and weapons should be put on the map to encourage movement (something Reach Infection lacks).
  • The weapons on the map should be: Assault Rifle (8; mainly for ammo), Shotgun (4), Pistol (2), and Sticky Detonator (1).
  • Maps in Infection should NOT have rooms or areas with only ONE ACCESS. This is a horrible thing for a map to have as it turns the game into a camp fest.
  • A reward system should be in place for zombies; maybe they get a personal ordinance drop after doing well? The rewards could be camo, overshield, or maybe thruster pack?

This (I think) would be the best way to make Infection work in Halo 4, as well as make it a lot more interesting.

> > As long as it’s not like Reach’s attempt… lol.
> >
> > Balanced I guess. It should only come back if they can do it right on maps that would work well.
>
> I was thinking humans could have no radar and zombies have Promethean Vison.

That could work.

I always hated the way spartans have their radar in infection. Taking it away wouldn’t make sense in a way but it would balance things a bit better and give some much needed tension/fear.

This is more of a visual change but how about zombies being flood, reskin the energy sword of the zombies to that claw-tentacle thing that humans can’t pick up, and gore mode?

> I was thinking humans could have no radar and zombies have Promethean Vison.

I like this idea. And here’s what I posted in the other long infection thread. The highlighted part is probably what I want most, and would probably take the most effort to implement.

Here’s my ideal improvements to infection in matchmaking:
-A safe havens/left 4 dead kind of mode where you go through checkpoints and win the round by reaching the end as the survivor. (Encourages players to move through the map (Also this is more an infection variant, not a change))

-Good map design for infection. Not too much close quarters making it too easy for zombies, and no hard to reach places with only 1 entrance to approach from making it too easy for survivors. (Places like up on the wall on sword base were fine because there were multiple ways to approach the wall as a zombie)

-Assault rifle and/or shotgun starts, with magnums and other balanced weapons placed around the map in zombie-contested areas or at checkpoints along the way. (Limited ammo and set not to respawn)

-A system that chooses starting zombies fairly and evenly instead of randomly. (With 12 players for example, 1/3rd are starting zombies each round, 3 rounds, and no one is starting zombie twice (with the exception of when players quit))

-Improved scoring to better reward zombies. (Should be easier with new scoring system)

-Continue to earn xp towards level progression for unlocks etc. but does not count stats like k/d. (Revert it to being about having fun and not playing like try hards (This applies to the matchmaking infection))

These are also my ideal improvements that are less realistic:
-Spawn zombies without any weapon (have to beat down with their fists) but increase their damage to still be 1 hit kill. (Make it feel more like fighting zombies rather than lunging ninjas)

<mark>-An option for alpha zombies to be AI players and also to make the little popcorn flood as the initial threat that “spreads the virus”, instead of alpha zombies. (They continue to “flood” and it gets exponentially harder to hold them off until they finally infect someone (or multiple people), and then they suddenly all pop and it becomes ordinary infection. This provides a more realistic concept to the zombie gametype and is the fairest way I can think of selecting an alpha zombie, because it’s whoever falls to the AI popcorn flood first. It also just sounds friggin fun in my opinion)</mark>

-Flood skin for infected players. (Look like zombies)

-Being able to tweak players starting ammo. (Better balance for humans spawning with guns. Also a way to make zombies spawn with 0% energy in the sword essentially giving them just their fist, removing the need for the other idea to add a feature to spawn with no weapons)

I wouldn’t want to see it in Halo 4, since it never was a balanced playlist.

It’s too late for ideas for Halo 4. However, maybe Halo 5 will have Flood zombies.

> I’ve literally copied and pasted this twice already, but… I hope you guys don’t mind me doing it a third time. ^o^
>
> - Zombies should earn more points for infecting a human. As it is in Reach, zombies lack the incentive to run out and infect since they’re barely rewarded.
> - Humans should NOT start with a pistol. They should start with a Shotgun and/or Assault Rifle. Their ammo should be scarce and weapons should be put on the map to encourage movement (something Reach Infection lacks).
> - The weapons on the map should be: Assault Rifle (8; mainly for ammo), Shotgun (4), Pistol (2), and Sticky Detonator (1).
> <mark>- Maps in Infection should NOT have rooms or areas with only ONE ACCESS. This is a horrible thing for a map to have as it turns the game into a camp fest.</mark>
> - A reward system should be in place for zombies; maybe they get a personal ordinance drop after doing well? The rewards could be camo, overshield, or maybe thruster pack?
>
> This (I think) would be the best way to make Infection work in Halo 4, as well as make it a lot more interesting.

I agree with all of your ideas. The main one is highlighted, this is the reason that in Reach one person gets like 30 kills and everyone else gets like 5. I also like the rewards for zombies idea, many times, I’m the only zombie who actually gets a good number of kills and I still get less points than a human who I kill at the beginning of the round!

> > I’ve literally copied and pasted this twice already, but… I hope you guys don’t mind me doing it a third time. ^o^
> >
> > - Zombies should earn more points for infecting a human. As it is in Reach, zombies lack the incentive to run out and infect since they’re barely rewarded.
> > - Humans should NOT start with a pistol. They should start with a Shotgun and/or Assault Rifle. Their ammo should be scarce and weapons should be put on the map to encourage movement (something Reach Infection lacks).
> > - The weapons on the map should be: Assault Rifle (8; mainly for ammo), Shotgun (4), Pistol (2), and Sticky Detonator (1).
> > <mark>- Maps in Infection should NOT have rooms or areas with only ONE ACCESS. This is a horrible thing for a map to have as it turns the game into a camp fest.</mark>
> > - A reward system should be in place for zombies; maybe they get a personal ordinance drop after doing well? The rewards could be camo, overshield, or maybe thruster pack?
> >
> > This (I think) would be the best way to make Infection work in Halo 4, as well as make it a lot more interesting.
>
> I agree with all of your ideas. The main one is highlighted, this is the reason that in Reach one person gets like 30 kills and everyone else gets like 5. I also like the rewards for zombies idea, many times, I’m the only zombie who actually gets a good number of kills and I still get less points than a human who I kill at the beginning of the round!

The only place I can think of in reach on any infection map that has 1 entrance and is easy to camp is the hall to the air lift on sword base.