Infection Hype!

Im so hyped about infection. But more about the forgers, what will they do?
They will create great infection maps.
Just look at maps like Duckhunt or Mongoose sumo, they are just epic.
In Halo 5 forge you can do so much.
Cant wait for some cool maps.

Hype for me too, fatkid and other, damn finally we get -Yoinking!- infection in H5

Dp you think it is going to be social or ranked?

> 2533274824279780;3:
> Dp you think it is going to be social or ranked?

Good question, methinks social. People rage quit enough as infected, add a rank to the mix and that problem becomes much worse.

> 2533274826614653;4:
> > 2533274824279780;3:
> > Dp you think it is going to be social or ranked?
>
>
> Good question, methinks social. People rage quit enough as infected, add a rank to the mix and that problem becomes much worse.

Plus infection has always been a casual game type, and sense the only way to win is to score the most points, and most players play to survive, most players would not have very good ranks in the mode which would make less people want to play.

With the new weather effects, we could have a night map in a thunderstorm to add to the atmosphere.

> 2533274976607648;6:
> With the new weather effects, we could have a night map in a thunderstorm to add to the atmosphere.

Spooky

Dude I’m with you. Infection has always been my favorite mode. I’m so excited to have it back!

Right there with you op. I’m glad they’re even implementing it back in the series.

It’s just been announced that infection will be 12 players with 4 rounds, time limit will be 3 min, new customs game option ‘last squad standing’, Spartans will have all abilities, infected will have thrust, smart scope, and stabilizers! Here’s my source:

> 2533274949238961;10:
> It’s just been announced that infection will be 12 players with 4 rounds, time limit will be 3 min, new customs game option ‘last squad standing’, Spartans will have all abilities, infected will have thrust, smart scope, and stabilizers! Here’s my source:
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5s-next-free-update-detailed-includes-weapon-/1100-6439375/

Im glad that the infected dont have spartan charge, the smart link though has me worried, that gives them ridiculous range. We can only wait and see.

> 2533274840624875;11:
> > 2533274949238961;10:
> > It’s just been announced that infection will be 12 players with 4 rounds, time limit will be 3 min, new customs game option ‘last squad standing’, Spartans will have all abilities, infected will have thrust, smart scope, and stabilizers! Here’s my source:
> >
> > http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5s-next-free-update-detailed-includes-weapon-/1100-6439375/
>
>
> Im glad that the infected dont have spartan charge, the smart link though has me worried, that gives them ridiculous range. We can only wait and see.

My question is why we can’t change the options. What if I made a map designed for infected to be able to climb but humans can’t?

> 2533274796680285;12:
> > 2533274840624875;11:
> > > 2533274949238961;10:
> > > It’s just been announced that infection will be 12 players with 4 rounds, time limit will be 3 min, new customs game option ‘last squad standing’, Spartans will have all abilities, infected will have thrust, smart scope, and stabilizers! Here’s my source:
> > >
> > > http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5s-next-free-update-detailed-includes-weapon-/1100-6439375/
> >
> >
> > Im glad that the infected dont have spartan charge, the smart link though has me worried, that gives them ridiculous range. We can only wait and see.
>
>
> My question is why we can’t change the options. What if I made a map designed for infected to be able to climb but humans can’t?

We dont know what the custom options are yet, all we know are the aspects for what will be in arena. For all we know, all of this can be edited in customs.

> 2533274840624875;13:
> > 2533274796680285;12:
> > > 2533274840624875;11:
> > > > 2533274949238961;10:
> > > > It’s just been announced that infection will be 12 players with 4 rounds, time limit will be 3 min, new customs game option ‘last squad standing’, Spartans will have all abilities, infected will have thrust, smart scope, and stabilizers! Here’s my source:
> > > >
> > > > http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5s-next-free-update-detailed-includes-weapon-/1100-6439375/
> > >
> > >
> > > Im glad that the infected dont have spartan charge, the smart link though has me worried, that gives them ridiculous range. We can only wait and see.
> >
> >
> > My question is why we can’t change the options. What if I made a map designed for infected to be able to climb but humans can’t?
>
>
> We dont know what the custom options are yet, all we know are the aspects for what will be in arena. For all we know, all of this can be edited in customs.

Yup. Especially considering how much you could do with the ball variant they added a couple months back, you’ll almost certainly be able to change everything in this one. Considering they bothered to give details as specific as number of rounds and round time limit they’re not describing how infection works in Halo 5 as a whole, but instead Halo 5’s default variation.

I’m curious to find out what ‘last squad standing’ will be

> 2533274949238961;15:
> I’m curious to find out what ‘last squad standing’ will be

same here

I wondering if last squad standing is a form of infection multi-team. Which squad can survive the longest, sounds like a fun idea to me.

Infection should be awesome, what should be even more awesome is custom games with infection options.

Smashy chase anyone?