Infection Effects

Hello, many custom game players can say that infection was by far the most popular gametype. The game was formed into multiple scenarios ranging from giant games of jenga, to prison breaks and stargates. I personally loved infection. I would stop the game I was playing to join that of my friends if they were starting an infection game. With infection, we saw the community create all new styles of gaming.

Many of the closing doors and elevators we saw in custom maps can safely be said that they originated from infection games. Halo Reach offered the chance to create amazing maps in forge. We saw forge world and thought of floating prisons, helicopter chases, and even a full on zombie apocalypse. However, this new game did not deliver. Reach removed many of the moving forge pieces we had seen in Halo 3 such as barrels and crates. Without these features our games seemed dull. The visual effects were okay but didn’t deliver that frightening tone we wanted.

The maps of Reach were rigid. They offered very few creative environments. When I say “Anchor 9” I immediately imagined a prison floating in space. Unfortunately, many of the iconic features such as the saber were not forgeable. This meant that your space prison would have a random fighter jet just sitting there.

Basically what I’m saying is that the forge of Halo 4 should be more geared toward creating EXACTLY what the player wants. I hope that features such as closing doors and elvators will be included. The forge has been lacking in reach and I feel that Halo 4 offers the breath of fresh air it needs. On a similar note the game options should be improved. Halo Reach took out some of the options that made infection amazing. I haven’t played in a while so I don’t know if they were fixed at any time.

As many people have stated, the addition of infected skins would be amazing. It would add realism to the game. Although the game is to far into development to change anything, infected skins would be a great game option. So after reading this what do you think?

Agree with alot of what you mentioned. Infection playlist was one helluva cool playlist, the tension! With infection, I want something along the lines of flood infected spartans. At least it should be an option for the playlist.

Do you the “classic” zombie pawns with a forced color or gruesome looking, flood infected spartans? Lore wise reasonable? Yeas and no. Still this is MP.

Wait… Im biting my own hand here. How can a Spartan combat form infect others? No infection form, no spore fumes to infect others… Brainsorming right now.

Oh wait that could be saved for some kind of fire fight… Damn it 343, you scrapped that game mode…

> As many people have stated, the addition of infected skins would be amazing. <mark>It would add realism to the game.</mark>

LOLrealism in Halo!

I understand where you’re coming from. The idea of Flood skins would kind if screw up canon. You could just make the skins look like actual zombies? I’m not sure how a zombie spartan would look though. Before you ask “Where are there zombies other than the flood in Halo?” remember the fact that Gamemodes are not always agreeing with Halo canon. I don’t remember the master chief ever ganging up on a fat kid with his friends.

And when I mean realism, I mean something other than green Spartans killing a red spartan, therefore turning him into a green spartan “zombie”

> I understand where you’re coming from. The idea of Flood skins would kind if screw up canon. You could just make the skins look like actual zombies? I’m not sure how a zombie spartan would look though. Before you ask “Where are there zombies other than the flood in Halo?” remember the fact that Gamemodes are not always agreeing with Halo canon. I don’t remember the master chief ever ganging up on a fat kid with his friends.
>
> And when I mean realism, I mean something other than green Spartans killing a red spartan, therefore turning him into a green spartan “zombie”

Gameplay/Fun>Canon

If the enjoyment of a product has to be lessened because someone can’t get over them adding zombie skins for fun, then well… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35TbGjt-weA&list=PL26E5511A55833C37&index=2&feature=plpp_video

> I understand where you’re coming from. The idea of Flood skins would kind if screw up canon. You could just make the skins look like actual zombies? I’m not sure how a zombie spartan would look though. Before you ask “Where are there zombies other than the flood in Halo?” remember the fact that Gamemodes are not always agreeing with Halo canon. <mark>I don’t remember the master chief ever ganging up on a fat kid with his friends.</mark>
>
> And when I mean realism, I mean something other than green Spartans killing a red spartan, therefore turning him into a green spartan “zombie”

I would like to see that actually happen it would be even better if Morgan Freeman narrated what was happening

I think it would’ve been pretty neat if the infection gametype applied Pestilence armor effects to all the zombies. Something small like that just goes a long way.

I’d like them to do something w/ the in-helmet view in Halo 4 that would apply to infection. However, infection may be the most popular gametype but it’s not what core Halo is about. Halo is a competitive shooter game so infection doesn’t really deserve more focus than any of the other gametypes.

> > As many people have stated, the addition of infected skins would be amazing. <mark>It would add realism to the game.</mark>
>
> LOLrealism in Halo!

Halo is probably the most realistic Sci-fi in the area of technology. Adding some baser realism to the game isn’t a bad thing or stupid, just because it’s a Sci-fi doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be a little realistic. Halo bends more towards Sci-fi much more than it does fantasy. I think Halo 4 will be amazing for infection gameplay and for machinima making and many other things.

I have to admit that since playing infection for the first time I have always wanted to see an actual zombie character model, whether they make a zombified Spartan/Elite or if they use the flood. I just always thought it would add to the game a little bit.

> I have to admit that since playing infection for the first time I have always wanted to see an actual zombie character model, whether they make a zombified Spartan/Elite or if they use the flood. I just always thought it would add to the game a little bit.

Agreed.