Infection-Can humans/zombies hear each other?

Having everyone be able to talk to each other in Halo Reach infection ruined the feeling of zombies imo. All elements of surprise, suspense, planning, etc. were absent as a result. Oh and matchmaking infection is a joke, I play custom games and not the matchmaking infection.

I hope in Halo 4 we’ll have the option to set the gametype itself to allow Social Team Slayer VOIP (ala Halo 3) or Free-for-all VOIP (ala Reach).

Anyone else with me on this?

I liked being able to hear everyone, because I treat Infection as it is: a non-serious, stupid fool-around game.

We haven’t received any details on Infection or its changes(if any) in Halo 4 as of yet.

I like to make zombie maps where it’s all about teamwork and working together to survive. Being able to hear only your team at all times is crucial for such games, and hearing the enemies only when they’re nearby.

For really casual and mindless infection games like the ones in matchmaking, and also mini-games using the infection gametype, then yes, hearing everyone is best. But not for “hardcore” infection games.

> I liked being able to hear everyone, because I treat Infection as it is: a non-serious, stupid fool-around game.

This.

In my experience, even when people are playing an Infection Custom Game to win, FFA chat has managed to keep the atmosphere very cordial without being overly detrimental to teamwork.

Survivors can hear Zombies in Infection? Not proximity voice, like FFA chat?

> Survivors can hear Zombies in Infection? Not proximity voice, like FFA chat?

In Reach, yes. Infection is FFA, and its “teams” are script-managed, so everyone can hear everyone.

I would personally not like to hear the zombies, I’ll use the mute option. It would be nice to not have to do that but I accept it as it is.