Infection 2.0

In infection on Halo 4, the infected will be real flood.

Good ider?!

I have wanted this ever since Halo 3. I assume that graphical and gameplay issues would get in the way and make this impossible, but i still hope it happens eventually.

Maybe the Xbox 720 will be able to handle it.

> Maybe the Xbox 720 will be able to handle it.

This is totally off topic, but if Microsoft calls the next Xbox the ‘Xbox 720’, I’ll end up being one of those guys who buys it the day of launch, brings a video camera with me, and smashes it to pieces right outside the store. Then I’ll upload the video to youtube and get thousands of hits within minutes…

Anyway, back on topic, yes I do like the idea of the zombies actually being the flood. It’d be pretty interesting, I just don’t think it’ll ever happen. But I could be wrong.

I totally want real flood to be featured in the next installation of infection. And let’s not stop there.

For instance, I just came up with another suggestion for infection. You know when you are infected and you can’t seem to reach the humans without having your head blown off, over and over.
Let’s say you die 4 times in a row with out getting a single kill. The next respawn you are given the choice to summon a swarm of Flood Infection Forms that will seek out any humans and hopefully infect them.
They will last a certain amount of seconds or until killed.

This will basically be a deathstreak reward that will help you back on track and serve as a major distraction. I guess you could come up with even more deathstreak rewards and it’s questionable whether the swarm should be AI or player controlled.

> > Maybe the Xbox 720 will be able to handle it.
>
> This is totally off topic, but if Microsoft calls the next Xbox the ‘Xbox 720’, I’ll end up being one of those guys who buys it the day of launch, brings a video camera with me, and smashes it to pieces right outside the store. Then I’ll upload the video to youtube and get thousands of hits within minutes…
>
> Anyway, back on topic, yes I do like the idea of the zombies actually being the flood. It’d be pretty interesting, I just don’t think it’ll ever happen. But I could be wrong.

Meanwhile in Africa…

That wasn’t a joke i just made… that was pretty damn inconsiderate. You should be thankful that you could afford an xbox 720 if it comes out.

> > > Maybe the Xbox 720 will be able to handle it.
> >
> > This is totally off topic, but if Microsoft calls the next Xbox the ‘Xbox 720’, I’ll end up being one of those guys who buys it the day of launch, brings a video camera with me, and smashes it to pieces right outside the store. Then I’ll upload the video to youtube and get thousands of hits within minutes…
> >
> > Anyway, back on topic, yes I do like the idea of the zombies actually being the flood. It’d be pretty interesting, I just don’t think it’ll ever happen. But I could be wrong.
>
> Meanwhile in Africa…
>
> That wasn’t a joke i just made… that was pretty damn inconsiderate. You should be thankful that you could afford an xbox 720 if it comes out.

Sorry, I guess you couldn’t tell that was sarcasm. I wouldn’t literally waste hundreds of dollars to do that.

I’ll be sure to put /sarcasm at the end of all of my posts that use sarcasm from now on, seeing as it confuses people.

My apologies.

I just want infection to be like Halo 3 again :frowning:

> > > > Maybe the Xbox 720 will be able to handle it.
> > >
> > > This is totally off topic, but if Microsoft calls the next Xbox the ‘Xbox 720’, I’ll end up being one of those guys who buys it the day of launch, brings a video camera with me, and smashes it to pieces right outside the store. Then I’ll upload the video to youtube and get thousands of hits within minutes…
> > >
> > > Anyway, back on topic, yes I do like the idea of the zombies actually being the flood. It’d be pretty interesting, I just don’t think it’ll ever happen. But I could be wrong.
> >
> > Meanwhile in Africa…
> >
> > That wasn’t a joke i just made… that was pretty damn inconsiderate. You should be thankful that you could afford an xbox 720 if it comes out.
>
> Sorry, I guess you couldn’t tell that was sarcasm. I wouldn’t literally waste hundreds of dollars to do that.
>
> I’ll be sure to put /sarcasm at the end of all of my posts that use sarcasm from now on, seeing as it confuses people.
>
> My apologies.

Oh lol sorry haha yea you really should it’s hard to determine sarcasm over text.

> I totally want real flood to be featured in the next installation of infection. And let’s not stop there.
>
> For instance, I just came up with another suggestion for infection. You know when you are infected and you can’t seem to reach the humans without having your head blown off, over and over.
> Let’s say you die 4 times in a row with out getting a single kill. The next respawn you are given the choice to summon a swarm of Flood Infection Forms that will seek out any humans and hopefully infect them.
> They will last a certain amount of seconds or until killed.
>
> This will basically be a deathstreak reward that will help you back on track and serve as a major distraction. I guess you could come up with even more deathstreak rewards and it’s questionable whether the swarm should be AI or player controlled.

No…just no. I do not want kill or death streaks in Halo.

> I just want infection to be like Halo 3 again :frowning:

So do I.

Not with all that kill trading and those stupid AAs.

well there’s already a more developed thread about this in the gamma forums: The Linkage!

anyways, your spartan model should have a flood spore breaking out of your spartan’s visor. maybe different load-outs that determine fast weak zombies or slow strong ones, these are just ideas :3

> well there’s already a more developed thread about this in the gamma forums: The Linkage!
>
> anyways, your spartan model should have a flood spore breaking out of your spartan’s visor. maybe different load-outs that determine fast weak zombies or slow strong ones, these are just ideas :3

I don’t think it would be too much asking for Flood models for Infection. Especially not when you look how immensely popular the playlist is in Reach.

This would add so much immersion to the gametype.