Infantry Upgrades also for standard Marines ?

Hi Guys,

first, sorry for my english. I’m German.

Does the Infrantry Upgrades being made in the barracks also have effect on the standard marines which are being trained in the HQ?

Many thanks in advance!

Greetings

yes

Thanks for the reply.
And Cutters ODSTs ?

> 2533274928090122;3:
> Thanks for the reply.
> And Cutters ODSTs ?

Believe so!

That’s the question!

If not, wouldn’t a “trained” marine unit not be stronger than a ODST unit ?

I think that a marine upgraded all the way is still not as good as an ODST. As a person who plays cutter a little bit I’d say ODST’s are better. I’ve never tested this so I can’t say this is all fact but I do know the ODST’s have lots of health and it’s probably more than a marines. Now their DPS I have no clue. But the ODST’s win again in the “Y” ability category. The satchel charges can wreck and army that’s balled up or it can melt buildings. But ODST’s can be called into battle immediately as a instant reinforcement to your population. While a marine takes time to waddle across the map an ODST is dropped in instantly, making it in my opinion a better unit than a simple marine.

P.S. Good job on you English. I haven’t even noticed a single typo and if you didn’t tell me you were German I’d have no idea you were foreign to the language

:smiley:

> 2533274928090122;3:
> Thanks for the reply.
> And Cutters ODSTs ?

Cutter’s ODST are categorized as infantry so yes, they are effected just by Infantry Upgrade from thd Baracks.

> 2535431243595189;6:
> I think that a marine upgraded all the way is still not as good as an ODST. As a person who plays cutter a little bit I’d say ODST’s are better. I’ve never tested this so I can’t say this is all fact but I do know the ODST’s have lots of health and it’s probably more than a marines. Now their DPS I have no clue. But the ODST’s win again in the “Y” ability category. The satchel charges can wreck and army that’s balled up or it can melt buildings. But ODST’s can be called into balled immediately as a instant reinforcement to your population. While a marine takes time to waddle across the map an ODST is dropped in instantly, making it in my opinion a better unit than a simple marine.
>
> P.S. Good job on you English. I haven’t even noticed a single typo and if you didn’t tell me you were German I’d have no idea you were foreign to the language
>
> :smiley:

ODST are only good when you first call them because it stuns with enough time to use the Y ability to wipe a large amount of ground force. Beyond this, they are not worth 800 supplies to casually call in if not used to quickly bulk up weakend army.

Infantry upgrades upgrade all the units that say “infantry” in the top right corner of their description when hovering over them in the barracks or base.

There are basically 5 unit types in this game.

  1. Infantry
  2. Vehicle
  3. Air
  4. Hero
  5. Ultimate

every unit will fall under one of these types. Marines are I , and therefore get the benefits from the upgrades. Just like how Skitterers get benefits from Vehicle upgrades, Phantoms and Sentinels get bendits from air upgrades, etc.

The only units that do not get benefits from Infantry/Vehicle/Air upgrades are Heroes (they have their own upgrades) and Ultimate units (Scarab and Condor)

> 2533274855883119;10:
> There are basically 5 unit types in this game.
>
> 1. Infantry
> 2. Vehicle
> 3. Air
> 4. Hero
> 5. Ultimate
>
> every unit will fall under one of these types. Marines are I , and therefore get the benefits from the upgrades. Just like how Skitterers get benefits from Vehicle upgrades, Phantoms and Sentinels get bendits from air upgrades, etc.
>
> The only units that do not get benefits from Infantry/Vehicle/Air upgrades are Heroes (they have their own upgrades) and Ultimate units (Scarab and Condor)

Anders Sentinel Retriever she spawns also falls into the Ultimate Units category.

Her Beacon sentinels however do get affected by air upgrades. The ones that spawn from Kodiak/Siege Turret shots.

> 2533274928090122;5:
> That’s the question!
>
> If not, wouldn’t a “trained” marine unit not be stronger than a ODST unit ?

odsts are also affected. the only thing global upgrades dont affect are super units and hero’s fyi

Thanks for all the information. Very helpful.

Is there a guide somewhere which provides detailed information about health, damage etc?

@Dirtybird:
Thank you. In real conversations (I need English for my job) with my American colleagues I still notice, that my English is far far away from “perfect” :smiley: