Infantry Rush - Deathmatch

Has anybody else been having issues with a full on infantry rush in deathmatch? It’s been happening to me every single game lately. A good match would usually last around 30 minutes and you would see all different units, but now it seems like the cool thing is to infantry rush and not even reach HQ 2, game over in 10 minutes. Maybe it’s just me, but its pretty annoying. Any thoughts on this?

And before anybody says “build defense”, it doesn’t work. 40 infantry units with grenades destroy your defenses in seconds. Seems like the only counter is to infantry rush yourself.

Yes it seems very popular at the moment and 40 grenades thrown at once from 40 marine squads will pretty much take anything out.

If he doesn’t go for tech 2 your scout units can deal with them.

Currently I stopped getting the chopper upgrade (shrapnel rounds) because now they take power to build so with those 450 power you can build 22 choppers!

Which means, you won’t get delayed to reach tech 2 very fast still. And from there it should be easy to get map control.

Now, if the enemy DOES get Tech 2 then sadly there’s nothing that can counter a marine/snipers/cyclops mixed army. At least as Banished it is unbeatable.

Infantry are just the strongest play style right now either Early or Mid and in some scenarios even late game. Until vehicles get a buff, both UNSC and Banished, then the current meta will continue to be infantry heavy IMO.

The only reason I do infantry rush is because I can build 6-8 infantry squads early while building and upgrading to go take the energy pylons for upgrades and free map resources. Then gradually add mass another unit with infantry and attack at 10-15 mark.

> 2533274809201791;5:
> The only reason I do infantry rush is because I can build 6-8 infantry squads early while building and upgrading to go take the energy pylons for upgrades and free map resources. Then gradually add mass another unit with infantry and attack at 10-15 mark.

That’s usually what I do as well. I like to stick around 5 infantry to gather resources and then build other units around them. But now everyone is capping out their units with only infantry and attacking in about 7-8 minutes. They don’t even bother to build a barracks, garage, or airpad.

I usually only play against legendary AIs, and none of the rush strategies ever works on legendary AIs.

I only really encounter this in 3v3’s, where all 3 people build infantry and send them to the same base, it’s basically unbeatable unless you’re non-stop pumping out infantry at the same rate as them and are magically at the same base they chose to attack, and not across the map from them at your allies base.

Infantry pressure is a thing in 1v1’s and 2v2’s, but I rarely see any rushes with them. I’ve seen two rushes of my 70 or so games, both won just cause I wasn’t expecting them. I also saw one cheese with someone trying to build a barracks behind me at a minibase which I put a stop to fairly successfully.

> 2533274807340992;7:
> I usually only play against legendary AIs, and none of the rush strategies ever works on legendary AIs.

AI’s probably cheat TBH.

> 2535440300782004;1:
> Has anybody else been having issues with a full on infantry rush in deathmatch? It’s been happening to me every single game lately. A good match would usually last around 30 minutes and you would see all different units, but now it seems like the cool thing is to infantry rush and not even reach HQ 2, game over in 10 minutes. Maybe it’s just me, but its pretty annoying. Any thoughts on this?
>
> And before anybody says “build defense”, it doesn’t work. 40 infantry units with grenades destroy your defenses in seconds. Seems like the only counter is to infantry rush yourself.

it’s called anti-infantry turrets use em, and spam marines right back

In 3 v 3, I can see this being a bit OP and difficult to stop, but only when the 3 opponents are really coordinating well and attacking the same person.

In 1 v 1, I rarely see or do an infantry rush. Often times there’s lots of pressure, but it’s more for map control and setting up the next big attack which revolves around T2 vehicles and air.

> 2533274802858354;9:
> > 2535440300782004;1:
> > Has anybody else been having issues with a full on infantry rush in deathmatch? It’s been happening to me every single game lately. A good match would usually last around 30 minutes and you would see all different units, but now it seems like the cool thing is to infantry rush and not even reach HQ 2, game over in 10 minutes. Maybe it’s just me, but its pretty annoying. Any thoughts on this?
> >
> > And before anybody says “build defense”, it doesn’t work. 40 infantry units with grenades destroy your defenses in seconds. Seems like the only counter is to infantry rush yourself.
>
> it’s called anti-infantry turrets use em, and spam marines right back

That’s literally what I said… turrets are no match for grenade marines. They are destroyed instantly and they only take out maybe 3-5 squads

> 2535440300782004;11:
> > 2533274802858354;9:
> > > 2535440300782004;1:
> > > Has anybody else been having issues with a full on infantry rush in deathmatch? It’s been happening to me every single game lately. A good match would usually last around 30 minutes and you would see all different units, but now it seems like the cool thing is to infantry rush and not even reach HQ 2, game over in 10 minutes. Maybe it’s just me, but its pretty annoying. Any thoughts on this?
> > >
> > > And before anybody says “build defense”, it doesn’t work. 40 infantry units with grenades destroy your defenses in seconds. Seems like the only counter is to infantry rush yourself.
> >
> > it’s called anti-infantry turrets use em, and spam marines right back
>
> That’s literally what I said… turrets are no match for grenade marines. They are destroyed instantly and they only take out maybe 3-5 squads

Are you playing Banished?

Mass grunts with jump pack brutes and suicide grunts works for me.

Wow, I just lost two games in a row against the same guy, he’s cutter so I know I just lost from the start.

I have like 12 or 14 choppers against his marines and they straight out lose against their grenades! I even used atriox bulwark and that doesn’t work either.

I rammed his infantry and the reflect damage killed my own choppers.

Now, I’m no chopper rusher, but I’d think going for choppers would be the only answer to his infantry early game. The new patch completely nullified that!

Played my third game against cutter, I won this time. He didn’t go for mass infantry, go figure.

Beating an infantry rush isn’t very difficult. Immediately start getting to Tech 2. While upgrading grab bases on the side. He won’t be able to take them all down in time. Once up get warthogs and marines. Get upgrades for both before you attack. Also add an artillery unit when possible. from there just push out with marines/warthogs/artillery. The nerf on the warthog ability does make them considerably worse against marines though :/.