Infantry+Air?

Just curious if Johnson could go late game while mostly ignoring Vehicles. One of the reasons I like other RTS games (cough Command and Conquer 3 cough cough) is because infantry is diverse enough to be used late game if you back them up with just a few other units.

To put out a hypothetical, let’s say the bulk of my army is infantry of all kinds backed by a moderate number of Hornets (say 9 or 10), and maybe 3 or 4 Colossus’ (Colossi?). How would this do in each phase of the game (early, mid, late)?

Johnson having Pelican Transport (aka “slower teleport”), Bunkers, and supporting turrets just makes this make sense to me. Not sure if Combat Salvage works on Hornets. The Mantis is cool and all, but it just seems too “meh” to waste a leader point on the speed boost/invincibility combo.

Cyclops are affected by the mech overcharge fyi.

> 2533274792014876;2:
> Cyclops are affected by the mech overcharge fyi.

Really? Neato! I always have had a soft spot for those things in HW2. They remind me of Big Daddies from Bioshock.

I main Covenant and infantry with engineers and shrouds are really strong. Grunt squada can tear up enemy air unless they strafe, but in 1v1’s you’ll find vehicles to be more diverse, and you’ll at least one some reavers on standby.

> 2533274818737568;1:
> Just curious if Johnson could go late game while mostly ignoring Vehicles. One of the reasons I like other RTS games (cough Command and Conquer 3 cough cough) is because infantry is diverse enough to be used late game if you back them up with just a few other units.
>
> To put out a hypothetical, let’s say the bulk of my army is infantry of all kinds backed by a moderate number of Hornets (say 9 or 10), and maybe 3 or 4 Colossus’ (Colossi?). How would this do in each phase of the game (early, mid, late)?
>
> Johnson having Pelican Transport (aka “slower teleport”), Bunkers, and supporting turrets just makes this make sense to me. Not sure if Combat Salvage works on Hornets. The Mantis is cool and all, but it just seems too “meh” to waste a leader point on the speed boost/invincibility combo.

I thought about that comp when the game first came out. The problem with that comp while it is mobile and somewhat cheap to make is that an enemy can just build anti infantry units (rangers, snipers etc.) plus a few wolverines or reapers and your army would not last long. The colossus would not go well with that army because I think because you would be slowing your army down heavily and you would have to rely only on the colossus for building damage. Which IMO they don’t do a lot of building damage anyways. However if you still want to play that infantry style I would recommend cutter as his movement speed leader power makes his infantry the best IMO.

> 2533274818737568;1:
> Just curious if Johnson could go late game while mostly ignoring Vehicles. One of the reasons I like other RTS games (cough Command and Conquer 3 cough cough) is because infantry is diverse enough to be used late game if you back them up with just a few other units.
>
> To put out a hypothetical, let’s say the bulk of my army is infantry of all kinds backed by a moderate number of Hornets (say 9 or 10), and maybe 3 or 4 Colossus’ (Colossi?). How would this do in each phase of the game (early, mid, late)?
>
> Johnson having Pelican Transport (aka “slower teleport”), Bunkers, and supporting turrets just makes this make sense to me. Not sure if Combat Salvage works on Hornets. The Mantis is cool and all, but it just seems too “meh” to waste a leader point on the speed boost/invincibility combo.

Could probs use snipers/cyclops and nightingales/hornets.
Unless your opponent goes super hard air, i feel like that combo with some upgrades could do work.

Then again, I main Atriox so UNSC is alittle Greek to me.