indoor maps and shadows

ok we know forge objects now cast shadows, now this got me thinking this morning, say i forged a map from scratch and made it indoors. would that mean that it would be pitch black? if it does i hope there is a lot of lights to place down

Yep. And I can’t wait to forge a scary indoor closed off maze like building! Then make it creepy looking and make a few open spots so light will come through. Then add 1 zombie and the other team to survive. They need to stay away from the zombie in the dark. And the zombie is black and invincible.

I love to make these maps. My friends liked them in Reach. I can’t wait! X3

But yeah, I hope you can place many different types of light. And also have the option for them to flicker or sparkle.

> ok we know forge objects now cast shadows, now this got me thinking this morning, say i forged a map from scratch and made it indoors. would that mean that it would be pitch black? if it does i hope there is a lot of lights to place down

I don’t know, Well if you make borders and stuff without objects, I’m sure it won’t be all dark and pitch black.

> Yep. And I can’t wait to forge a scary indoor closed off maze like building! Then make it creepy looking and make a few open spots so light will come through. Then add 1 zombie and the other team to survive. They need to stay away from the zombie in the dark. And the zombie is black and invincible.
>
>
> I love to make these maps. My friends liked them in Reach. I can’t wait! X3
>
> But yeah, I hope you can place many different types of light. And also have the option for them to flicker or sparkle.

yeah that sounds like a great map idea, dw i wont steal it lol but yeah i was thinking lights for indoor slayer/ctf maps

> > ok we know forge objects now cast shadows, now this got me thinking this morning, say i forged a map from scratch and made it indoors. would that mean that it would be pitch black? if it does i hope there is a lot of lights to place down
>
> I don’t know, Well if you make borders and stuff without objects, I’m sure it won’t be all dark and pitch black.

But if you make a closed of building with no sunlight coming in and no light indoors it’s gonna be dark. Just as in real life.

And I hope it does. Really dark and black. :slight_smile:

> > > ok we know forge objects now cast shadows, now this got me thinking this morning, say i forged a map from scratch and made it indoors. would that mean that it would be pitch black? if it does i hope there is a lot of lights to place down
> >
> > I don’t know, Well if you make borders and stuff without objects, I’m sure it won’t be all dark and pitch black.
>
> But if you make a closed of building with no sunlight coming in and no light indoors it’s gonna be dark. Just as in real life.
>
> And I hope it does. Really dark and black. :slight_smile:

well yeah obviously but i meant like indoor slayer and ctf maps, if its too dark then gameplay wont be easy, and lights have been limited and expensive in the other games

The lighting you are in always affects the contrast of your visor.

In Halo 3 they started doing this, if you were in a dark area, and emerged into the sunlight, it would seem VERY bright at first, then your screen would actually polarize it down to look more normal. In reverse, when you were in the sunlight, and looking into what appeared to be a really dark tunnel, when you walked in, and were no longer in the light, your visor would brighten, and show the interior much more clearly.

I have a feeling that Halo 4 will have the same thing Halo 3 did. When you are inside a dark room, your visor brightens, and vice versa in the light.

> > > ok we know forge objects now cast shadows, now this got me thinking this morning, say i forged a map from scratch and made it indoors. would that mean that it would be pitch black? if it does i hope there is a lot of lights to place down
> >
> > I don’t know, Well if you make borders and stuff without objects, I’m sure it won’t be all dark and pitch black.
>
> But if you make a closed of building with no sunlight coming in and no light indoors it’s gonna be dark. Just as in real life.
>
> And I hope it does. Really dark and black. :slight_smile:

Now, Now that’s kind of thinking it over it because how would the map be Playable? And besides, 343 will just put lights (or half destroyed ones) that will bright up tha place ;]

We can probably assume that any apparent source of light that appears on the objects will actually light up interiors.

Most Forge objects have what look like lights on them.

> > > > ok we know forge objects now cast shadows, now this got me thinking this morning, say i forged a map from scratch and made it indoors. would that mean that it would be pitch black? if it does i hope there is a lot of lights to place down
> > >
> > > I don’t know, Well if you make borders and stuff without objects, I’m sure it won’t be all dark and pitch black.
> >
> > But if you make a closed of building with no sunlight coming in and no light indoors it’s gonna be dark. Just as in real life.
> >
> > And I hope it does. Really dark and black. :slight_smile:
>
> Now, Now that’s kind of thinking it over it because how would the map be Playable? And besides, 343 will just put lights (or half destroyed ones) that will bright up tha place ;]

You could make scary infection maps and fun hide and seek gametypes.

I don’t mean complete darkness. But I don’t think it’s gonna be easy to see if you’re in a block that has no loghts in it. But that’s where you add lights. :slight_smile:

And I’m sure there are Forge pieces that will have lights on them. But complete darkness can be fun too.

Imagine a large arena that is totally closed off from sunlight. And there’s also no light inside. Then add players and give 1 of them an energy sword. The energy equipped spartan has to find the spartans in the dark. XD

> We can probably assume that any apparent source of light that appears on the objects will actually light up interiors.
>
> Most Forge objects have what look like lights on them.

I didn’t see any so far. :confused:

Then I hope it has an option for turning the lights off for that object. :slight_smile:

> > We can probably assume that any apparent source of light that appears on the objects will actually light up interiors.
> >
> > Most Forge objects have what look like lights on them.
>
> I didn’t see any so far. :confused:
>
> Then I hope it has an option for turning the lights off for that object. :slight_smile:

Making a dark room would be cool for certain custom games and such, but if it was a choice between having dark rooms or well-lit rooms (as in, either no lights given to brighten a dark room, or well-lit rooms with no way to darken them), I’d much rather they give us well-lit rooms. Dark rooms are too much of a specialty thing to abandon well-lit rooms in their favor, whereas the majority of Forgers will want well-lit rooms.