Incredible bad audio in Halo Reach MCC

I love halo, played halo Reach MCC after long wait.
But instantly noticed something was wrong with the game audio. Shots fired by players… Or grenades all sound very muffled. Its also very hard to make out where the sound is coming from. This is an issue present only in MCC Reach… Not in the original 360 version.

I have read pc players also noticed this isue, but unfortunately also xbox.

This must have been noticed during testing… How could this happen? This is so disappointing, i really had high hopes for this release.

I play on xbox one x

Ps. Please 343, i have no hate. But this is unacceptable. You have to fix this asap

343i is aware of this, the MCC’s audio is encoded in a different format resulting in everything sounding muffled. They are working on a solution, and will hopefully have more details some time soon.

> 2717573882290912;2:
> 343i is aware of this, the MCC’s audio is encoded in a different format resulting in everything sounding muffled. They are working on a solution, and will hopefully have more details some time soon.

But wasn’t that the whole point of its ready when it’s ready theme,?

> 2717573882290912;2:
> 343i is aware of this, the MCC’s audio is encoded in a different format resulting in everything sounding muffled. They are working on a solution, and will hopefully have more details some time soon.

Thx for your reply. Ahhh i didnt know, hopefully it will be fixed soon. GO 343!!! I HAVE FAITH

(still think it is unprofessional to release it in this state, sound is one of the most important aspects in a FPS. If i have to play with this kind of a handicap, i know i will find myself stop playing this even though i would really love to rock this game)

Also extremely disappointed … How does proper sounding audio take a back seat in any video game, much less a first person shooter??? Don’t know how/why this was overlooked. Seems like they knew this was a BIG issue and pushed it out the door like every other developer out there!!

> 2717573882290912;2:

This is good news. Reach on MCC works like a dream minus those audio issues. Hoping for a hotfix soon!

I’ve noticed this too and the one that is bothering me the most is the extremely faint sound that is made when you stick someone with a plasma grenade, before there used to be a really pronounced sound and now I barely hear it, and I’m one who tries to stick a lot of people as it’s my go to option.

Latest update:

> Audio Issues: Players have reported various issues regarding game audio not sounding as expected (muffled, inconsistent volume, low quality, etc.). This is a known issue present at launch and the team is working to resolve this. Unfortunately, it is not a quick fix and is one that will require quite a bit of work and time to resolve. The team is already working on it and will share an update when more progress and details are available.

Not sure if this is a problem on console, but on PC during the campaign half the time the audio sounds all distorted and is slowed down by lag. It’s really bad. Also the mouse controls incredibly slow for the scorpion and spaceship for some reason.

> 2535406126289417;3:
> > 2717573882290912;2:
> > 343i is aware of this, the MCC’s audio is encoded in a different format resulting in everything sounding muffled. They are working on a solution, and will hopefully have more details some time soon.
>
> But wasn’t that the whole point of its ready when it’s ready theme,?

I’m fairly certain that Microsoft gave them a deadline that they had to adhere to. The game isn’t unplayable, and that’s probably good enough for MS.

> 2533274991067213;10:
> > 2535406126289417;3:
> > > 2717573882290912;2:
> > > 343i is aware of this, the MCC’s audio is encoded in a different format resulting in everything sounding muffled. They are working on a solution, and will hopefully have more details some time soon.
> >
> > But wasn’t that the whole point of its ready when it’s ready theme,?
>
> I’m fairly certain that Microsoft gave them a deadline that they had to adhere to. The game isn’t unplayable, and that’s probably good enough for MS.

Whatever the reason it makes a complete mockery of that stupid mantra.

Hopefully they can get a fix out soon.

Just to highlight the bad sound issues are not just on PC I’m using an Xbox One X and the sound is downright cruel to listen to or not listen to and is not even in the same ballpark audio wise as Halo CE.

Been a massive Halo fan every since Halo CE launched all those years ago and I’ve never heard audio this bad on any game on any Xbox Console

The graphics are amazing but as for the sound when characters talk it’s fine but as soon as I fire any weapon the sound is like a pillow being placed over a speaker and my sound system is a Denon AV & Focal Dome 5.1 Speakers & Woofer

Hope 343 fix this as Halo Reach is a fabulous game

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

welcome to the mcc beta

Awful i’m not touching the campaign until this is fixed. The campaign is a cinematic experience and I don’t think most people can experience muffled audio and be truly immersed.

Can’t really even fathom how something as basic as audio sample rate conversion and codecs could cause issues for a company as big as this. But then there may be some complications with how reach handled its audio and dynamic music. Honestly feels like they left an intern to fend for themselves while everyone important just continued working on halo infinite.

It’s been a couple days now and im not confident that they’ll be able to put out a patch anytime soon considering they’ve previously said any changes to the game will be run through flights first, hypothetically taking another week or two at the least before we see it. I’ll probably just refund and wait for them to fix it.

> 2533274823970943;16:
> Can’t really even fathom how something as basic as audio sample rate conversion and codecs could cause issues for a company as big as this. But then there may be some complications with how reach handled its audio and dynamic music. Honestly feels like they left an intern to fend for themselves while everyone important just continued working on halo infinite.
>
> It’s been a couple days now and im not confident that they’ll be able to put out a patch anytime soon considering they’ve previously said any changes to the game will be run through flights first, hypothetically taking another week or two at the least before we see it. I’ll probably just refund and wait for them to fix it.

I played through the first campaign mission,and I’ll be shelving it until something is sorted , sound is sub par, and movement is a little janky as well I’m on xbox x rather glad I’m on game pass as I would have just blindly purchased it and been rather disappointed . But hey" it’ll be nearly ready when it’s nearly ready "

I found keeping the frame-rate capped to 60fps helped it. And it seems the audio quality may be linked to frame rate

I’ve played through the campaign on normal and several multiplayer games (on pc) and haven’t had any problems with the audio at all. Actually I haven’t had any issues with the game what so ever. My friend had some screen tearing and input lag, but he was playing on uncapped frame rate and I was on 60, when he switched to 60 all his problems went away.

I could understand maybe servers being overloaded the first day, or maybe some animations being a bit wonky due to the fact that this is a port from a lower gen console. But this? How could something so blatantly disruptive escape notoriety from the developers? It’s ruining the campaign for me, when I’ve been so eager to revisit it after so many years.