Increased Badassery

I’ve been thinking about this for a while, so take a moment to read this through, please. It has little to no significance but I think it warrants a bit of thought anyway.

What do Spartans, mainly MC, do in each Halo Game?

CE: Survive a pod crash and fly away from an explosion.

2: Guide a bomb through space manually and do some assassinating.

3: Fall 2km and blow up a massive Forerunner installation.

Wars: Do some really cool acrobatic fighting.

Reach: Fall from orbit (with re-entry shielding) and take out an entire enemy army before eventually succumbing to the enemy.

4: Fall from orbit (properly this time), jump off a giant monolith to stab a spaceship, and detonate a nuke by hitting it really hard.

I believe I see a pattern. We all know Spartans are BAMFs, but each game drives this point home a little harder. So in the future, what kind of feats can we anticipate? With MC’s accelerated evolution, anything could happen. Plus, we need a way of truly defeating the Didact, and that’s not going to happen unless we see some serious power.

So, what do you lot think? I know it’s a bit stupid and irrelevant, but please air your thoughts.

Hmmm…interesting, while I’m walked to home today and listened the H4 117 soundtrack I just thinking about nearly the same that you wrote, what kind of epic moment we’ve seen from Chief. I’d like to see more epic/badass moment from him or Lock (or Arbiter).
Otherwise now we know that he can survive the Composer, I mean he wont be an ash by the Composer like many people did. Probably his DNA going to be like the Forerunners.
And one last thing, what is the -Yoink!-?

> Hmmm…interesting, while I’m walked to home today and listened the H4 117 soundtrack I just thinking about nearly the same that you wrote, what kind of epic moment we’ve seen from Chief. I’d like to see more epic/badass moment from him or Lock (or Arbiter).
> Otherwise now we know that he can survive the Composer, I mean he wont be an ash by the Composer like many people did. Probably his DNA going to be like the Forerunners.
> And one last thing, <mark>what is the -Yoink!-?</mark>

Badass Monkey Fighters

I want Locke to have prototype Forerunner gravity field manipulation tech. Same thing Didact had in H4. Would Allow you to temporarily hover, create a barrier to stop incoming projectiles (Titanfall style, then fire back out), some sort of force push (FUS RO DAH), ability to lay gravity traps which puts all enemies off balance in the air or pulls them to the ground to slow them down, and finally to suspend target / targets in the air then throw them after you have made an epic speech to them. [Left hand]

It won’t happen but an energy grapple would be great, allows you to climb up walls and sort of hold on up there while shooting and allows you to pull enemies to the ground and/or tether them to objects. (Just cause 2 type) [Right hand]

Because remember. Power doesn’t determine who’s right… Scrap it I forgot Insert Call of Duty phrase

> I want Locke to have prototype Forerunner gravity field manipulation tech. Same thing Didact had in H4. Would Allow you to temporarily hover, create a barrier to stop incoming projectiles (Titanfall style, then fire back out), some sort of force push (FUS RO DAH), ability to lay gravity traps which puts all enemies off balance in the air or pulls them to the ground to slow them down, and finally to suspend target / targets in the air then throw them after you have made an epic speech to them. [Left hand]
>
> It won’t happen but an energy grapple would be great, allows you to climb up walls and sort of hold on up there while shooting and allows you to pull enemies to the ground and/or tether them to objects. (Just cause 2 type) [Right hand]
>
> Because remember. Power doesn’t determine who’s right… Scrap it I forgot Insert Call of Duty phrase

It’s very possible that Locke will have Forerunner tech. In the trailer with him and the Arbiter, we see he has glowing blue lines running down the back of his armour, much like the Librarian-controlled Prometheans. We even had Prefect armour, which is a supposed hybridisation of human and forerunner tech. Maybe Locke’s suit is the next step on from that.

As for the individual abilities, the main issues I see for them are the lack of buttons to use them with, and the way they would fit into MP. 343 are unlikely to make a set of abilities only seen in the campaign. The only way I see them appearing is if the MM version is a forerunner combat skin that assembles around the player, giving them the abilities at the cost of them being unable to use their guns, instead mapping the triggers/bumpers to the abilities.

As for your last line… Take care, PCandXb0xGamer… What you say is heresy!

> > I want Locke to have prototype Forerunner gravity field manipulation tech. Same thing Didact had in H4. Would Allow you to temporarily hover, create a barrier to stop incoming projectiles (Titanfall style, then fire back out), some sort of force push (FUS RO DAH), ability to lay gravity traps which puts all enemies off balance in the air or pulls them to the ground to slow them down, and finally to suspend target / targets in the air then throw them after you have made an epic speech to them. [Left hand]
> >
> > It won’t happen but an energy grapple would be great, allows you to climb up walls and sort of hold on up there while shooting and allows you to pull enemies to the ground and/or tether them to objects. (Just cause 2 type) [Right hand]
> >
> > Because remember. Power doesn’t determine who’s right… Scrap it I forgot Insert Call of Duty phrase
>
> It’s very possible that Locke will have Forerunner tech. In the trailer with him and the Arbiter, we see he has glowing blue lines running down the back of his armour, much like the Librarian-controlled Prometheans. We even had Prefect armour, which is a supposed hybridisation of human and forerunner tech. Maybe Locke’s suit is the next step on from that.
>
> As for the individual abilities, the main issues I see for them are the lack of buttons to use them with, and the way they would fit into MP. 343 are unlikely to make a set of abilities only seen in the campaign. The only way I see them appearing is if the MM version is a forerunner combat skin that assembles around the player, giving them the abilities at the cost of them being unable to use their guns, instead mapping the triggers/bumpers to the abilities.
>
> As for your last line… Take care, PCandXb0xGamer… What you say is heresy!

I’m doubting these abilities could make it into MM (no AAs confirmed). However in Campaign the idea of no weapons out would work with the d-pad to cycle through the different ‘powers’. It might also work in Customs, Firefight/Spops.
I am excited though to find out what Locke’s suit will bring to the table.

It would be pretty damn hilarious to see Didact momentarily defeated and tricked by a Hologram. Something I thought of. After chief evades Didact’s gravity pull with agility and cover, he launches a Hologram at him.

Didact laughs at what fool Chief is to charge him straight on. Didact tries to contain Chief with his gravity ability, but doesn’t understand why it has no effect. Chief comes from behind to power punch him lol owned.

As far as a Spartan feat goes, it would be badass to see a Spartan come rocketing out from a Slipspace jump in blazing fireball of glory only to blow through the hull of a Covenant Super Carrier. I think Chief can do it, besides, he got Librarian pixie dust now let’s just role with it. Orrrr we can have an epic Warthog Run to escape being Glassed by the covenant. Picture how boss that scene would look.

> It would be pretty damn hilarious to see Didact momentarily defeated and tricked by a Hologram. Something I thought of. After chief evades Didact’s gravity pull with agility and cover, he launches a Hologram at him.
>
> Didact laughs at what fool Chief is to charge him straight on. Didact tries to contain Chief with his gravity ability, but doesn’t understand why it has no effect. Chief comes from behind to power punch him lol owned.
>
>
> As far as a Spartan feat goes, it would be badass to see a Spartan come rocketing out from a Slipspace jump in blazing fireball of glory only to blow through the hull of a Covenant Super Carrier. I think Chief can do it, besides, he got Librarian pixie dust now let’s just role with it. Orrrr we can have an epic Warthog Run to escape being Glassed by the covenant. Picture how boss that scene would look.

It would indeed be hilarious. Although judging by the leaked Escalation artwork, I think that, at the moment at least, (not counting the long-term effects of exposure to Space-Voldemort-Vader pixie dust) the Didact outclasses Chief in CQC. :slight_smile:

Speaking of running away from glassing beams, I’m really looking forward to the redone H2A version of this scene.

In the original it was much, much too quiet and unthreatening.

> > It would be pretty damn hilarious to see Didact momentarily defeated and tricked by a Hologram. Something I thought of. After chief evades Didact’s gravity pull with agility and cover, he launches a Hologram at him.
> >
> > Didact laughs at what fool Chief is to charge him straight on. Didact tries to contain Chief with his gravity ability, but doesn’t understand why it has no effect. Chief comes from behind to power punch him lol owned.
> >
> >
> > As far as a Spartan feat goes, it would be badass to see a Spartan come rocketing out from a Slipspace jump in blazing fireball of glory only to blow through the hull of a Covenant Super Carrier. I think Chief can do it, besides, he got Librarian pixie dust now let’s just role with it. Orrrr we can have an epic Warthog Run to escape being Glassed by the covenant. Picture how boss that scene would look.
>
> It would indeed be hilarious. Although judging by the leaked Escalation artwork, I think that, at the moment at least, (not counting the long-term effects of exposure to Space-Voldemort-Vader pixie dust) the Didact outclasses Chief in CQC. :slight_smile:
>
> Speaking of running away from glassing beams, I’m really looking forward to the redone H2A version of this scene.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4fq9TJx4Ms
>
> In the original it was much, much too quiet and unthreatening.

Yeah, I am certain that they are going to amp that seen up a lot.

> > Hmmm…interesting, while I’m walked to home today and listened the H4 117 soundtrack I just thinking about nearly the same that you wrote, what kind of epic moment we’ve seen from Chief. I’d like to see more epic/badass moment from him or Lock (or Arbiter).
> > Otherwise now we know that he can survive the Composer, I mean he wont be an ash by the Composer like many people did. Probably his DNA going to be like the Forerunners.
> > And one last thing, <mark>what is the -Yoink!-?</mark>
>
> Badass Monkey Fighters

OMG really?..anyway Thx Man, I think I never find out that alone :smiley: