Increase of laggy games.

For the past few days I have had nothing but laggy games over MM especially in Team Swat.
This is really starting to piss me off as the frequency of trades is ridicolous, on top of that I get shot through walls or my shots simply are not registering, add teleporting people and you have a fiesta of pure annoying gameplay.
And I’m not the only one, my friend has 120mb/s dl and 20 mb/s upload and even he is experiencing lag.

According to some people 343 is tweaking the servers for H4 resulting in lag in Halo Reach but that sounds a bit far fetched.
Can I get any clarification?
Btw I have 30mb/s dl and 5mb/s upload, fastest of my country (yeah I know terrible but it should be enough for gaming) and I use a 100 mb/s cable connected straight to my router.

There are no ‘servers’ that are getting tweaked, considering Reach is ran on peer to peer networking, the only reason for lag is either your connection, the host’s connection, or problems on yours/the hosts ISP’s end.

Just a spot of bad luck I’m afraid.

> There are no ‘servers’ that are getting tweaked, considering Reach is ran on peer to peer networking, the only reason for lag is either your connection, the host’s connection, or problems on yours/the hosts ISP’s end.
>
> Just a spot of bad luck I’m afraid.

But it’s been over a week -_-
Then again, I keep getting ranged up with Americans while me and my friend are from Belgium and the Netherlands.

> > There are no ‘servers’ that are getting tweaked, considering Reach is ran on peer to peer networking, the only reason for lag is either your connection, the host’s connection, or problems on yours/the hosts ISP’s end.
> >
> > Just a spot of bad luck I’m afraid.
>
> But it’s been over a week -_-
> Then again, I keep getting ranged up with Americans while me and my friend are from Belgium and the Netherlands.

That might be the reasoning behind it :confused:

> > > There are no ‘servers’ that are getting tweaked, considering Reach is ran on peer to peer networking, the only reason for lag is either your connection, the host’s connection, or problems on yours/the hosts ISP’s end.
> > >
> > > Just a spot of bad luck I’m afraid.
> >
> > But it’s been over a week -_-
> > Then again, I keep getting ranged up with Americans while me and my friend are from Belgium and the Netherlands.
>
> That might be the reasoning behind it :confused:

The strange thing is that on average we find 0 to 2 people living in Europe but there is always, over and over 1 American player in the game (or Canadian).
How can we make it so we only find people from the EU so we won’t get stuck with super laggy games were people keep shooting us through walls?

Maybe it is about time Halo starts using Dedicated servers over the Peer to Peer system.

> > > > There are no ‘servers’ that are getting tweaked, considering Reach is ran on peer to peer networking, the only reason for lag is either your connection, the host’s connection, or problems on yours/the hosts ISP’s end.
> > > >
> > > > Just a spot of bad luck I’m afraid.
> > >
> > > But it’s been over a week -_-
> > > Then again, I keep getting ranged up with Americans while me and my friend are from Belgium and the Netherlands.
> >
> > That might be the reasoning behind it :confused:
>
> The strange thing is that on average we find 0 to 2 people living in Europe but there is always, over and over 1 American player in the game (or Canadian).
> How can we make it so we only find people from the EU so we won’t get stuck with super laggy games were people keep shooting us through walls?
>
> Maybe it is about time Halo starts using Dedicated servers over the Peer to Peer system.

Sadly not, although I’d like to see Dedicated Server, it isn’t happening for Halo 4, heck, I wouldn’t expect it on Halo for a long time.

> There are no ‘servers’ that are getting tweaked, considering Reach is ran on peer to peer networking, the only reason for lag is either your connection, the host’s connection, or problems on yours/the hosts ISP’s end.
>
> Just a spot of bad luck I’m afraid.

They aren’t peer to peer. P2p does not have hosts. It’s host/client and yes there seem to be huge problems in the system determining hosts for games. I live in the states and only enjoy te occasional game without lag these days. I have Comcast 30down 5up. It was always great before and just gone to -Yoink- more recently.

> For the past few days I have had nothing but laggy games over MM especially in Team Swat.
> This is really starting to piss me off as the frequency of trades is ridicolous, on top of that I get shot through walls or my shots simply are not registering, add teleporting people and you have a fiesta of pure annoying gameplay.
> And I’m not the only one, my friend has 120mb/s dl and 20 mb/s upload and even he is experiencing lag.
>
> According to some people 343 is tweaking the servers for H4 resulting in lag in Halo Reach but that sounds a bit far fetched.
> Can I get any clarification?
> Btw I have 30mb/s dl and 5mb/s upload, fastest of my country (yeah I know terrible but it should be enough for gaming) and I use a 100 mb/s cable connected straight to my router.

What does your upstream bandwidth show on Reach? Mine is constantly showing red while nat is open and packet/loss is excellent. I speedtest my connection multiple times daily and have had my ISP run tests and they say all equipment and speeds are running like they should. I know my dl and up should be more than sufficient but I can seem to get Reach to recognize there is no problem with my upstream. Anyone know more about this?

They should just make dedicated servers, peer to peer sucks hard.

> > For the past few days I have had nothing but laggy games over MM especially in Team Swat.
> > This is really starting to piss me off as the frequency of trades is ridicolous, on top of that I get shot through walls or my shots simply are not registering, add teleporting people and you have a fiesta of pure annoying gameplay.
> > And I’m not the only one, my friend has 120mb/s dl and 20 mb/s upload and even he is experiencing lag.
> >
> > According to some people 343 is tweaking the servers for H4 resulting in lag in Halo Reach but that sounds a bit far fetched.
> > Can I get any clarification?
> > Btw I have 30mb/s dl and 5mb/s upload, fastest of my country (yeah I know terrible but it should be enough for gaming) and I use a 100 mb/s cable connected straight to my router.
>
> What does your upstream bandwidth show on Reach? Mine is constantly showing red while nat is open and packet/loss is excellent. I speedtest my connection multiple times daily and have had my ISP run tests and they say all equipment and speeds are running like they should. I know my dl and up should be more than sufficient but I can seem to get Reach to recognize there is no problem with my upstream. Anyone know more about this?

sorry to say i can’t help with the problem but i am having the exact same issues and i have 30mb dl and 5 up as well.

I’ve noticed this too. It seemed to start when 343 took over, so I think their servers are slow. Then again, like whatshisface said, Halo works on a player-to-player hosting system (unfortunately) so maybe the internet is just getting crappier. If that’s possible. Global warming or some crap.

In agreement here. I’m on a 100mb down/20mb up connection, and the connection quality has been AWFUL. If Halo 4 is anything like what 343 turned Reach into, I’m done with the series for good. Horrible.