Increase Ammo Capacity In Campaign

One of my biggest bugbears with 343 campaigns has been how little ammo you can carry at a time. It was a problem in Halo 4 and it got even worse in Halo 5. I can understand lowering ammo capacity in multiplayer, that I don’t have problem with, but in campaign, you often end up only using weapons you can find ammo for rather than using them based on the situation at hand.

Battery based weapons are thrown away with almost comical regularity, and even a few small encounters can leave you wondering where half your ammo went. Stack that on top of some bullet sponge enemies(which I don’t mind necessarily provided I am given the ammo to deal with them.) and sometimes I wonder if I turned the famine skull on by mistake. Later Bungie era Halo games drastically lowered the ammo compared to CE on average, but not to the same degree and they were still better about providing easy to find ammo at fair intervals.

I am of the mind that ammo, especially for basic weapons, should only be an issue as a result of poor aim. Obviously you shouldn’t trip over rocket launchers, but at the same time I don’t feel like I should end an encounter scrounging for common ammo after playing well. Naturally, difficulty multipliers like skulls are an exception, but this thread is about the core campaign experience.

CE, despite how generous it is with both ammo capacity and ammo availability, still manages to be tense and challenging. Dealing with an encounter in a multitude of ways is the interesting part of gameplay. I don’t think scrounging around for ammo or just giving up and using whatever the common enemy type is using adds anything to core gameplay.

It bothers me that a Spartan, wearing POWERED ARMOR, can carry, at most, four or five magazines for their rifles. Where’s the canon logic in that? You should be able to carry like, a thousand rounds plus on your armor, not to mention a dozen plus grenades. So if nothing else I’d like to see this corrected, just for the feeling. Being able to carry a UNSC weapon through an entire mission would be great too. Or if they’re going to do that let me keep the weapons I had in the last level like you can do sometimes in Halo 3?
It would also be cool to see those old magazine packs come back. You remember the ones from CE? That we never saw again after maybe 2? Having those back would be great.

One of my favorite things in a good shooter campaign is being able to pick up a weapon and use it throughout the whole campaign, if I want to. Previous Halo games did this, and so did other titles like Gears of War. I’d love to be able to pick up a Carbine or a Lightrifle and take with with me everywhere in Halo Infinite.

> 2533274978553590;3:
> One of my favorite things in a good shooter campaign is being able to pick up a weapon and use it throughout the whole campaign, if I want to. Previous Halo games did this, and so did other titles like Gears of War. I’d love to be able to pick up a Carbine or a Lightrifle and take with with me everywhere in Halo Infinite.

I agree for the most part, the only caveat I would add is that I don’t have an issue with taking a player out of their comfort zone from time to time. Levels like The Arbiter, The Oracle, and Gravemind taking players away from any UNSC weapon and forcing them to utilize weapons from a part of the sandbox they might not have otherwise touched.

That being said, I don’t think that shallow ammo reserves should ever be a motivator for trying new things.

> 2533274978553590;3:
> One of my favorite things in a good shooter campaign is being able to pick up a weapon and use it throughout the whole campaign, if I want to. Previous Halo games did this, and so did other titles like Gears of War. I’d love to be able to pick up a Carbine or a Lightrifle and take with with me everywhere in Halo Infinite.

Not once could i do this in any Halo game without almost never using it. Whenever i use it extensively i run out of ammo and can never find anymore, thus i have to pick up another weapon i don’t like. Also if i recall correctly some Halo games didn’t even allow you to carry weapons to the next mission. Hopefully in Halo 6 they will make it so there is plenty of ammo for the guns you like without having to fire them only once per mission to save ammo AND allow you to carry the weapon over to the next mission.

The only problem I’ve ever had with this is on Legendary, but I’ve had this problem with every campaign on Legendary at some point. If you aren’t running out of ammo on Legendary, you are either a late descendant of Nak3d Eli or a paid liar. I’ve genuinely not had this issue playing on lower difficulties in any Halo game.

Make the assault rifle 60 round mag again, even if only for campaign and forge :slight_smile:

> 2533274825960614;5:
> > 2533274978553590;3:
> > One of my favorite things in a good shooter campaign is being able to pick up a weapon and use it throughout the whole campaign, if I want to. Previous Halo games did this, and so did other titles like Gears of War. I’d love to be able to pick up a Carbine or a Lightrifle and take with with me everywhere in Halo Infinite.
>
> Not once could i do this in any Halo game without almost never using it. Whenever i use it extensively i run out of ammo and can never find anymore, thus i have to pick up another weapon i don’t like. Also if i recall correctly some Halo games didn’t even allow you to carry weapons to the next mission. Hopefully in Halo 6 they will make it so there is plenty of ammo for the guns you like without having to fire them only once per mission to save ammo AND allow you to carry the weapon over to the next mission.

Maybe not the whole campaign, but I remember that in Halo CE the missions were really long and you could carry the same weapon throughout the whole mission. This was thanks to plentiful and generous ammo packs, as well as the Covenant always dropping their weapons.

I also remember how in Halo 2, lots of missions were split into pairs. Outskirts and Metropolis, The Arbiter and The Oracle, Delta Halo and Regret, etc. In these missions, I could bring my weapons from the “part 1” mission into the “part 2.” I could pick up Fuel Rod Cannons during the Banshee section of the Arbiter, bring them into The Oracle, and give it to one of the grunts, just for fun.

I agree with giving more ammo to players at the beginning of a level, but that is such a minor complaint that I doubt 343 will address it :frowning: