Inconsistency Problems? Spawns and Map-Movement

It feels like I’m having multiple bad games in a row… then I’ll have a couple of fantastic games, then back to having bad games. What is going on?

With Halo 5, it honestly feels like the game puts certain players into bad positions off-spawn… in like 70% of the games, you have players going way positive, and then on the opposite spectrum, players going way negative, almost like the game likes to “victimize” these players. It happens VERY often… a noticeable trend.

I’m not saying this is always the case… but some games are a breeze, and some are filled with BS and beyond frustrating to try and get through. Spawning by dudes with Rockets/Shotguns, etc… them only being a few meters away, all-the-same. How can you minimize deaths in these situations? Also… in terms of just moving around the map. How can you be more consistent at being in the right places at the right time?

Thoughts?

The spawns have always been pretty awful in Halo 5, particularly in BTB. They often tend to spawn you next to a bunch of enemies or even right next to/inside their base. Also very frustrating in Warzone, when you click to spawn on a base and it spawns you a good sprint away from it in the open, despite the base not being contested at all. Very frustrating.

spawns are -Yoink- i feel you. BUT ASIDE FROM THAT. your not suppose to spawn in front of someone so when an emeny player looks at your supposed spawn you wont spawn there. its called blocking spawns. spawn traping. you name it. some people do this on purpose to get an edge. some people do it unintentionally and it creates weird spawns for the other team. some tips to fight this. always keep track of whose dead and what spawn time they have if you predict it right youll know when the spawn if you do it even better youll know WHERE they spawn. lets say you kill someone in blue sneaky on collisuiem hes going to spawn on red elbow but if someone is watching red elbow hell be forced to spawn in either his base or red cave. learn this and youll keep spawns under control. but remember your emeny always spawns diagnally across from you on the oppisite side of the map

> 2533274808719558;2:
> The spawns have always been pretty awful in Halo 5, particularly in BTB. They often tend to spawn you next to a bunch of enemies or even right next to/inside their base. Also very frustrating in Warzone, when you click to spawn on a base and it spawns you a good sprint away from it in the open, despite the base not being contested at all. Very frustrating.

I’m saying in Arena though… like there have been times where I’ve spawned Back-Base in Coliseum, I’ll sprint out by the flag podium trying to pick up the DMR (takes literally half-a-second off-spawn) and an enemy comes out of the woodwork and blasts me with a rocket. All well within like 1.5 seconds of spawning.

Sometimes in Warzone, it will spawn you at a Boss location with your allies no matter where you select as your spawn location.

I have also wondered if the game randomly chooses a team to “favor” because sometimes I am unstoppable (my shields seem to last forever) and sometimes I feel like I’m always a one-shot, no matter how on-my-game I am.

> 2533274873204041;5:
> Sometimes in Warzone, it will spawn you at a Boss location with your allies no matter where you select as your spawn location.
>
> I have also wondered if the game randomly chooses a team to “favor” because sometimes I am unstoppable (my shields seem to last forever) and sometimes I feel like I’m always a one-shot, no matter how on-my-game I am.

I will say that I think the spawns are so jacked due to the movement options in the game, and the limited radar… players can be out of the radar’s range and close the gap SUPER quickly with a simple thrust-jump. And by the time the game is done calculating a spawn, you spawn, and there’s a guy suddenly right on top of you.

I’m not familiar enough with Warzone to comment… I’ve played it a total of like 7 times.

Spawns in BTB are garbage, especially on Deadlock. I can’t even begin to count the number of times I was camping on my base with the Hydra and DMR and the whole enemy team spawned behind me. Extremely frustrating.

> 2533274808719558;2:
> The spawns have always been pretty awful in Halo 5, particularly in BTB. They often tend to spawn you next to a bunch of enemies or even right next to/inside their base. Also very frustrating in Warzone, when you click to spawn on a base and it spawns you a good sprint away from it in the open, despite the base not being contested at all. Very frustrating.

it does that because it spawns you on teammates in warzone and i -Yoinking!- hate it because most of the time they have no idea what they are doing and i get spawned in WAY away from where i want to go

> 2533274843498392;7:
> Spawns in BTB are garbage, especially on Deadlock. I can’t even begin to count the number of times I was camping on my base with the Hydra and DMR and the whole enemy team spawned behind me. Extremely frustrating.

This^

Being on the base used to be a strong point in Halo 3. It was always a good idea to have at least 1 (or 2 depending on the gametype) person up. It was also the most defensible position, and really gave the map some balance.

Now if you go up there, it’s a weak point. How can you defend your base when the enemies SPAWNS behind you? It’s not like the attacked the side and won. They just spawn behind you and since the radar is crap and the base is so large, you never have a chance to fight back. Unless you constantly check the back every so often.

> 2533274873580796;1:
> It feels like I’m having multiple bad games in a row… then I’ll have a couple of fantastic games, then back to having bad games. What is going on?
>
> With Halo 5, it honestly feels like the game puts certain players into bad positions off-spawn… in like 70% of the games, you have players going way positive, and then on the opposite spectrum, players going way negative, almost like the game likes to “victimize” these players. It happens VERY often… a noticeable trend.
>
> I’m not saying this is always the case… but some games are a breeze, and some are filled with BS and beyond frustrating to try and get through. Spawning by dudes with Rockets/Shotguns, etc… them only being a few meters away, all-the-same. How can you minimize deaths in these situations? Also… in terms of just moving around the map. How can you be more consistent at being in the right places at the right time?
>
> Thoughts?

With the low population it’s tough to get good consistent games skill set wise. Not to mention I am not convinced their skill ranking/matchmaking is all that good… not that they have a good pool of players to make games from any ways.