Incentivizing the Halo Campaign

I am planning on buying a physical disc copy of Halo Infinite at least. However, what’s the main motivation for why people on the fence should actually buy the game outside the actual campaign? Will the forge and theater modes be apart of the disc version of Halo Infinite? Or is there some special mode 343 has yet to mention to the community you all think will be in the game?

Honestly your guess is as good as ours. They haven’t said anything so

neither. The encentive is a combination of player single player and having access to campaign challenges/cosmetics you can only get in campaign (this has been confirmed to be a thing). They want to sell the campaign sure, but I think given MS’s view as game pass being the actual platform for Xbox, its more about getting people there. So if you are a ftp player and enjoy the game but want the campaign cosmetics or just want to play the campaign, you will sub to gp or buy the campaign.

It has not been confirmed but I find it unlikely forge, theater or some mode will be locked behind the campaign purchase outside the campaign itself. If they do something expansion relation like spartan ops 2.0 or campaign dlc then I can see it being locked behind the campaign access further down the line, but nothing at launch besides campaign challenges/cosmetics.

> 2533274811807878;2:
> Honestly your guess is as good as ours. They haven’t said anything so

True. And this not is actually funny. However, if I installed the disc version of Halo Infinite and just saw CAMPAIGN then I would laugh

No idea.

> 2533274840624875;3:
> neither. The encentive is a combination of player single player and having access to campaign challenges/cosmetics you can only get in campaign (this has been confirmed to be a thing). They want to sell the campaign sure, but I think given MS’s view as game pass being the actual platform for Xbox, its more about getting people there. So if you are a ftp player and enjoy the game but want the campaign cosmetics or just want to play the campaign, you will sub to gp or buy the campaign.
>
> It has not been confirmed but I find it unlikely forge, theater or some mode will be locked behind the campaign purchase outside the campaign itself. If they do something expansion relation like spartan ops 2.0 or campaign dlc then I can see it being locked behind the campaign access further down the line, but nothing at launch besides campaign challenges/cosmetics.

With the possibility of a campaign battlepass in addition to the multiplayer battlepass this makes sense. I am very excited about the Academy mode.

It was mentioned that there will be a few campaign related unlocks in Infinite multiplayer.

Beyond that I doubt buying the campaign will include any content besides the campaign. 343 is doubling down on making the experience equal for everyone so they wouldn’t lock features like forge or theater beyond a paywall (the community would go nuclear).

From a financial standpoint, 343 is going to make an absolute killing off of the battle passes like every other studio. There isn’t as much incentive to try to get people to buy the campaign.

True fans will buy the campaign for the story, and people who aren’t interested don’t need to.

If you install a game from a disc there’s always little information on the disc itself because games are just to big. For example I bought MCC on disc years ago and when installing it grabbed 10GB from the disc and downloaded the remaining 110GB (lol) online.

If the question is will only people that buy the campaign get access to forge and theatre, I think it’s a part of the free package because for 343i and us it’s better to have as many players as possible invest in the development of the game.

for a discussion about how much is the campaign worth and what should come with it there is already a great topic on the forum =)

I’ve never really been a campaign player, but if there were campaign-specific challenges that could unlock cool cosmetics for MP (and just generally add depth to the overall experience) I’d definitely get it.

> 2535431933064458;9:
> I’ve never really been a campaign player, but if there were campaign-specific challenges that could unlock cool cosmetics for MP (and just generally add depth to the overall experience) I’d definitely get it.

I read there will be certain unlocks in campaign that can be used in multiplayer.

> 2535422212492174;8:
> If you install a game from a disc there’s always little information on the disc itself because games are just to big. For example I bought MCC on disc years ago and when installing it grabbed 10GB from the disc and downloaded the remaining 110GB (lol) online.
>
> If the question is will only people that buy the campaign get access to forge and theatre, I think it’s a part of the free package because for 343i and us it’s better to have as many players as possible invest in the development of the game.
>
> for a discussion about how much is the campaign worth and what should come with it there is already a great topic on the forum =)

With Halo Infinite being the most expansive and open campaign yet do you think that the campaign sandbox elements sell themselves besides the linear story within the world? In other words do you think there will more to do within the world of Zeta Halo besides the actual campaign?

> 2535473509360653;11:
> > 2535422212492174;8:
> > If you install a game from a disc there’s always little information on the disc itself because games are just to big. For example I bought MCC on disc years ago and when installing it grabbed 10GB from the disc and downloaded the remaining 110GB (lol) online.
> >
> > If the question is will only people that buy the campaign get access to forge and theatre, I think it’s a part of the free package because for 343i and us it’s better to have as many players as possible invest in the development of the game.
> >
> > for a discussion about how much is the campaign worth and what should come with it there is already a great topic on the forum =)
>
> With Halo Infinite being the most expansive and open campaign yet do you think that the campaign sandbox elements sell themselves besides the linear story within the world? In other words do you think there will more to do within the world of Zeta Halo besides the actual campaign?

Yes I truly do. The fact that the missions are based on a landscape in comparison to a route between invisible walls means they can easily reuse it for additional content like challenges or campaign scenarios.
For example it would be very easy to simulate a flood outbreak on zeta. You take a part of the ring that’s already in the campaign and load it with a story in which the banished unlocked a flood chamber to stop the master chief, add the flood and go play it out.

Note that I’m not a game designer, but from a sandbox standpoint this should be much easier with the open world format :wink:

I’m hoping the first year of Battle Passes are included when you purchase the campaign.

I wouldn’t want Free to Play gamers to be locked out of Forge, Firefight or whatever. Giving us free battle passes in addition to the campaign (and special cosmetics associated with the campaign) sounds like a great tradeoff

> 2592250499819446;10:
> > 2535431933064458;9:
> > I’ve never really been a campaign player, but if there were campaign-specific challenges that could unlock cool cosmetics for MP (and just generally add depth to the overall experience) I’d definitely get it.
>
> I read there will be certain unlocks in campaign that can be used in multiplayer.

Yes that is what I heard to. This will provide longevity to the game over the course of the next decade. Plus, I am really sure DLCs/campaign battlepass content will be included as well.