In with the equipment, Out with the Armor abilities

SCREW AA’s!
EQUIPMENT WAS FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
can i get an amen?

I proudly support the No AAs but I wouldnt mind equipment either so Amen

I think that we should at least keep AAs for custom games.

> I think that we should at least keep AAs for custom games.

That’s the only place they belong. IF they return, they better not be in matchmaking. I really really don’t like AA’s, but I’d be okay with 343 bringing them back as long as it’s not in any multiplayer matchmaking playlists. FF is okay, and so is campaign. But NOT multiplayer matchmaking.

> I think that we should at least keep AAs for custom games.

u mean we should keep the jetpack for custom games? cause i agree with you.
BRING JETPACK BACK IN AS EQUIPMENT! it will have fuel this time. 3 times as much as 1 recharge does in reach. happy now?
as for evade and sprint, why should one need an armor atachment to do either of the tasks?
let elites do evade, and spartans can sprint.

> > I think that we should at least keep AAs for custom games.
>
> That’s the only place they belong. IF they return, they better not be in matchmaking. I really really don’t like AA’s, but I’d be okay with 343 bringing them back as long as it’s not in any multiplayer matchmaking playlists. FF is okay, and so is campaign. But NOT multiplayer matchmaking.

No No No, just let us start with equipment on spawn. forget all this AA crap forever!
in FF and campaign, we will have sprint as a game mechanic. we can sprint while holding any equipment.
In campaign and firefight, you can still use your beloved jetpack. either by a loadout, and once you run out of fuel you can pick it up fuel from dead enemies!

I doesn’t matter. People will find something to complain about either way. When Halo 3 came out, everyone hated Equipment, and now that Reach is out with AAs, everyone loves them. However they change it, they aren’t going to please everyone.

> I doesn’t matter. People will find something to complain about either way. When Halo 3 came out, everyone hated Equipment, and now that Reach is out with AAs, everyone loves them. However they change it, they aren’t going to please everyone.

Could not of said this better myself. Its been this way since the launch of Halo 2.

> No No No, just let us start with equipment on spawn. forget all this AA crap forever!

To allow us to spawn with equipment instead of AA’s does not create balance and solve the issue with AA’s, and instead would just create AA’s 2.0, minus the infinite uses of course.

> > I think that we should at least keep AAs for custom games.
>
> u mean we should keep the jetpack for custom games? cause i agree with you.
> BRING JETPACK BACK IN AS EQUIPMENT! it will have fuel this time. 3 times as much as 1 recharge does in reach. happy now?
> as for evade and sprint, why should one need an armor atachment to do either of the tasks?
> let elites do evade, and spartans can sprint.

Just bring them back in the form of destroyable one time grav lifts again if they must return in one form or another. Also according to the manual for Reach, sprint is a “hack” for the suit to allow the user to move quicker. Evade isn’t entirely described but I’d imagine it’s for the same reason.

> > I doesn’t matter. People will find something to complain about either way. When Halo 3 came out, everyone hated Equipment, and now that Reach is out with AAs, everyone loves them. However they change it, they aren’t going to please everyone.
>
> Could not of said this better myself. Its been this way since the launch of Halo 2.

true.

I actually respectfully disagree, for the most part. I really understood Bungie’s logic on moving away from the Halo3 equipment system and into something like the Armor Abilities in Reach. I found, as they did, that when most people had any given piece of equipment, they would wait and wait for just the perfect moment to use it, which seldom showed itself, leading to most people dropping to the dirt, equipment clutched in their cold, dead hands.

It seemed to me that the only time equipment found regular usage was as an occasional way for an enemy to weasel his way out of an honorable death.

Now, it is entirely possible that all of your experiences vary widely from mine and that’s just fine with me.

AAs are by no means the perfect solution, however, but I liked the thought behind it of trying to make things a little more thought-out and giving a greater sense of co-operative teamwork and would like to see that tactical side cultivated in the Halo franchise.

I do think Sprint should be standard fare, though, just seems logical to me but I am excited to see everything that 343 has in store for us.

In the Halo books, as long as the armor was functioning, the Spartans could sprint anytime, anywhere. I don’t see why its needed as a AA ‘hack’.

AA’s make the game more interesting. Simple as that. It adds strategy to the game.

For those who will jump down my throat saying “NO IT DUZENT IT IS CRUTCH FOAR BAD KIDZ TO WIN TEHR GAIMZ!” just listen to me. Yes, a few less-able players will definitely use the AA’s to help them play better, but I’m pretty sure that’s what everybody uses them for. They add strategy in that all players can approach each situation in a different way, instead of just run run run shoot shoot shoot.

And idc what anybody says, but if those "BK"s were really so bad, you’d be able to beat them regardless of what AA they use, so AA’s wouldn’t bother you. If you want a Halo 3 experience, play Halo 3. AA’s have been established. I really don’t see them being removed completely from the Halo franchise.

> > > I doesn’t matter. People will find something to complain about either way. When Halo 3 came out, everyone hated Equipment, and now that Reach is out with AAs, everyone loves them. However they change it, they aren’t going to please everyone.
> >
> > Could not of said this better myself. Its been this way since the launch of Halo 2.
>
> true.

Amen to both OP and you

Enjoy your new favorite thread!

Halo AA Debate: AA’s as pick-up vs Loadout vs AA removal