In regards to the Precursors

String 37 - He struggles to give voice to so many alien thoughts—in the language he knows, using the words he is familiar with. “The Precursors lived in many shapes, flesh and spirit, primitive and advanced, spacefaring and locked to their worlds . . . Evolved over and over again, died away, were reborn, explored, and seeded many galaxies . . . This I was told. I understand little."

This pretty heavy line… I’ve had that thought. Does this make us Precursors? The Precursors lived in many shapes, flesh and spirit, primitive and advanced, spacefaring and locked to their worlds… - Does this make us all Precursors? Given that another line seeded many galaxies. If that is so, then would that make all species Precursors? I’m just wondering.

I doubt it. After all, the Forerunners hunted down the Precursors. Perhaps each species shares some common DNA that may be Precursor in origin, after all everything had to come from one common ancestor. Who better than extragalactic aliens?

I think that in certain eras of time they all would take a different form and act similar yet different. Who knows, maybe they will answer this in a future game or book.

Reading that, and the Forerunner trilogy, it just seemed like that to me. Then again it’s just me. I’m just wondering from what you think about that, guys.

Becoming the next gen of precursors is probably what happens when somebody passes the test of the Mantle.

Sort of like the xel’naga from SC.

> Becoming the next gen of precursors is probably what happens when somebody passes the test of the Mantle.

That was what i came to think as well.