In Real Life....

You know one thing I never like(d) about Halo is that the weapons never seem as powerful as they really are. Plasma seems weaker then a BB gun, Guns barely touch enemies, Bullets seem weak, etc.

Anyone realize that Plasma Weapons would probably melt through tank armor? A Single Fuel Rod could destroy several layers of metal and if a marine were to get too many needles in them the explosion would probably be enough to kill/wound several people around him.

A Wraith Shot would turn a modern tank into dust and don’t forget Covenant do have advanced optics and aim. Banshees would rip apart flesh and armor.

And if you wanna talk nasty a Spiker would literally be a living Torture Machine. Hot metal spikes ripping apart flesh, Seeing a person being shot with that would scare someone enough for them to go into shock.

You’re talking about a future weapon taking on a modern one. The unsc is 500 years more advance than us.

Well, maybe we can see that in H4. Remember that the way the things work on Reach is quite limited by the maximun rendiment of the Xbox. If it were like The Fall of Reach, where Solomon got shot once by a plasma pistol and his chest was perforated, it would be cool though.

So you’ve tested plasma weapons against armored tanks in real life? I would love to find out more about your field of expertise. >.<

> You know one thing I never like(d) about Halo is that the weapons never seem as powerful as they really are. Plasma seems weaker then a BB gun, Guns barely touch enemies, Bullets seem weak, etc.
>
>
> Anyone realize that Plasma Weapons would probably melt through tank armor? A Single Fuel Rod could destroy several layers of metal and if a marine were to get too many needles in them the explosion would probably be enough to kill/wound several people around him.
>
> A Wraith Shot would turn a modern tank into dust and don’t forget Covenant do have advanced optics and aim. Banshees would rip apart flesh and armor.
>
> And if you wanna talk nasty a Spiker would literally be a living Torture Machine. Hot metal spikes ripping apart flesh, Seeing a person being shot with that would scare someone enough for them to go into shock.

The weapons as they are seen in the game do not, in any way, represent how they function in the Halo fiction. Read any Halo book, and the weapons function more in the manner you would expect.

> So you’ve tested plasma weapons against armored tanks in real life? I would love to find out more about your field of expertise. >.<

The books.

In Ghosts of Onyx, plasma weapons can burn a hole through a Forerunner wall… made of onyx.

I agree, the games have pathetic Covie weaponry compared to the books, and possibly even real life.

> > So you’ve tested plasma weapons against armored tanks in real life? I would love to find out more about your field of expertise. >.<
>
> The books.
>
> In Ghosts of Onyx, plasma weapons can burn a hole through a Forerunner wall… made of onyx.
>
> I agree, the games have pathetic Covie weaponry compared to the books, and possibly even real life.

This is for balance issues. Even the UNSC weapons in the games are nerfed compared to their expanded fiction counter parts.

If any of the Halo weapons functioned in the games like they do in the books, the game would be very different, likely very boring.