In-game voting data should NOT determine map changes.

Bungie’s stated before that the main thing they use to determine what gametypes and maps get changed, altered, or removed in matchmaking is the in-game voting data, not the forums. I disagree with this; in-game voting data should never be the major factor in determining these things. People actually playing the game don’t vote for what map or gametype is really the most balanced or fair map or gametype. They vote based on how many kills they can get, or how unevenly balanced something is in hopes of getting the team that gets the advantage.

Take Living Dead. Before Pinnacle was removed, so many people chose Pinnacle. Did that mean that it was the best map for both humans and zombies? No, it meant that humans could get the most kills. Therefore, everyone picked that in hopes of getting chosen as a human.

In Squad Slayer, maps like Zealot and Powerhouse typically get chosen less than maps like Countdown. Countdown has a very top-heavy focus, and it’s nearly impossible to regain the top level once the enemy team has control of all the CQC weapons. Yet people still choose it. Why? Because they want to gamble on whether or not they’ll take control of the top level after the initial opening rush.

In-game voting data should never determine what maps or gametypes stay or go. It would be a different story if everyone who played Reach picked the maps or gametypes based on their real value, but sadly, this isn’t the case.

I wouldnt worry. As you said pinnacle was an unbalanced map that was played a lot. It was removed. Therefore they dont just base it solely on how many people play it.

I honestly think that the voting system needs to be removed completely, not only does it give false data, but it makes it so the only one game type on one map get picked every match.

You have to realize that just because the matches you play seem to be the same ones doesnt mean that there arent thousands of other matches playing on different maps. There is no way to know if the voting system works unless you have all the data.

> Bungie’s stated before that the main thing they use to determine what gametypes and maps get changed, altered, or removed in matchmaking is the in-game voting data, not the forums. I disagree with this; in-game voting data should never be the major factor in determining these things. People actually playing the game don’t vote for what map or gametype is really the most balanced or fair map or gametype. They vote based on how many kills they can get, or how unevenly balanced something is in hopes of getting the team that gets the advantage.
>
> Take Living Dead. Before Pinnacle was removed, so many people chose Pinnacle. Did that mean that it was the best map for both humans and zombies? No, it meant that humans could get the most kills. Therefore, everyone picked that in hopes of getting chosen as a human.
>
> In Squad Slayer, maps like Zealot and Powerhouse typically get chosen less than maps like Countdown. Countdown has a very top-heavy focus, and it’s nearly impossible to regain the top level once the enemy team has control of all the CQC weapons. Yet people still choose it. Why? Because they want to gamble on whether or not they’ll take control of the top level after the initial opening rush.
>
> In-game voting data should never determine what maps or gametypes stay or go. It would be a different story if everyone who played Reach picked the maps or gametypes based on their real value, but sadly, this isn’t the case.

I think you misunderstood Bungie.

Voting data is not the “main thing they use” it’s just another tool more useful to them than Forum feedback.

This information is processed along side heat maps, and game stats and all kinds of things to draw accurate conclusions. For more accurate than asking thousands of different forum goers what they prefer.

I hate Swordbase because it’s a bad map, good in campaign but in multiplayer it’s unfair but mostly because it bores me having to walk up every bridge in the map to get to where I need to be. Yet the reason I always vote for it on Infection is that I know if I’m a human I’m going to get loads of kills by camping which will earn me loads of credits.