In Game Quitting

Is it me or does it seem that more and more people quit the 4 on 4 Slayer games? It sucks to lose but it sucks worse when it becomes a 2 or 3 vs. 4 and you lose. I would like to see a way when you lose in this type of lopsided contest, when people on your team quit, the loss does not count against you. I understand there are some players who can overcome this type of match, heck some can probably win a 1 vs. 4, but these quitters are costing people victories. I do not wish anything be taken away from the winning side, but the losing side with the quitters being punished and the remaining players getting a pass?..Ideas?

I also realize sometimes you get kicked out because of internet losses, etc. but when you can clearly see they quit and are playing another match, these people need to take some heat for leaving their assigned team members hanging.

Thanks for listening.

A lot of people feel this is (and has aways been) a big problem. I suggested that a player leaving would get the result of the match added to his stats ie a loss if the team lost.

Unless you care about your win percentage, I don’t think it matters that much for social games. In ranked, they need some type of penalty or else people would start abusing that in order to not penalize their CSR ranks.

You’re not the only one that happens to me to play 4v4 and at the moment we are about to lose or win abandon the game making it the frustrating game

Sometimes I quit when I deal with lag, and just being a Australian

But I don’t quit Ranked, I’m not that harshBut it frustrates me the most when as a solo player, I always get paired with kids who have their heads in the clouds, had a Level 150 guy who only got 1 kill the whole match and he was a diamond player

I never ever, ever, ever, EVER like it when people rage quit or quit for NO reason. I mean who does. If your a person who rage quits, news flash you’re probably not good at the game and that’s why you do so.

Looks like I am not the only one then. I am more concerned about playing and enjoying it in Social and War Zone but in Arena, I am trying to win. People quitting suck!

Again, thanks for the comments.

Drives absolutely bananas when allies leave because you’re down 10 points. They’re also usually the ones at the bottom of the leaderboard.

If you’re frustrated cause you aren’t doing well don’t quit. Cause then you’ve doomed the rest of your team to fail.

However it is satisfying to pull your team to victory with only 1 or 2 teammates though.

I love how everyone just assumes people rage quit or quit for no reason because the match isn’t going their way. If I’m playing ranked and I hear a family member got shot I’m not going to try and finish the match, I’m going to leave the game and rush to the hospital. It could also be connection issues, I was playing ranked once and my xbox disconnected from the internet for 10 minutes. As soon as I was able to sign back into xbox live I receive a hate message “Why’d you rage quit ***?” Or it can be the problem that I have constantly with my xbox it just turns itself off for no reason, most of the time in the middle of a match. What I’m trying to say is, next time when a player leaves a match don’t assume, ask them why they left.

The truth is…
Quitters Ruin Arena!!!
I think if there was some type of reputation system in place?
Basically, players will have a reputation of quitting, and maybe there could be some type of choice in matchmaking, that you can choose from to only play with players at this reputation or higher…?
We all quit from time to time for many reasons.
Maybe this is something 343 can consider adding into Halo 6???

It can get really annoying when people quit and it can ruin the experience for people

xBaller 4 Lyfex - I did mention connection issues or other circumstances that can’t be helped. It is more directed at the intentional quitters I emphasized. I understand where you are coming from.

> 2535414088048761;1:
> Is it me or does it seem that more and more people quit the 4 on 4 Slayer games? It sucks to lose but it sucks worse when it becomes a 2 or 3 vs. 4 and you lose. I would like to see a way when you lose in this type of lopsided contest, when people on your team quit, the loss does not count against you. I understand there are some players who can overcome this type of match, heck some can probably win a 1 vs. 4, but these quitters are costing people victories. I do not wish anything be taken away from the winning side, but the losing side with the quitters being punished and the remaining players getting a pass?..Ideas?
>
> I also realize sometimes you get kicked out because of internet losses, etc. but when you can clearly see they quit and are playing another match, these people need to take some heat for leaving their assigned team members hanging.
>
> Thanks for listening.

I honestly hate crap like that; no worse was the time back in 2011, Reach, Swat on Pinnacle. These three guys on the other team, two guys, one girl were just harassing me like I shot their dog or something despite I never met them before but they swear up and down that I was some b***h that was talking crap to them several games before (despite this was my first game of the day). Their one team mate got one kill and then left and our two team mates quit after each getting one kill leaving it a 2v3. We didn’t do too bad, I had 23 kills, my brother had 17, the final score was 42-50 in their favor.

To this day I’m still confused but hey, I still didn’t do too bad; was one of my best games. It honestly sucks when things like this happen, but I suppose it’s great motivational material when you somehow come out on top!

I don’t quit for nothing… till my last breath I’ll carry on…(I have had to run to the restroom and came back to the “wake up John” screen)

I think that if someone abandons or disconnects from a match, they should be forced to rejoin it to finish, even if they join customs, only applies to ranked as social has JIP. If they offend repeatedly, they should have a longer queue time, similar to discouragement functions like that in some forum sites’ back-end. People will quit but it helps discourage leaving.

MOBAs have been using this system and it seems to work pretty well. Can’t hurt to try.

Another option is to have the remaining players’ MMR affected but their CSR is not. Then, for Matchmaking reasons and to prevent CSR boosting, the game takes the mid point of the upper bound of the MMR and CSR (everything above halfway) to match the player with players their skill level.

> 2535414088048761;1:
> Is it me or does it seem that more and more people quit the 4 on 4 Slayer games? It sucks to lose but it sucks worse when it becomes a 2 or 3 vs. 4 and you lose. I would like to see a way when you lose in this type of lopsided contest, when people on your team quit, the loss does not count against you. I understand there are some players who can overcome this type of match, heck some can probably win a 1 vs. 4, but these quitters are costing people victories. I do not wish anything be taken away from the winning side, but the losing side with the quitters being punished and the remaining players getting a pass?..Ideas?
>
> I also realize sometimes you get kicked out because of internet losses, etc. but when you can clearly see they quit and are playing another match, these people need to take some heat for leaving their assigned team members hanging.
>
> Thanks for listening.

Yeah, it’s no fun when someone working with you just decides to leave and give up. My advice for those players? Finish the game and if you lose, try another match. It’s more fun to accept your loss than to let pride overtake you. I know its not fun if you keep losing, so the best thing I can say about that is to keep practicing.

Thank you to all who responded and gave inputs. Good luck to all of you out their playing and staying until the fight is finished!!!

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

> 2535414088048761;1:
>
>
> Thanks for listening.

Problem is that make people quit more. For example if you know you’re going to lose you have one team mate quit first then the rest of your squad could quit without losing rank. Then the next time your squad is going to lose you just have someone else quit first.

I quit games, and no force on heaven or earth can stop me.

Last night my buddy and I were matched against 3 high ranking diamond players in slayer. It matched a team of 4 high diamonds against us(im high plat/low diamond, my buddy is like plat 2) 3 games in a row and each game was a blowout. Like 25 to 50.

When it matched us the 3rd time…I quit.

I don’t care what the penalty is. I give zero -Yoinks!-. I played the two times against them, knowing full well the second time would be a slaughter. I played anyways.

I don’t mind rematches when the score was close. But 25 to 50? Thats a stomping. A brutal beat down.

The 3rd game when it matched us with them again I hit the home button, selected the game and hit quit.Rebooted the game and was happily playing another appropriately skilled match in a few minutes.

In past Halos, the one who was the worst player on your team you had to beg for them to leave so you can have a better chance to come back and win it. In Halo 5, it’s the exact opposite now if anyone leaves you lose. It’s the change in weapons and the spawning where the enemy will spawn behind you like in CoD that has it all changed. I remember that if you were down by 10-15, have your worst guy leave and you have a good shot at coming back especially if the other team has someone who kept pushing non stop.