In co-op campaign, can the other players...

In co-op campaign, the other players should play as their own custom spartan IVs instead of Master Chief clones. In a video from game informer, they mentioned that in campaign the other players will be Chief clones, which I never thought was a great idea. Ever since the first Halo I thought it was better to play as your own customized spartan than another Chief, even in Halo 2 the second player was another Chief or Arbiter. Not until Halo 3 and Reach could you play as a different character besides a clone of player 1. What do you guys think, do you want to play as your own custom spartan or you`re OK with bringing back the Chief clone?

I totally agree, I think Chief clones are stupid and lazy. I loved the multiple characters in Halo 3 and love playing as your own spartan in Reach even more.

I’m ok with chief clones.

Plus how will the spartan 4s, that we use in multiplayer etc, be implemented into the campaign anyway wouldn’t it destroy the canon? Because firstly chief is by himself on whats left of the FoA.

Chief clones aren’t part of the cannon either and anyways the other player was never explained in story except for Halo 3 because the second player was the Arbiter.

> I totally agree, I think Chief clones are stupid and lazy. I loved the multiple characters in Halo 3 and love playing as your own spartan in Reach even more.

If they did allow custom Spartans, it’d be cool.

But if they don’t, I won’t worry about it too much. I go solo most of the time anyway.

Could have phrased that better…

Agreed.
Even if there’s no explanation for SIV’s being on FUD, it’s better than clones.

Friendly dinos would’ve made even more sense; they were your co-op buddies in Halo 3 up til the end so it’d make sense if they stowed away too. But given there’s no playable Elites inexplicable SIV’s would be the easier alternative, assuming their models are the same as the chief’s. Which, in terms of fiction shouldn’t be the same size considering the SIV’s got augmentations as adults not as kids, but whatever.

They should all be SPARTAN-1337 instead.