Improving Halo

Below I have included 14 points of what I think would really improve halo. Please if your going to add or disagree to any of my points, explain yourself. Don’t just say no your wrong. I would also like to add something before this becomes an argument about which halo is better. Yes Halo Reach sold the most games BUT that doesn’t mean it was the best game. The reason it did so well was because of the success of Halo 3. AND Halo 3 sold so well because of Halo 2.

1. One of the most important points 343 needs to take into halo 4 is that the best maps are always symmetrical. The Pit is a perfect example. The first 30 seconds of a game are very important and a symmetrical map allows both teams to reach the all important power weapons at the same time. Also spawns are not biased. Each side of the map should also be color coded.

2.If 343 improved the shot registration of the battle rifle then the game would already be quite successful. The only people who complain about the battle riffle mostly are the people who couldn’t use it! The three shot burst showed which player had better consistent accuracy yet didn’t take away from the pace of play. Leading your shots also challenged the player based on the situation. You were required to adjust your shots based on distance and direction. This also allowed the strafe to be more influential. The only reason people didn’t like Halo 3 at a competitive level was the lack of registration. Fix that and your golden.

3.As for cheating/boosting…Halo 3 and Halo 2 too many people cheated for their levels… 343 should have a group of people specifically looking at the players level 40 and up. Does it really matter getting cheated at level 30/20… no! The true competitors who put the constant hours in to achieve something in the game should be protected more carefully. I recommend that 343 hires players who play consistently at a high level to notify them of cheating threats. In halo 3 I played close to 5000 games on my 50 in team slayer… I could name every cheater in the game. Did any of them get banned??? No! Had I worked for Bungie at the time, literally thousands more people would still be currently playing Halo 3. The File Complaint function is a joke. Too many people don’t know when their actually being cheated; so thousands of useless complaints cloud the true cheaters!

1. As this game is a sequel to halo 3 it wouldn’t make sense for the game to relate to halo reach.

2. The true Skill must be included but only in a ranked or competitive zone. People looking to just have fun and play casually should be given the option to do so.

3. The veto system should be similar to the one in Halo Reach, giving the players more of a variety.

4. Players should be given the option of whether they want to hear or be heard during ranked games. Especially in Free for all playlists. Similar to the mute system in Halo This alone will increase the number of rivalries and the competitiveness of the game. Allowing for a tournament type feel.

5. As many objects to build with in forge as possible without money restrictions.

9.Regions or callouts should be made on the maps by 343. Appearing on your screen as you enter the region. This will not only speed up the development of the competitiveness, it will also help those players who arrive late to the game. Callouts shouldn’t just be knowledge of the more advanced players. LOL “Where’s Training?”

1. Stick to the Red vs Blue. A huge difference between the COD franchise and Halo Franchise is the pace. A huge reason Halo is fast paced and exciting to not on play but watch is the fact that players are easily noticeable with these colors. Being a sneaky beaver in halo is just so much more impressive than lying done in snow with a white character in COD.

2. Removed…

3. Don’t spawn players with any type of power weapon or power-up. One of the most important aspects of halo that was lost out in reach was the fact that you had to fight for an advantage. This was one of the reasons team work was so crucial in halo compared to other games.

4. Put a set re-spawn time on weapons on powerups. A big aspect of the game “timing” was mostly overlooked because the weapons wouldn’t spawn in consistent wave lengths. If a weapon is supposed to spawn every three minutes, make it happen! Don’t base it on when the weapon was dropped or used… keep it consistent! This will allow for more teamwork and awareness.

5. Keep the game basic. I think the biggest reason for Halo’s success over COD in the past was they didn’t try to go overboard.

Okay, I like your ideas, but why must everything be compared to CoD? It’s rediculous.

It’s just the next most competitive fps

> It’s just the next most competitive fps

Oh, I thought you were ANOTHER CoD hater.

CoD may be the most popular FPS, but it is by far NOT the next most competitive. I agree with you on most things, but please paragraph your post

I agree except:

1. The veto system should be more like Halo 3. It gave you a choice but it still limited you. Why was this good? Well, it’s because with the increase in options in Reach, the most popular maps are always chosen, meaning practically every other game of BTB is Hemorrhage and every other game of SWAT is Sword Base or The Cage, which isn’t good. I want to have some constant variety to play different map and gametype combos, which I had in Halo 3, but not in Reach. I did buy all of the maps after all, so I should have the chance to actually play them all in matchmaking every once in a while. Just show what the next combination of map and gametype will be if the first combo is vetoed in the Halo 3 system, and you have a golden system.

2. I hate those who camp for extended periods of time with a passion (minus in infection), but I will say this is a bad idea. Sure it will stop campers, but there’s also the side effect of stopping those who crouch to hide from a pursing enemy to get the drop on them and the idea of crouch walking around to attempt to remain hidden to reach a destination of your choosing. It removes one non-skilled element, but also removes other skilled and strategic elements. Take for example a time I was walking with a bomb to an enemy base. I had begun crouch walking as soon as I saw an enemy and because of it he didn’t see me on his radar or in his field of vision, even though I was a mere 15 foot or so away from him barely behind any cover at all, allowing me to sneak into his base and plant the bomb. Had the feature of crouch making you invisible from the radar never existed, he likely would have seen me on his radar anyways and killed me before I had the chance to react. Like I said, it removes an entire layer of skill and strategy because of it.

You skipped #8 by the way.

> CoD may be the most popular FPS, but it is by far NOT the next most competitive. I agree with you on most things, but please paragraph your post

True, COD is one of the least competetive shooters there are. And Unreal tournament and Quake even tops Halo. I only played the old versions a little bit but if they ever release a new game I’ll be the first to have them!

Great Post! As for the cheater solution I say we make an Official Cheater Blacklist thread in the future naming all the cheaters and banning them. Or 343 can make an advanced banhammer which can work also. Same thing for derankers and boosters.

> Does it really matter getting cheated at level 30/20… no!

Of course it matters. Cheating is cheating, regardless of what level the victims are at.

Burst weapons are limited. Plain and simple.

HCE pistol is so much better than the H2 BR. You obviously missed the -Yoink- storm that ensued when H2 was released. If you think people hated bloom…you didn’t see how much people hated the BR.

Single shot weapons add a level of consistency to the game. You either hit or you miss. Plain and simple. With a burst weapon you can hit 1 or 2 bullets out of the burst and you will never know. You’ll get a 5 shot and not know why.

I’m going to get burned for this but…

I say the cR system should be integrated into Halo 4 WITHOUT removing the 1-50 ranking system. The cR system didn’t add too much of an incentive in Halo Reach since it was pretty much “just play and get cR” but it would be nice if it varied enough to distinguish between a good game and a bad game, on the player’s part. Let me outline this:

-Competitive: Rank only through winning. cR are gained, but in no way do they affect the competitive rank.

-Social/Casual: Competitive rank is not given. cR is gained.

There should be two types of Player Statuses:

-Skill Rank: 1-50, gained by wins/top 3 in FFA. Is NOT affected by cR amounts.

-“Global” Rank: Levels/titles given by milestones of cR.

The main reason I want the cR system in Halo 4 is because earning cR to buy new armor was always a plus. Oh, and Challenges would be nice too, but only in Casual.

Also. REMOVE BLOOM!

> I’m going to get burned for this but…
>
> I say the cR system should be integrated into Halo 4 WITHOUT removing the 1-50 ranking system. The cR system didn’t add too much of an incentive in Halo Reach since it was pretty much “just play and get cR” but it would be nice if it varied enough to distinguish between a good game and a bad game, on the player’s part. Let me outline this:
>
> -Competitive: Rank only through winning. cR are gained, but in no way do they affect the competitive rank.
>
> -Social/Casual: Competitive rank is not given. cR is gained.
>
>
> There should be two types of Player Statuses:
>
> -Skill Rank: 1-50, gained by wins/top 3 in FFA. Is NOT affected by cR amounts.
>
> -“Global” Rank: Levels/titles given by milestones of cR.
>
>
> The main reason I want the cR system in Halo 4 is because earning cR to buy new armor was always a plus. Oh, and Challenges would be nice too, but only in Casual.
>
>
>
> Also. REMOVE BLOOM!

Hahaha, i can’t help but think you added the remove bloom line to negate some of the hate.

True, but I really do want it removed.

> Burst weapons are limited. Plain and simple.
>
> HCE pistol is so much better than the H2 BR. You obviously missed the Yoink! storm that ensued when H2 was released. If you think people hated bloom…you didn’t see how much people hated the BR.
>
> Single shot weapons add a level of consistency to the game. You either hit or you miss. Plain and simple. With a burst weapon you can hit 1 or 2 bullets out of the burst and you will never know. You’ll get a 5 shot and not know why.

Ya I was around but I have to disagree with you. First of all the halo 2 br didn’t have to be lead. And the only reason people didn’t like the H3 br was lack of registration. Just because something is more difficult doesn’t make it less consistent. If the registration was fixed and the host was lessened what your complaining about would be insignificant. That’s consistency of the player not the weapon… The burst allowed for the pre-shot and switching from player to player with a single burst; this allowed for some nasty multikills! Also the pause in between shots was a much better solution than the bloom… it actually did show player consistency. Once you include chance into the game play… that is when you lose consistency!
Hands down the burst was a major reason Halo 3 was more exciting than Reach…

Paragraphs are your friend. Spacing your post will make it easier to read and you’ll be more likely to get feedback.

> > Burst weapons are limited. Plain and simple.
> >
> > HCE pistol is so much better than the H2 BR. You obviously missed the Yoink! storm that ensued when H2 was released. If you think people hated bloom…you didn’t see how much people hated the BR.
> >
> > Single shot weapons add a level of consistency to the game. You either hit or you miss. Plain and simple. With a burst weapon you can hit 1 or 2 bullets out of the burst and you will never know. You’ll get a 5 shot and not know why.
>
> Ya I was around but I have to disagree with you. First of all the halo 2 br didn’t have to be lead. And the only reason people didn’t like the H3 br was lack of registration. Just because something is more difficult doesn’t make it less consistent. If the registration was fixed and the host was lessened what your complaining about would be insignificant. That’s consistency of the player not the weapon… The burst allowed for the pre-shot and switching from player to player with a single burst; this allowed for some nasty multikills! Also the pause in between shots was a much better solution than the bloom… it actually did show player consistency. Once you include chance into the game play… that is when you lose consistency!
> Hands down the burst was a major reason Halo 3 was more exciting than Reach…

I never said anything about bloom.

Halo is perfect what could we possibly improve upon? I joke.
For 343 next trilogy i too would like to see certain improvements, whether this be Graphics, gameplay or Forge capabilities. What they did for Halo Reach was a huge step forward when it came to making maps, they just need to improve on it, make it something similar to a full snadbox editor like Far Cry.
Plot lines as well is something i would like to see new of as well.

> Burst weapons are limited. Plain and simple.
>
> HCE pistol is so much better than the H2 BR. You obviously missed the Yoink! storm that ensued when H2 was released. If you think people hated bloom…you didn’t see how much people hated the BR.
>
> Single shot weapons add a level of consistency to the game. You either hit or you miss. Plain and simple. With a burst weapon you can hit 1 or 2 bullets out of the burst and you will never know. You’ll get a 5 shot and not know why.

I can guarantee you were using the br over the carbine in h2/3

> >
> > HCE pistol is so much better than the H2 BR. You obviously missed the Yoink! storm that ensued when H2 was released. If you think people hated bloom…you didn’t see how much people hated the BR.
> >
> > Single shot weapons add a level of consistency to the game. You either hit or you miss. Plain and simple. With a burst weapon you can hit 1 or 2 bullets out of the burst and you will never know. You’ll get a 5 shot and not know why.
>
> I can guarantee you were using the br over the carbine in h2/3

LOL good point!

> >
> >
>
> I can guarantee you were using the br over the carbine in h2/3

I wasn’t.