Improving Breakout

>Needs and Objective
Take inspiration from Team Fortress 2’s Arena Mode. If players from both teams are still alive after a certain amount of time an objective should pop up like a capture point for example. When you get to high level competitive games there will be no point to push if it’s just slayer based.

>Too many grenades
Obviously we only have 1 grenade but there is no reason there should be 5 grenades in one spot(Bottom Mid on trench and opposite of Building on Crossfire).

>Spectating is a big advantage
When you die you can spectate teammates in third person which allows you to see more of the map than what you can see leading to dead players calling out for their teammates. Once they’ve died they’ve given that up and shouldn’t be able to help their teammates in such a way. Change spectating to just first person

>Changing health and shields
I understand we have no shields in this gametype but sprinting up to a guy and just 1 hit beat downing a guy should not be a thing. Maybe apply shields and buff the weapons in this gametype only to compensate to match the kill times as if there were no shields could help

>Maps getting stale
I understand this is a beta and we could expect more maps in the full game but they seem to get stale pretty quick. Maybe include some asymmetric maps and after every round allow the teams to switch sides to mix up gameplay perhaps?

Thoughts? Suggestions? I’ll probably have more to say in the coming days the more I play it.

Bump

I rather like the maps so far.

I do agree that nades should be brought down a little though since this kinda reminds me of a SWAT CSS gamestyle.

Maybe they can be nerfed in damage or in quantity but either way it should be done.

> 2533274903392888;1:
> >Needs and Objective
> Take inspiration from Team Fortress 2’s Arena Mode. If players from both teams are still alive after a certain amount of time an objective should pop up like a capture point for example. When you get to high level competitive games there will be no point to push if it’s just slayer based.
>
> >Too many grenades
> Obviously we only have 1 grenade but there is no reason there should be 5 grenades in one spot(Bottom Mid on trench and opposite of Building on Crossfire).
>
> >Spectating is a big advantage
> When you die you can spectate teammates in third person which allows you to see more of the map than what you can see leading to dead players calling out for their teammates. Once they’ve died they’ve given that up and shouldn’t be able to help their teammates in such a way. Change spectating to just first person
>
> >Changing health and shields
> I understand we have no shields in this gametype but sprinting up to a guy and just 1 hit beat downing a guy should not be a thing. Maybe apply shields and buff the weapons in this gametype only to compensate to match the kill times as if there were no shields could help
>
> >Maps getting stale
> I understand this is a beta and we could expect more maps in the full game but they seem to get stale pretty quick. Maybe include some asymmetric maps and after every round allow the teams to switch sides to mix up gameplay perhaps?
>
> Thoughts? Suggestions? I’ll probably have more to say in the coming days the more I play it.

in my opinion i really hated that they added grenades for breakdown

> 2535465014126027;3:
> I rather like the maps so far.
>
> I do agree that nades should be brought down a little though since this kinda reminds me of a SWAT CSS gamestyle.
>
> Maybe they can be nerfed in damage or in quantity but either way it should be done.

There just seems to be a problem with nades in every gametype. They seem to be too quiet and have a really short fuse

Your feedback is quite on point. I really want to say I support removing grenades on spawn from Breakout.

> 2533274837018389;6:
> Your feedback is quite on point. I really want to say I support removing grenades on spawn from Breakout.

Or, instead we can remove grenades off the map, so that one grenade you have had to be used very wisely

Also, something I’d like to try out are magnum starts with breakout. I think it would work very well as there are few weapons on map and that there are lower shields.