Improving accuracy and general play

Been struggling recently especially with my accuracy and getting my shots on target, just wondered if there was any other gamemodes and gametypes that could help me improve other than playing in social playlists so I don’t have to worry about my rank or stats taking a hit ?

Could try playing custom games with friends or Warzone. I tend to keep away from the “Social” Playlists. Too many tryhards padding their wins and KDA on the more casual players in the matches. Don’t worry, you’ll soon get the hang of aiming. I use to be so bad but now I’m REQing for days with the Magnum.

Play octagon with maybe 2 friends. Also once I turned the acceleration down to 1 my shot became shockingly better. I played probably close to 1000 games on acceleration 2 and was always struggling to remain consistent. I would play around with your settings again

best advice i could give you that also helped me is try to not move your reticle vertically. Meaning try aiming with your left thumbstick for the most part, and make small adjustments with your right thumbstick. also dont let your right thumbstick flick all the way to the rim, try to keep it in the rim. if you have a good controller meaning the sticks dont drift, than turn your inner and outer deadzones to 0%. and lastly if youre gunfighting at a good distance, aim for the neck, helps land headshots with a pistol at a distance. Also there are tons of videos on youtube.

there has also been alot of talk about look sensitivity and aim acceleration as well as deadzones.

when i first started playing H5 i was all over the place, so i went into my controller settings and changed look sensitivity and acceleration to 3/4 and both inner and outer deadzones to 0

has worked wonders for me.

give it a try

Thanks for the advice

> 2533274939018653;2:
> Could try playing custom games with friends or Warzone. I tend to keep away from the “Social” Playlists. Too many tryhards padding their wins and KDA on the more casual players in the matches. Don’t worry, you’ll soon get the hang of aiming. I use to be so bad but now I’m REQing for days with the Magnum.

no just no

> 2533274859228344;3:
> Play octagon with maybe 2 friends. Also once I turned the acceleration down to 1 my shot became shockingly better. I played probably close to 1000 games on acceleration 2 and was always struggling to remain consistent. I would play around with your settings again

Wouldn’t changing it to 1 mean its to slow to turn around quickly?

I do warzone assault or social whatever they have

> 2533274921982810;1:
> Been struggling recently especially with my accuracy and getting my shots on target, just wondered if there was any other gamemodes and gametypes that could help me improve other than playing in social playlists so I don’t have to worry about my rank or stats taking a hit ?

Watch twitch streams and observe how the pros/elite players play this game.

position yourself where you can clean up kills or cover teammates

I feel swat is the best game type to improve. It’s really do or die and headshots are essential in this game

> 2533274841313387;12:
> I feel swat is the best game type to improve. It’s really do or die and headshots are essential in this game

I don’t. Team Arena is better if you want to generally improve. Anyone can rack up kills in swat if their aim is good, but there is a lot of thought processing done in objective game types that translates across the whole game. For example: A new player would spawn and charge towards the objective, while an experienced player would look for some sort of map control to give their team an advantage. Another would be learning to cover a teammate (while they’re running a flag) and knowing when to back down from a fight.

Granted, Swat translates well, but swat players develop a juggernaut mentality. That’s fine for swat, but pushing a full team with shields is much more risky than it is in swat.