Improvements to the Forging experience

Forge has improved tremendously from Halo 3 to Reach, but some simple things are missing that could be extremely helpful.

For example, an “undo button” and a “copy button.” They don’t seem very complicated to me, and I would love having them.

So leave what ideas you have to improve Forge, and try to keep it easy and simple. Hopefully some of these will be added to the next Forge editor.

I have a couple ideas, though they’re slightly more complicated than an undo button. First off, I’d like to see changable skins for vehicles. Like the artic vehicles on Avalanche in Halo 3, but you have the ability choose these skins on your own. The skins I’d like to see for the UNSC are artic, jungle, desert, and default (the usual skin you see). Covenant just need a frosted, scorched, mud and vegetation stained, and default skins. Something else I’d like to see is a map with controlable weather. Just one, similar to Forge World, but you can choose rain, drought, snow, overgrown (jungle), cloudy, or clear sky. You can create a night with special effects, so I will exclude that. You could even make a apecial effect work for rain. The other weather options affect the terrain, so a special effect would not do the job. However, I don’t know how hard this weather controller would be to make, despite the seemingly simplistic number of options. I wouldn’t mind seeing a come back of all the deleted forms of the Warthogs, too, but those can in the forms of skins, if they do make an appearance. I’d also love to see some of the Halo Wars vehicles make an appearance (I realize this isn’t just a forge request, as they’d have to be in campaign and multiplayer as well). I know they wouldn’t all fit, but some of them could be made to. These are my thoughts.

Weather is definitely something that would point me towards using forge alot more…Honestly, I think a full-blown map creator (like H2’s) would suffice fairly well. You could do it all from the Reach UI and physically on the map, you could move/drag/warp terrain, vehicles, barriers, etc. You could adjust all your lighting and everything else.

all i want is more precise coornit editing and some more blocks, triangles, and circular peices

Placing a hornet would be cool for halo reach, but for halo 4 we need a frigate, corvette, scarab, or a pelican. 343, You should pick at least one of these to be in halo 4.

343 if you are listening to this, I want this please: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8qa-naczjg

I want to be able to make my own map not just place objects in a pre-defined area.

As a bonus 343 wouldn’t need to make remakes of old maps, if we had this level of control, terrain etc, then we could easily make Coagulation or even Headlong if you had the range of objects the cry editor does.

Obviously this is missing a few things ie, caves, multiple water level heights, waterfalls etc.
oh and please use something as similar as possible to the Halo 3 water engine, that water was the most beautiful and realistic water I’ve seen, I though Reach’s water kind of broke down in some areas

EDIT: I’m not saying exactly like this, just really the terrain options, keep the objects haloie, but have an option of Forerunner, Human and Covenant buildings, blocks and items. The Halo Reach forge maps were always the same color pallet, again I want my maps to be their own and not feel like they’re in the same place as the next persons map.

The Far cry editor went down really well and the fact that people have already made Halo reamakes with the far cry editor shows that you wouldn’t need to make them your self, the community could do it with ease.

And I would love it if you would put in special objects like the windmill from Zanzibar or the trains from Terminal, objects that do things without player interaction and give the feeling that it’s more than just a forge map.

Just my thoughts

> 343 if you are listening to this, I want this please: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8qa-naczjg
>
> I want to be able to make my own map not just place objects in a pre-defined area.
>
> As a bonus 343 wouldn’t need to make remakes of old maps, if we had this level of control, terrain etc, then we could easily make Coagulation or even Headlong if you had the range of objects the cry editor does.
>
> Obviously this is missing a few things ie, caves, multiple water level heights, waterfalls etc.
> oh and please use something as similar as possible to the Halo 3 water engine, that water was the most beautiful and realistic water I’ve seen, I though Reach’s water kind of broke down in some areas
>
> EDIT: I’m not saying exactly like this, just really the terrain options, keep the objects haloie, but have an option of Forerunner, Human and Covenant buildings, blocks and items. The Halo Reach forge maps were always the same color pallet, again I want my maps to be their own and not feel like they’re in the same place as the next persons map.
>
> The Far cry editor went down really well and the fact that people have already made Halo reamakes with the far cry editor shows that you wouldn’t need to make them your self, the community could do it with ease.
>
> And I would love it if you would put in special objects like the windmill from Zanzibar or the trains from Terminal, objects that do things without player interaction and give the feeling that it’s more than just a forge map.
>
> Just my thoughts

What he said!