Improvements to Living Dead

On Halo 3, living dead was a double xp playlist with custom made maps that included forge objects to make the maps seem more like an apocalypse environment. Now on halo reach, the playlist living dead is not as fun because the maps do not have a variety of weapons in which the players use to kill the zombies. There are no vehicles.

I LOVE Alpha Zombies gametype because there is no way way for the zombies to get cheap kills using evade. I think its time for 343 to completely remove the regular infection playist from living dead altogether.

Isn’t alpha zombies added? Like the one from Halo 3? Or is it still the same?

It was a lot more fun to be an infected in halo 3’s version. Reach’s version leaves a lot to be desired.

If they added custom maps to the rotation and took out the default ones, I think it would be a lot better.

Id like to see the addition of a varient where humans get random weapons(ala firefight arcade fight) and zombies get random abilities. We could get a guy with a FRG fighting and invisible zombie OO

alpha zombies is just the same as halo 3 instead of reach’s sprint

> Isn’t alpha zombies added? Like the one from Halo 3? Or is it still the same?

> If they added custom maps to the rotation and took out the default ones, I think it would be a lot better.

Totally agreed.

Reach’s default maps don’t really work for Infection. Virtually all of them have spots to camp that provide long lines of sight, thus making it really easy for humans to headshot zombies. It’s basically a shooting gallery.

H3 had a lot of custom maps specifically designed for Infection, and they were at least a thousand times as fun as the default ones. And while they also allowed humans to camp (which is basically the default strategy for humans), lines of sight where much shorter and allowed the zombies to get rather close.

To be honest, I really don’t understand why Bungie didn’t add at least a few custom maps in Living Dead. Almost every other playlist has them now even though they don’t really need them. And the one playlist that would benefit the most from custom maps doesn’t have any. That’s just silly.

In Halo 4 the infected should get Flood skins, god that would be scary.

> In Halo 4 the infected should get Flood skins, god that would be scary.

It seems that everyone wants that.

Custom maps for the Living Dead playlist in Halo: Reach: 100% agreed!

Flood skins for Halo 4 Infection: 100% agreed!

xP

Check the idea I posted here:

- Enable the Pestilence armor effect and undead/skull helmet for all zombies when playing infection. Easier to see which players are a zombie and makes it look very cool.
- Add the Juicy and Next-Gen filters to zombie maps; it makes them look dark and creepy!

> - Enable the Pestilence armor effect and undead/skull helmet for all zombies when playing infection. Easier to see which players are a zombie…

I think that the big, shiny, blue-glowing thing in their hands is a dead giveaway. :wink:

i will make custom infection maps. if you want to help me get them on matchmaking, then download them on my file share. the maps should be on my file share by julys end.

> On Halo 3, living dead was a double xp playlist with custom made maps that included forge objects to make the maps seem more like an apocalypse environment. Now on halo reach, the playlist living dead is not as fun because the maps do not have a variety of weapons in which the players use to kill the zombies. There are no vehicles.
>
> I LOVE Alpha Zombies gametype because there is no way way for the zombies to get cheap kills using evade. I think its time for 343 to completely remove the regular infection playist from living dead altogether.

I agree with you but i think this should be in the multiplayer forums.

making an zombies map and gametype where you can play as elites or spartans, and you play on an open world map.