Improved Communication and team commands

This in my own opinion would help greatly with the lack of communication that happens in Halo and many other games caused by Party Chat or no one having a microphone. So please read this and I hope you enjoy the idea and vote fairly for the new Callout System for Halo 5.

In Multiplayer there should be a system like in League of Legends. (and i’m assuming like the MOBAs of its genre). In LoL players can ping certain areas allowing teammates to get a general idea of what is going on there. This system allows players to alert each other of many things. Such as a large amount of minions on a prowl, the entire enemy team hiding in a bush( silly i know) or which target everyone should be focusing their attention on. These “Pings” are a quick and easy way to communicate with your teammates with out typing a single word, so i thought. How could i bring this to Halo and here’s what I’ve got.

<mark>Callouts</mark>

Tapping the Back button (holding brings up the scoreboard) brings up a full map of the area. Players can use these Callouts to issue commands, warning and even alert allies them of a weapon/vehicle that is about to spawn by simply holding back and pressing a button.

When in this mode players can send out messages to their allies. Small unalterable messages to teammates that will show up on their screens allowing them to know what is going on. While in this mode each button A,B,X and Y will serve different purposes. Along with RB and LB, The Joy sticks and the D-Pad.

(assuming the Ordinance won’t be returning from their bad rep in Halo 4.)

Callouts can only be called out only a few times before the player must wait a set amount of time before they can send out another message to the team.

A

The A button will be the I’m on my way or OWM for short. When players press the A button at a certain location in the area they will put a green notification on other players screen. Displaying the players GT and showing an arrow where they are going. Double Tapping A will let everyone know you will be at the location soon.X

Pressing the X button in the Callout mode will ask for assistance. Same as with the a button. Players will get a notification saying where they require aid in the form of a blue arrow. Double tapping the X button will ask for Heavy Support.B

The B button will be used in warning your allies. a Single tap will alert players to be careful apon heading to a certain location and a double tap will tell players that the area is dangerous. The first tap will have a small marker that will only affect those who are near the callout while double tapping will send a global message.Y
Personally i think this will be used the most.

Pressing the Y button in the Callouts will place a notification asking your allies to bring attention to a certain area. The Attention command allows you to change the purpose of the other three Callouts. Y and A asks your allies to regroup to an area, Y and X asks your allies to Defend an area and Y and B asks your allies to attack an area. Double tapping the attention button tells your allies to retreat.LB and RB Commands.

During your commands pressing LB or RB will increase or decrease a number count for your Call Out. This number count will allow players to update the team on how many hostiles are in an area. RB increases the number count while LB decreases it. Allowing someone with no microphone to alert their entire team of Danger-8 hostiles my location.The Joy Sticks

Now one thing Halo has that i’m sure no MOBA does is different levels. By levels i mean a map with several different floors to traverse. This system seems pretty flawed on a map like Swordbase or Countdown. Players would always get Call Outs on the top lever or even worse on random levels. So why not use the Joy Sticks to fix this problem.

Using the left joy stick allows players to move their cursor around the map so they can issue Callouts. The right Joy Stick will allow the user to move to different levels for their Callouts. So if you need help 3 floors below because the enemy is on their way. You can issue the command instead of your teammates at a different floor wondering where you are.

D-Pad Accept or Deny.

Up and down on the D-pad just moments after a Call Out has been issued will allow players to respond without going into the Call Out mode themselves. Pressing up on the D-Pad acknowledges that the player is listening to whoever or following their command while pressing down ignores their Call Out.

I.E. if someone pressing the On my way Call Out if I were to press up on the D-Pad they would get a note saying “OMW as well” but down on the d-pad will give them an ignore tab.

If someone says danger in an area and i press up on the D-Pad, they will receive an acknowledgement. Pressing down and the teammate will get an ignore tab.

This gives players a quick response to their allies even while in combat.

I hope you like the idea of bringing this new form of communication into Halo. I know it is from another game but after over a decade of being around and always changing Halo or the people making can’t keep up with the completely innovation system. Someone somewhere has probably down the idea before, so i can’t blame 343i for taking small and cool features from other games and adding them to Halo. Especially something like this where the Pros HEAVILY outweigh the cons.

I hope you read the post and voted fairly and will support the idea. Later, I have to get 3 dozen more kills with the Incineration Cannon.

P.S. If not in MP could we atleast get somethng like squad commands in Campaign. Its really a pain to see my marines not doing anything more than dying when all i had to do was tell him to move.

P.S.S This system could work well with the Kinect too. Lets say you are the only one if game chat and you say Danger 4 hostiles Refinery. The Kinect will display that. It will give good reason to bring back the map locations like in Halo Reach.

I can see this being helpful in communication without mics, but if implemented, the back button certainly shouldn’t be how to activate them.

Holding down on the D-Pad while pressing the desired call-out would be more prudent.

> I can see this being helpful in communication without mics, but if implemented, the back button certainly shouldn’t be how to activate them.
>
> Holding down on the D-Pad while pressing the desired call-out would be more prudent.

Open to suggestions and thanks for the feed back. The only reason i didn’t use the D-pad for it was because of how the D-pad was apart of the system. But i guess since it is meant only for quick replies then switching it from the back button to the D-pad shouldn’t be too much of an issue.

I think this is actually a brilliant idea honestly. But I believe it’d be more intuitive if, like Andycu5 suggested, it was used via the D-pad.

I don’t think we need so many callouts though. Attack here, Defend here, Help, or I’m coming I think is good enough.

There are other games that include callout and communication systems for players without mics and no one ever uses them.

As a LoL player myself, I do approve of this but needs changes.

Should be on the dpad something quick to use so were not taking forever to just use one callout.

I have an idea for campaign. I liked the system in the Battlefront games where you could use the Dpad for a few basic commands for friendly AI, like “Follow Me”, “Move Out”, etc.

> There are other games that include callout and communication systems for players without mics and no one ever uses them.

I agree with this.

However I do think your idea isn’t bad and like people have said on here I think the D-pad would work better. This being said I think it only has a place in Single player aka campaign.

> There are other games that include callout and communication systems for players without mics and no one ever uses them.

Really, what games are these? I could maybe use them as a way to improve this current idea.

I think its a fantastic idea but you should be able to mute certain people who are spamming random commands. that would be pure annoying.
btw some games that use this include : Portal 2 and Battlefield games