Improved Armor Designs

For me, one thing that I think needs improvement in Halo Xbox One is the armor design. I know this has been touched on a lot when the H4 armors were first shown, and everyone said the armor was too tacky. However, in-game, the detail actually makes it near impossible to even tell what armor is what, pretty much rendering it useless. A lot of the chests and shoulders look almost identical, like there’s probably at least five shoulders of the same shape, just different sizes. In Halo 3 and Reach, armor was extremely distinct, partly due to the fact that armor pieces were actually more like attachments and were different colors. H4 Spartans just look like a solid mass of color.

I don’t know what the story behind Halo Xbox One’s armor will be. I don’t think they’ll continue with the Gen2 stuff, or even Spartan IVs at all, but if it’s doable in previous games, then it should be doable now.

As long as I can still wear the Recruit helmet, I’ll be okay. 343 should really take a look at Halo 3 though; the armor pieces fit together so seamlessly. I also liked Reach’s more exotic armor.

I’m kind of hoping they make the armor more like masterchief’s armor in Halo 4, because that armor had the perfect size and width. It had the right amount of bulkiness, while still keeping a slim silhouette.

Give me S.P.I and ill be happy, it all went together perfectly for those who didnt know :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the Halo 4 armor is way to spot clean. Halo Reach armor was all worn down and had a lot more texture and color.

> I think the Halo 4 armor is way to spot clean. Halo Reach armor was all worn down and had a lot more texture and color.

Waaaayyyyyy to clean. I hope they also bring back attachments and armour effects. Not to mention Reach’s super exotic helmets (haunted)

I hope they make the armor off of reach, so far the best looking armor.

My issue with the armor is how little it covers, specifically the lower abdomen.

Also, in graphics department, I hope the textures are better for said armor. H4 armor looks so plasticky.

On the other hand, some of the helments aren’t that bad though. I really like the look o War Master.

I really like how Reach armor was mostly attachment based, I hope we see more customization options in future Halo titles.

> For me, one thing that I think needs improvement in Halo Xbox One is the armor design. I know this has been touched on a lot when the H4 armors were first shown, and everyone said the armor was too tacky. However, in-game, the detail actually makes it near impossible to even tell what armor is what, pretty much rendering it useless. A lot of the chests and shoulders look almost identical, like there’s probably at least five shoulders of the same shape, just different sizes. In Halo 3 and Reach, armor was extremely distinct, partly due to the fact that armor pieces were actually more like attachments and were different colors. H4 Spartans just look like a solid mass of color.
>
> I don’t know what the story behind Halo Xbox One’s armor will be. I don’t think they’ll continue with the Gen2 stuff, or even Spartan IVs at all, but if it’s doable in previous games, then it should be doable now.

You have to admit, some of the armours actually look good. Ill list a few:
-Recruit
-Warrior
-Air Assault
-Deadeye
-EVA
-GUNGNIR
-Venator
-Scout
-Recon
-Locus
-Tracker

EDIT: everyone has different perspectives on things. Like the fact that everyone sees colours differently, which is why some people dont like specific colours but others can. Same goes for armour. I didnt like any of the armours in Halo 3 other than Recon and ODST, while in Reach, i only wore ODST and Military Police.

And they will probably stick with GEN2, but considering that older suits like Mk IV (check The Art of Halo 4), Mk V and Mk VI can be made compatible with it, it is likely that we will see some other older suits appearing

> I think the Halo 4 armor is way to spot clean. Halo Reach armor was all worn down and had a lot more texture and color.

I think somewhere in between halo 4 and reach armor would be best. Not too clean but not too dirty and worn down looking.

One thing I really hope they add is the armor skins.

Makes my armor feel more “unique” to me.

I’d love if there was a “worn down” armour skin that makes your armour look more and more damaged after every game you win. HX1 needs interesting variable things like that.

I want the armour to get progressively worse as the series goes on. So, Halo 4 has clean armour, Halo 5’s Armour is a little banged up and Halo 6’s Armour is really damaged.

I like worn metallic textures over “plastic.” Imagine a blend of Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Reach armor.

> <mark>My issue with the armor is how little it covers, specifically the lower abdomen.</mark>
>
> Also, in graphics department, I hope the textures are better for said armor. H4 armor looks so plasticky.
>
> On the other hand, some of the helments aren’t that bad though. I really like the look o War Master.
>
> I really like how Reach armor was mostly attachment based, I hope we see more customization options in future Halo titles.

I couldnt agree with that more. Thats the thing i hate most about the Halo 4 Armor Especially Chief’s Armor. Like seriously one good shot from the needle rifle will puncture that soft hard skin. (I dont know if that makes sense haha)

I really like how you guys think with the damaged skin. Altho it wouldnt make much sense if you win because winners always have nice things and the “losers” have to deal with the damaged worn out armor with low upgrades. So like what if you die a certain number of times or like engage in a certain number of firefights and maybe survive so your armor becomes worn out. But if you die a certain way, like say if you keep getting head shotted or maybe you head shot a number of players you get a “Bullet Hole” visor.

But uh one thing i have always though for the armor skins is that you have a section in your armory where it has like 5 or more armor skins that work for all armors. And now after thinking about what you guys were saying about the worn out skin… You could get a special Skin section for the armors you use the most. Like say for example if you use the Recruit Armor for a certain number of firefights you get a specific Battered Armor Skin for your Recruit armor and it has scratches all over the character model. So After youve “Mastered” or won that number of fire fights with all the armor (Legs, Chest, Helmet, Shoulders, and Arms) you can mix and match different worn out armor skin pieces with all the armor so in the end your spartan looks like he/she has become the master of the battlefield.

Yeah, also, There need to be vidmasters. Vidmasters are awesome, and I loved earning Recon, and it felt good to wear it with pride. Of course I got Tea Bagged for wearing it, but it made people jelly. So Special armors that are hard to earn need to return. Cus as of now, all it took to get armor is Rank, and Commendations, so it’s nothing that special.