improved AI with ammo count

How many times has it happened to you where your fighting an enemy that just wont let up on the trigger with an unlimited supply of ammunition and your 20 marines all stand around and die and when you finally kill the enemy there is only a half mag left in the gun? don’t you just hate that? It’s just not fair gameplay wise.

Now I’m not trying to change what makes Halo Halo but how about this AS AN OPTION

say in the form of skulls or an option in the campaign menu

trained: Friendly soldiers are much more intelligent, soldiers that can kill the enemy without outnumbering them 10 to 1
this could easily be done by making the marines more accurate and more defensive. Make it so they shoot the enemy more but dont charge them. Marines would stay at a reasonable distance (unless given a short range weapon) and will only move up once the enemy is pushed back or dead. This way you could choose to stay back and fight with your marine buddies or charge ahead and lay waste.

Enemy ammo consumption: Enemy soldier would no longer have infinite ammo and could be waited out if they are trigger happy, or would be much more deadly if they waited for the right shot to present itself

While on the topic of AI and Ammo
1 please bring back bandanna skull it was fun
2: MAKE A LICENSE MANDATORY FOR JOINING THE MARINES!!! (fix the driving AI)

to be honest i don’t mind. you can use a shotgun up to the last round then pass it over to an AI and they have an unlimited powerful weapon.
Helps to conserve ammo

I didn’t like the fact that AI’s could constantly shoot without reloading their weapons…

Either give the AI, as it is just that, infinite ammunition and some brains, or lower the shielding on the enemies so that it doesn’t take an armada to kill one Elite.

Either way, give somebody something so that we can kill an Elite one-on-one and with a fine amount of ammunition.

> to be honest i don’t mind. you can use a shotgun up to the last round then pass it over to an AI and they have an unlimited powerful weapon.
> Helps to conserve ammo

thats true from an ally standpoint but then that marine sits on a plasma and there goes that weapon :confused:
I was more referring to the enemy but your right that friendlies need infinite ammo, Because they are so dumb! it’s circular and frustrating
the only good friendly AI is one with a power weapon, and then only if the enemy is at the right range to use it, or on a vehicle turret

> I didn’t like the fact that AI’s could constantly shoot without reloading their weapons…

THIS
I had forgotten about this but yes this irks me to no end, enemy infinate ammo wouldn’t be such a big deal if they would stop and reload giving you a chance to move up or return fire!
thanks for reminding me of this

> > I didn’t like the fact that AI’s could constantly shoot without reloading their weapons…
>
> THIS
> I had forgotten about this but yes this irks me to no end, enemy infinate ammo wouldn’t be such a big deal if they would stop and reload giving you a chance to move up or return fire!
> thanks for reminding me of this

It’s fine if they had unlimited ammo, but it should never be bottomless clip! Simply because you would have a good chance to attack!

No problemo duude! :)))

[deleted]

I agree with all. Hostile opposition should be more reliant on tactics and teamwork to kill you rather than unfair advantages like insane damage resistance and unlimited ammo. Although truly “smart” AI in video games is still a ways away, some games currently on the market have very intuitive AI. I think its time that Halo moves away from the formula of “Higher difficulty = +damage, +resistance, +rate of fire for enemies” and more towards “Higher difficulty = smarter enemies.”

> I think its time that Halo moves away from the formula of “Higher difficulty = +damage (H2), +resistance (H3), +rate of fire (Reach) for enemies” and more towards “Higher difficulty = smarter enemies.”

Yep.

Honestly, all I want right now is smarter, friendly AI. I could care less about the ammo right now.

all i care for is useful marines

i still hold onto my idea about Friendly AI Difficulties;

like enemy AI, you should be able to choose the difficulty or your allies;

Easy- Walking meatsacks caring guns, useless for anything but cannon fodder- Reach Style

Normal- Useful allies but not designed for epic, or large amounts of combat- Advanced version of HCE, H2, and H3 Allied AI

Heroic- How Marines 500 years in the future should be, Tough! these allies will put up a HARD fight for enemy AI, but they won’t always win against overwhelming odds (examples, 1 Marine can win against a couple of grunts, or a jackal, but not an elite, ect.)

Legendary- Spartans without Armor, impossible to hit, impossible to kill, impossible to defeat (not really) these guys can get past even the most dire situations

^ something like this ^

it’s ridiculous that a marine armed with a shotgun can be killed by a grunt, at close range, on EASY difficulty