Impressions after playing 8 matches.

Gameplay: Fast, fluid and fun. Feels like Halo and plays amazingly sprint works well and strafing works effectively and the lack of aim acceleration is a god send.

Armor Abilities: Many of you were worried about this and I can safely say, don’t worry, unlike Reach the armor abilities in Halo 4 do not mess up the flow of the map or act as super powers, they compliment the gameplay of Halo 4. You actually don’t even have to use them to win at all, I went 23/3 on Infinity Slayer on Adrift without using any AA once.

Promethean Vision- Only good if you are blind to the radar, completely useless otherwise.

Thruster pack- My personal favorite, this is a good get out of near death AA but you can EASILY be followed so don’t expect it to get you fully out of danger.

Hardlight Shield- Good for getting you out of long range single sided attacks but if someone is on your sides or behind you, you are screwed.

Hologram- Hologram

Graphics: 720p+FXAA=Awesome

User Interface: Functions very well even though pictures would make you think other wise.

Game Modes:

Regicide- Finally something that makes FFA enjoyable again! Great point based game mode.

Infinity Slayer- Not much to say, its slayer and its fun

Maps
:

Longbow- Great map for 6v6 and the flow is pretty constant and overall feels nice.

Adrift- Nice and tight close quarters map with a good center arena, can be confusing at first though

Haven- Great map with amazing flow, fans of Midship or competitive maps should love this

Overall Impressions: Over the 8 games I have played I lost 2 but every single game has been fun. I am not going into these matches with a biased or “IM PLAYING IT EARLY” mind set, I am giving it as fair of judgement as I can. My last game I went 23/3 and let me tell you no game has ever gotten by blood pumping like that since Halo 2, getting an over kill with a BR just felt so right and getting a running riot felt amazing as well. I know some of you guys have a lot of worries about the game but trust me when I say wait until you pick up a controller and play it, because then you will understand what I am saying.

So 9/10 would bang?

How many bugs/glitches were there?

did it feel like CoD?

> did it feel like CoD?

It didn’t even look like COD.

> How many bugs/glitches were there?

Not many at all to be honest, 2 I notices (that are fixed now)

Speed+Thruster made you go insane distances when using a back thrust (honestly I would have LOVED if that stayed)

Bodies not dissolving from scatter shot on Long Bow.

> > did it feel like CoD?
>
> It didn’t even look like COD.

I didn’t ask you anyway

So, you are a good Halo player (competitive i would say), you have played Halo 2 online and you think Halo 4 is gonna be awesome?
People,listen to this guy!!

“How did 343i do it?” -Everybody.

> > > did it feel like CoD?
> >
> > It didn’t even look like COD.
>
> I didn’t ask you anyway

Your question has been answered many times. No. There are only vague similarities. And those similarities aren’t even COD exclusive.

> So, you are a good Halo player (competitive i would say), you have played Halo 2 online and you think Halo 4 is gonna be awesome?
> People,listen to this guy!!

Not like MLG competitive, im a “Good game” competitive lol

Dont trust that “New game” effect everyone is getting from H4 making it seem like the best game in the world. That new game feeling can be deceiving, I felt that way playing Diablo 3 after 10+ years of the release of Diablo 2 and the game systems were watered down and the replay value from customizing you’re playstyle was not there. The real test will be 2 months after playing will the gameplay support a fun and replayable experience that is built off substance rather than gimmicks.

Halo 1, I am still learning new things about that game and the game systems interact in a way that gives it real depth. Tons of replay-ability.

Halo 2, just plain addicting Arena-style Halo. Intense, dynamic, and the physics let you do unreal things. Mastering glitches it something that also gave it tons of replayablity for me.

Halo 3, a slower-paced Halo game with the essence of Halo 2 but kind of watered down. Halo systems like movement, aiming, and power weapons/power-ups changed to better suit new players making the game less dynamic and interesting overall. Still has replay value for ranking system and game systems still interact well, but not as deep as H1 or as explosive as H2.

The real question for me is, will Halo 4 have the high replay value and long-lasting appeal the Trilogy games did? Will the game systems interact in a way that is effortless yet deep at the same time like H1, or will there be a killer aspect of H4 that separates it from other Halos and makes it special in its own way.

Only time will tell.

I’m pathetically jealous of everyone that get’s to play Halo 4 early. At the same time I’m kinda glad I’m going into the full game fresh. It’s really nice to hear that aim acceleration is dumbed down. It was the worst thing in both H3 and Reach. If Halo 4 has that fast twitchy feel to it like Halo 2 did I’d say it’s a safe bet that I’ll gain 20 pounds this holiday season.

That’s awesome you got to play it, and I’m glad you liked it so much. Any cool assassinations you got?

sounds fun.

> Dont trust that “New game” effect everyone is getting from H4 making it seem like the best game in the world. That new game feeling can be deceiving, I felt that way playing Diablo 3 after 10+ years of the release of Diablo 2 and the game systems were watered down and the replay value from customizing you’re playstyle was not there. The real test will be 2 months after playing will the gameplay support a fun and replayable experience that is built off substance rather than gimmicks.
>
> Halo 1, I am still learning new things about that game and the game systems interact in a way that gives it real depth. Tons of replay-ability.
>
> Halo 2, just plain addicting Arena-style Halo. Intense, dynamic, and the physics let you do unreal things. Mastering glitches it something that also gave it tons of replayablity for me.
>
> Halo 3, a slower-paced Halo game with the essence of Halo 2 but kind of watered down. Halo systems like movement, aiming, and power weapons/power-ups changed to better suit new players making the game less dynamic and interesting overall. Still has replay value for ranking system and game systems still interact well, but not as deep as H1 or as explosive as H2.
>
> The real question for me is, will Halo 4 have the high replay value and long-lasting appeal the Trilogy games did? Will the game systems interact in a way that is effortless yet deep at the same time like H1, or will there be a killer aspect of H4 that separates it from other Halos and makes it special in its own way.
>
> Only time will tell.

Oh no I agree we have to wait until the Meta game kicks in but right now the gameplay itself is rock solid.

Also like I said I am trying not to have that “new game feel” with this. I want to look at it objectively.

> Promethean Vision- Only good if you are blind to the radar, completely useless otherwise.
> **
[/quote]
thanks for your post! nice that you are sharing your experience/ info. PV seems useless to you? in the youtube mp-vid’s it does not seem useless, it seems way overpowered. did they change something about already? i have to say that looking through walls/ floors and stuff to figure out were everyone is does not sound useless at all?!**

Just one question,
Does the PV reach beyond in radar range?

> If Halo 4 has that fast twitchy feel to it like Halo 2 did I’d say it’s a safe bet that I’ll gain 20 pounds this holiday season.

hahaha :slight_smile:

> > Promethean Vision- Only good if you are blind to the radar, completely useless otherwise.
> > **
[/quote]
thanks for your post! nice that you are sharing your experience/ info. PV seems useless to you? in the youtube mp-vid’s it does not seem useless, it seems way overpowered. did they change something about already? i have to say that looking through walls/ floors and stuff to figure out were everyone is does not sound useless at all?!
[/quote]
Trust me the MLG guys are wayyyy over stating its usefulness. All the info that Prometheus Vision gives you is available on your radar, so unless you don’t use your radar PV is pretty much useless.**