Impossible Regicide Challenge

Even in optimal conditions you can only hit 15 reggie kills before you get 300 points and win the game, how are you supposed to get 18?

Good question. I was also expecting one from 343.

I would imagine that this, given the current MM playlist settings, particularly the points required for victory, means that it must be achieved via Custom Games.

I did it yesterday by becoming King at the very beginning and killing 18 people. How did I do this you ask? Try to get a map like Haven (Any map that has the sword) and kill someone right off the bat. Go to a spot where the enemy is forced to come to you, face to face. Repeat and rinse. When the sword runs out, use the good ol DMR and run around like a maniac, keeping your foes at an arms length so to speak.

I’ve been trying to do the same today but for some reason, it only stays at 10. Must be glitched out or suffin.

Oh, I was assuming they’d make achieving non-cooperative challenges and commendations impossible within a custom match, to prevent tomfoolery and whatnot.

> I did it yesterday by becoming King at the very beginning and killing 18 people. How did I do this you ask? Try to get a map like Haven (Any map that has the sword) and kill someone right off the bat. Go to a spot where the enemy is forced to come to you, face to face. Repeat and rinse. When the sword runs out, use the good ol DMR and run around like a maniac, keeping your foes at an arms length so to speak.
>
> I’ve been trying to do the same today but for some reason, it only stays at 10. Must be glitched out or suffin.

I thought the only way to get regicide kills was to kill the king?

The challenges are pretty wierd, I finished a game with 9 regicides, then I played another and got 3 and that lasted for another 3 matches and it popped :S

From the way I’ve played it yesterday, that’s the way I got it. There are other topics about this very issue (Not trying to be a smartass, bro) and some people posted what I just posted. Give it a shot, my friend. Always be on the lookout for the Sword/Scattershot.

I hate this challenge. It also has a pretty low payout for being so impossible.

lol- i just posted about that…it says that i completed the weekly by getting 18 regicides…but i know there is no way that I got that many in a game. Does it count if you get kills while you are the king too? Maybe if that is the case I might have…but my understanding is that you have to kill the king to get a regicide and I know that I didnt get 18 in one game (18 kills - but not 18 king kills)

I got a bunch of kills AS king yesterday, and I got the challenge, but today, I don’t have it anymore. Yay bugs.

> I got a bunch of kills AS king yesterday, and I got the challenge, but today, I don’t have it anymore. Yay bugs.

Is yours stuck a certain number as well? Mleh, must be “One of this things” that happen from time to time again.

Ok so, myself and a couple of the guys I play Halo with are all having problems with this Challenge. One guy had the challenge then it dissapeared 2 games later, and the rest of us are all stuck at 10/18 kills. Anyway long story short after making god knows how many attempts at it, we all just jumped into matchmaking with a full party and tried one last time (yeah it’s probably considered boosting but we we’re out of options) now we all have XP bans. Does anyone know how long those bans will last?